dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2020

621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 6/3/2020 at 3:17 PM, Zeitzen said:

Got our approval today!

Capture.thumb.PNG.1fb1942bcef334bde016e971836713de.PNG

Sent all documents to NVC on 2020-05-20, got an email 2 days ago regarding my police records being wrong, submitted them again explaining that that was the only thing I could get (Argentina's consulate website had a step by step guide on how to get it, and even that was outdated) and just got our approval email!

There's one thing I don't understand though, the email says "NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in BUENOS AIRES, ARG to schedule an interview appointment for you", but everywhere I've seen it says I should be the one requesting the appointment, did this procedure change?

Thanks!

Read the email once you receive you interview date and see what it says especially for Argentina. Because in Brazil they schedule our interview but we still have to create an account on the AIS US visa website and schedule it/ “confirm” the same date they gave us. It’s wierd. Just check for your specific country. 🤙🏻

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Kyle and Rita said:

I'm in the same boat. Talked to a supervisor on the phone every day since June 1st,  and submitted my account transcript showing the fees were taken out. I was told today that a supervisor inquiry can take upto 6 weeks, and that I can't do anymore, I need to be patient, and that calling more won't help anything. 

Same here 😡😡😡 paid since 5/19... sent my inquiry nothing yet 😒😒

I just paid my AOS Fee and am getting this same message of course.   Maybe I should wait until paying the IV fee until they fix this little bug?

The site is terrible it seems every time I just try to go back to the fee screen or anything (not using my browsers back button but their buttons) it just logs me out completely.  Gonna be fun!

On 6/3/2020 at 3:20 AM, CGs_Mother said:

It's not just me (or us):

This is from 5 minutes ago. I guess we're all stuck right now, those of us with the AOS IN PROCESS status. ☹️

received_243142236974619.jpeg

Also just got this while submitting my AOS fee.  But wouldn't everyone getting this?  And just some people actually get impacted? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ncornejo7 said:

OMG, this must be so annoying ! 

It’s beyond frustrating and annoying.. I sent them three emails.. every time I call they all sing the same old song.. we r working on it 😡😡

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
14 hours ago, Ncornejo7 said:

I emailed the embassy yesterday and got this response. Screenshot_20200604-113157_Gmail.thumb.jpg.707c7427a269e9a16054c55f7ae7ffaf.jpg

Awesome, I don't know when your wife's interview will be but don't go nowhere after it, you have to let us know what they asked for and everything that happened lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, cbro said:

Also just got this while submitting my AOS fee.  But wouldn't everyone getting this?  And just some people actually get impacted? 

Well, the NVC is only supposed to take 3 business days to process the payments. We submitted ours on May 20, 2020, they took they payment out of our account on May 21, 2020 and they did not change our status to PAID until June 2, 2020, after two (2) registered complaints. Given that the NVC will absolutely not process any documents until the AOS is filed, and given that you cannot upload the AOS until the fee has a status of PAID, it becomes a big deal having a nearly three-week delay, especially when people who paid after you can upload their documents and get a DQ while you're still waiting for a status to change, and you feel like you're the only one stuck in that position. If it wasn't for VJ, I'd have no idea there were a bunch of us. So we all call, and they put up this status so at least all of us who are stuck know they're working on it, and we know they are taking our calls seriously. Most people were told to upload screen shots and email them in or to "just wait". That is extremely frustrating. I hope your fees are processed in a timely manner and you don't have to go through this. Ask all of us who did and/or are going through the wait. It's excruciating. 

Timeline
18 hours ago, carolyne said:

i am also going through this my  AOS payment was made on 5/22 and is still pending .i sent them an inquiry but haven't heard back. 

That's the same as my friend who isn't on VJ. They are still waiting. I'm so sorry. Wait until Saturday (I know that's strange but our IV fees were updated on a Saturday morning) and then if they haven't changed, call EARLY on  Monday morning and ask about your query. **fingers crossed** foryou.

4 minutes ago, CGs_Mother said:

Well, the NVC is only supposed to take 3 business days to process the payments. We submitted ours on May 20, 2020, they took they payment out of our account on May 21, 2020 and they did not change our status to PAID until June 2, 2020, after two (2) registered complaints. Given that the NVC will absolutely not process any documents until the AOS is filed, and given that you cannot upload the AOS until the fee has a status of PAID, it becomes a big deal having a nearly three-week delay, especially when people who paid after you can upload their documents and get a DQ while you're still waiting for a status to change, and you feel like you're the only one stuck in that position. If it wasn't for VJ, I'd have no idea there were a bunch of us. So we all call, and they put up this status so at least all of us who are stuck know they're working on it, and we know they are taking our calls seriously. Most people were told to upload screen shots and email them in or to "just wait". That is extremely frustrating. I hope your fees are processed in a timely manner and you don't have to go through this. Ask all of us who did and/or are going through the wait. It's excruciating. 

How does one make a registered complaint? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, DeParaquedasBrasi said:

Read the email once you receive you interview date and see what it says especially for Argentina. Because in Brazil they schedule our interview but we still have to create an account on the AIS US visa website and schedule it/ “confirm” the same date they gave us. It’s wierd. Just check for your specific country. 🤙🏻

Wasn´t aware of this. Thanks for pointing that out! 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Kyle and Rita said:

How does one make a registered complaint? 

You can call 603-334-0700 (and if you call, call EARLY on a Monday or LATE on a Friday - they are open from 7AM - midnight EDT Monday - Friday), or you can go to https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html and complete the form, including screen shots of the issues (very important - they will not respond to queries that don't have screen shots), and submit. The submit function will confirm your request has gone through. If you hit "submit" and the screen appears not to refresh, then it hasn't gone through (this is important because when they are busy the screen will either hang or will act as if it's not responding). If you do have trouble submitting your query, try a different browser (do NOT use Firefox because it doesn't work. When I called NVC, the guy on the phone told me to use IE and I laughed, but he was right!). Hope this helps.

18 minutes ago, CGs_Mother said:

You can call 603-334-0700 (and if you call, call EARLY on a Monday or LATE on a Friday - they are open from 7AM - midnight EDT Monday - Friday), or you can go to https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html and complete the form, including screen shots of the issues (very important - they will not respond to queries that don't have screen shots), and submit. The submit function will confirm your request has gone through. If you hit "submit" and the screen appears not to refresh, then it hasn't gone through (this is important because when they are busy the screen will either hang or will act as if it's not responding). If you do have trouble submitting your query, try a different browser (do NOT use Firefox because it doesn't work. When I called NVC, the guy on the phone told me to use IE and I laughed, but he was right!). Hope this helps.

I've emailed them 4x with the screenshot and the scan of the bank transcript showing payment was made. I've called and spoken to a supervisor 3x, so far nothing. This is all starting 5/29 and continuing until today.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.