dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2020

621 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

Did you put in the notes box when you uploaded what I said to put as mentioned in private mail? 

NVC are terrible when it comes the the AUS FEDPOL certificate, if it’s the one I sent you links too etc it’s definately the right one and their error... cost us an additional 4 months.. truely sympathies with you... @zochu had hers approved recently no worries

Yeh, I had no trouble uploading my Aus Fed national check and we were approved at NVC after 4 days of submitting ..

unsure why a lot of Aussies have so much trouble? Doesn’t make sense 

Our Visa Journey:

2 April 2018: Married in Santa Ana, California 💒

6 June 2019: Birth of our daughter 👶👨‍👩‍👧

14 October 2019: Sent I-130 package via AusPost 📮 

18 October 2019: NOA1 received - sent to Texas Service Centre :D

24 October 2019: USCIS processed filing fee 🤑 waiting game 🕰️

22 January 2020: Andy moved back to the USA😞 🇺🇸 - re-establish domicile & to get a job 👨‍⚕️

23 February 2020: Petition transferred from Texas Service Centre to Nebraska Service Centre 😞

15 May 2020: I-130 petition approved! 😭😍 Date changes leading up to the approval were: 1 May, 12 May, 13 May. 

16 May 2020: Received NVC email, paid all fees. Waiting for fees to process so we can upload and submit all documents

19 May 2020: Immigrant visa Fees PROCESSED; affidavit of support fee PROCESSED 

28 May 2020: Submitted VISA application, civil documents & affidavit of support documents. Patiently awaiting DQ. 

2 June 2020: Email received from NVC stating that we have been Documentary Qualified and that they will liaise with US Consulate in Sydney for Interview 🐨

27 June 2020: Expedite request submitted 🤞

7 July 2020: Expedite request APPROVED! 😃😭

15 July 2020: Email received advising of interview date and time. 
20 July 2020: Medical i: n Melbourne CBD 🏥     
28 July 2020: US visa interview at US consulate Sydney - refused 221(g) issued. Request for joint sponsor 😞

31 July 2020: uploaded joint sponsor to NVC, emailed consulate 

5 August 2020: emailed received advising they have received the joint sponsor 

7 August 2020: case i0n “administrative processing” 🤞

10 August 2020: visa ISSUED 😭 

12 August 2020: passport and visa in hand!

1 hour ago, Duke & Marie said:

Did you put in the notes box when you uploaded what I said to put as mentioned in private mail? 

NVC are terrible when it comes the the AUS FEDPOL certificate, if it’s the one I sent you links too etc it’s definately the right one and their error... cost us an additional 4 months.. truely sympathies with you... @zochu had hers approved recently no worries

Oh yes! I did exactly what you told me. Thanks for following up!

we are very fortunate that we’ve gotten a response almost every week since submitting docs, so this isn’t being dragged out to some obscene timeline.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, aus2tx said:

Aww, I appreciate the sad emotes. I just sent in our doc again with a letter basically saying 'Hey you're not telling us what we need and we've sent you what you've asked for so we can't provide you with the document you want and can provide it at the interview'

I will let you know how that goes... It's just so demeaning. 

So sorry to hear that. Glad youre still trying your best to reach out to NVC, hope they apptovr your docs soon. 🙂

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

12 hours ago, maryamkhan said:

"Should we 1) Mention that the taxes are pending ITIN on part 11: Additional Information of the i864, or just attach the 2019 tax form/W2 and move on?

Also 2) should we attach w2 from previous years (I know previous years are optional!) With the previous year tax transcripts or just the tax transcripts enough?

Thanks in advance for all you do!"

- W2 are only necessary if you filled jointly that specific year.

- Not sure if I understand your first question correctly, but you can't upload the 2019 tax transcripts and the W2 in one document. If you have the 2019 tax transcript, upload only that form and upload the W2 in the additional doc section.

We did:

I864

Explanation letter that we don't have 2019 yet, but will provide it with during the interview. (since its not July 15th yet, 2018 should be enough)

Additional docs:

Transcripts 2016/2017/2018 Beneficiary

Make sure that all documents are uploaded separated, don't create 1 file with all the documents. 

Feb 14 2019: Send I-130(a)
Feb 19 2019: Delivered

Feb 21 2019: Received NOA1 assigned to Nebraska Service Center

Oct 2 2019: Send I-129F

Oct 7th 2019: Delivered

Oct: 11th 2019: Received NOA1

March 30th 2020: I-130 Approved 

April 13th 2020: Case received by the NVC

May 1st 2020: NVC Welcome email received

May 1st 2020: Paid Bills, processed on May 5th 2020

May 15th 2020: First initial submission

May 26th 2020: Final submission

June 1st 2020: DQ NVC

Waiting for interview letter..

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
11 hours ago, Hilde said:

Does anyone know how I can get a tax transcript for the 2019 taxes? I believe the IRS is not providing them at this moment bc of COVID. So I'm wondering which info I should bring to the interview. Which btw is not even scheduled - but you know... getting all ends covered.

we cant download ours either.

I sent this form Friday https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf to see if maybe I can get it processed and if not at least its in line for whenever they start sending them out.               

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, CxP said:

Put me in the same boat with the pending AOS fee.  I submitted payment on May 20, and still waiting.  Payment has been withdrawn from my bank as well.

Am with u.. I paid on May 19th and still waiting.. am beyond frustrated.. I have called several times 😡😡😡

5 hours ago, MarlinCobon said:

we cant download ours either.

I sent this form Friday https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf to see if maybe I can get it processed and if not at least its in line for whenever they start sending them out.               

We had no issues doing tax returns + W2s in lieu of transcripts

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
9 minutes ago, aus2tx said:

We had no issues doing tax returns + W2s in lieu of transcripts

Yes should not be an issue to submit to NVC but he is asking for the interview, which in most countries tax transcripts is required. Ex. Guatemala will not accept tax returns+ w2s you are required to bring tax transcripts + w2s.  

4 minutes ago, MarlinCobon said:

Yes should not be an issue to submit to NVC but he is asking for the interview, which in most countries tax transcripts is required. Ex. Guatemala will not accept tax returns+ w2s you are required to bring tax transcripts + w2s.  

womp I missed that. Thanks!

So... my spouse, a Vietnamese citizen, resided in China about a decade ago for about 7 months.  And now the CEAC portal is requesting a Police Certificate from Vietnam and China.  I think the China police certificate was requested in error. 

I spoke with a few NVC reps over the phone, and they all seem to think that police certificate is required for any country you resided in for more than 6 months.

However, according the State Dept webpage, I don't think we need to produce a police certificate from China:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html

Based on our understanding, she does not have to submit a police certificate because China is not her current residence nor is her nationality Chinese. 

There is a third criteria: if you lived in another country for more than 12 months, regardless of nationality/current residence, you have to submit a police certificate for that country. 

However, she does not fit any of these criteria so we are confused as to why it's being requested.  The reps I spoke with advised us to write a letter to argue our case. 

So we submitted a letter in lieu of the China police certificate, and also explained that even if she is required to obtain it, she does not have the necessary documents China requires since it's been so long since she lived there.  Not to mention the current COVID-19 situation.

Hopefully, they will accept our explanation.

17 hours ago, Hilde said:

I tried but I live abroad and something happens with their system that it doesn't recognize international addresses... I called the IRS and they informed me that they're not mailing anything out bc of COVID... so not sure what to do. I could always bring the signed tax documents? But not sure if they'll accept that.

Find a CPA in the USA (call them, email them, or just have a friend contact one of them). Fill out an IRS form 2848 for the CPA, and assuming your taxes were filed and accepted, the CPA can get your transcripts through a secure folder. Start to finish from the lawyer having the 2848 and getting your transcripts is about 3 days

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, CxP said:

So... my spouse, a Vietnamese citizen, resided in China about a decade ago for about 7 months.  And now the CEAC portal is requesting a Police Certificate from Vietnam and China.  I think the China police certificate was requested in error. 

I spoke with a few NVC reps over the phone, and they all seem to think that police certificate is required for any country you resided in for more than 6 months.

However, according the State Dept webpage, I don't think we need to produce a police certificate from China:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html

Based on our understanding, she does not have to submit a police certificate because China is not her current residence nor is her nationality Chinese. 

There is a third criteria: if you lived in another country for more than 12 months, regardless of nationality/current residence, you have to submit a police certificate for that country. 

However, she does not fit any of these criteria so we are confused as to why it's being requested.  The reps I spoke with advised us to write a letter to argue our case. 

So we submitted a letter in lieu of the China police certificate, and also explained that even if she is required to obtain it, she does not have the necessary documents China requires since it's been so long since she lived there.  Not to mention the current COVID-19 situation.

Hopefully, they will accept our explanation.

The system seems to automatically generate a folder for each country listed in Previous Addresses, regardless of how long you say you lived there. We had a similar situation with an address in another country where my spouse only resided for a few months. We simply put a note in that section that according to the link you referenced above, that we didn't have to provide a Police Certificate for that country. Our case was DQd without any issues.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Biola said:

Hello guys, 

We finally finished submitting everything today. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Can someone tell me what DQ means and what we should be looking out for now after submission? All our documents currently show a status of submitted. 

DQ means "Documentarily Qualified" and basically you are looking out for an email from NVC that tells you that that all the documents have been approved. After you receive that email, if you look at your account, you will see that the "Submitted" status for each file has changed to "Accepted". This of course assumes that all your documents were approved the first time -- if you have any issues, you may find that some documents are marked Accepted and others need to be resubmitted.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.