dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview July 2020

564 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Could anyone explain how it works when medical results are sent after the interview? 

I understand we would get administrative processing after interview and also the clinic promised it would send the results the same day as I have interview but it is still afterwards, is there a way to know you visa is accepted or should I just wait for passport delivery?

I-130
Sent: 12/10/2018 
Delivered: 12/12/2018
NOA1: 12/12/2018 (LIN)

NOA2:  09/25/2019

Sent to NVC: 10/07/2019

Case number assigned and received: 11/05/2019

Fees paid: 11/07/2019

IV changes to paid: 11/12/2019

AOS changed to paid: 11/20/2019 (after calling NVC)

DQ 02/27/2020

Interview: 06/30/2020

Approved: 07/02/2020 (Medical exam delay)

Visa received: 07/10/2020

I-129f

Sent: 08/30/2019

NOA1: 09/03/2019(LIN)

NOA2 denied 09/25/2019

19 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Now I’m very confused. What are you going to find out at the Airport? You are traveling on a tourist visa, correct? Or do you already have an immigrant visa and I misread everything? Without the immigrant visa you cannot migrate to the US but I assume that’s clear :)

We would be told if we would qualify for expedite while we are at the airport as it takes about 2 business days to get a response from the embassy correct?

we were going to go to the states so the family could see our newborn (not so newborn anymore now!) before my husband would be sent off on his next rotation (56+ days) now that we finally managed to get out of scotland. We dont know how long it will be to our interview and we wanted his family to get the chance to know him too. We would be coming back on august 4th- but now with possibility of expedite we might not go at all 🤷‍♀️

edit: obviously the rotation isn’t going to happen now

Edited by AarLar

I was just thinking, can you even combine financial hardship and assets? That seems a bit odd? On one hand you are saying, we experience Financial hardship for Paying for 2 houses/lifes and on the other hand you have enough money/assets to qualify for assets based greencard? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
3 hours ago, AarLar said:

We would be told if we would qualify for expedite while we are at the airport as it takes about 2 business days to get a response from the embassy correct?

I believe it depends on the embassy. I’ve seen people wait 2 days, but also 10 days to hear back.

2 hours ago, AarLar said:

I was just thinking, can you even combine financial hardship and assets? That seems a bit odd? On one hand you are saying, we experience Financial hardship for Paying for 2 houses/lifes and on the other hand you have enough money/assets to qualify for assets based greencard? 

Not at all. First, the two are not related. Assets (or income) are for the I-864 to show that the petitioner is eligible to sponsor the applicant(s).

Financial hardship is the result of unplanned changes in your life, in which you have been living in one household for a while and we’re planning to keep this setup with a move to the US all at the same time. The job loss and resulting departure (why departure? Is the visa tied to the job he lost?) would result in 2 households which is financially harder.

6 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

I believe it depends on the embassy. I’ve seen people wait 2 days, but also 10 days to hear back.

Not at all. First, the two are not related. Assets (or income) are for the I-864 to show that the petitioner is eligible to sponsor the applicant(s).

Financial hardship is the result of unplanned changes in your life, in which you have been living in one household for a while and we’re planning to keep this setup with a move to the US all at the same time. The job loss and resulting departure (why departure? Is the visa tied to the job he lost?) would result in 2 households which is financially harder.

I guess that makes sense :). 

He has to leave because he doesn’t speak dutch and doesnt hold any degrees which makes finding a job here nearly impossible. He never worked here in the first place, we just live here 🙈. So yeah, currently the visa is tied to the job he lost, but we Just now come to the conclusion we can do asset based as well. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sinka13 said:

Could anyone explain how it works when medical results are sent after the interview? 

I understand we would get administrative processing after interview and also the clinic promised it would send the results the same day as I have interview but it is still afterwards, is there a way to know you visa is accepted or should I just wait for passport delivery?

You can check the status on the CEAC visa tracker: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Please don't worry if you see REFUSED this means Administrative Processing. Just turn in the necessary, keep checking with medical center and embassy. Best wishes!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
19 minutes ago, AarLar said:

He has to leave because he doesn’t speak dutch and doesnt hold any degrees which makes finding a job here nearly impossible. He never worked here in the first place, we just live here 🙈. So yeah, currently the visa is tied to the job he lost, but we Just now come to the conclusion we can do asset based as well. 

Please make sure your assets are 3x the salary requirements/125% of the poverty level. They don't count assets the same as salary.

Definitely try expedite-- covid conditions are different for everyone. Your situation may merit an expedite but it is the embassy that decides. 

21 minutes ago, AarLar said:

Hey! Just my two cents. My understanding is that you both live in a European country in which  neither of you are citizens and that you are a USC (non-dual with Europe). If anything is different, my advice might differ. 

We used assets only to qualify (I moved to Europe as well to wait out the process). 

if you’re relying on savings (liquid cash), you’ll have to show account(s) balances for 12 months. We made an excel of the accounts balance at the end of each month in the previous year, and calculated the average monthly balance. They wont accept screen shots of the latest account balance. 

With respect to real estate, you’ll have to hire a licensed appraiser and deduct (and show proof of) current mortgage balance(s).

With that info, they finally approved ours.

Remember that the consular officer has discretion at the interview so if you’re relying on assets, bring everything possible. A one-time screen shot of savings, 401ks, IRA balances, or a print out from the county’s property appraiser won’t do it. After all, anyone could make a contribution to those accounts 10 days before you present the info. That’s what they’re trying to avoid. 

Also keep in mind that (very soon-Monday) the EU will vote to ban American travelers into the EU after July 1. You said your husband lost the visa tied to his job. Unless you hold dual citizenship, it’s likely you won’t be allowed back in. And he may not be allowed back into that country. For example, I’m Italian-American and we’re afraid that if I leave to visit home (the US), Spain will tell me to eat dirt and they will only let me fly back to Italy. Intra Schengen travel is still at risk. US-EU travel for non EU citizens will likely be impossible after July 1. 

Finally,  if an applicant loses residence in the country of interview (and he’s not a citizen there) you’ll have to request a change of embassy and it would delay your process significantly (or lie to the consular officer about your residency being lost- not recommended). That alone is basis for a reasonable expedite. I would try that excuse. 

Best of luck! 

50 minutes ago, MS&JA said:

Hey! Just my two cents. My understanding is that you both live in a European country in which  neither of you are citizens and that you are a USC (non-dual with Europe). If anything is different, my advice might differ. 

We used assets only to qualify (I moved to Europe as well to wait out the process). 

if you’re relying on savings (liquid cash), you’ll have to show account(s) balances for 12 months. We made an excel of the accounts balance at the end of each month in the previous year, and calculated the average monthly balance. They wont accept screen shots of the latest account balance. 

With respect to real estate, you’ll have to hire a licensed appraiser and deduct (and show proof of) current mortgage balance(s).

With that info, they finally approved ours.

Remember that the consular officer has discretion at the interview so if you’re relying on assets, bring everything possible. A one-time screen shot of savings, 401ks, IRA balances, or a print out from the county’s property appraiser won’t do it. After all, anyone could make a contribution to those accounts 10 days before you present the info. That’s what they’re trying to avoid. 

Also keep in mind that (very soon-Monday) the EU will vote to ban American travelers into the EU after July 1. You said your husband lost the visa tied to his job. Unless you hold dual citizenship, it’s likely you won’t be allowed back in. And he may not be allowed back into that country. For example, I’m Italian-American and we’re afraid that if I leave to visit home (the US), Spain will tell me to eat dirt and they will only let me fly back to Italy. Intra Schengen travel is still at risk. US-EU travel for non EU citizens will likely be impossible after July 1. 

Finally,  if an applicant loses residence in the country of interview (and he’s not a citizen there) you’ll have to request a change of embassy and it would delay your process significantly (or lie to the consular officer about your residency being lost- not recommended). That alone is basis for a reasonable expedite. I would try that excuse. 

Best of luck! 

Was your original application asset based?  Unfortunately i just sent the email, but my husbands 401k alone should be sufficient and I have added an older statement as well as a current statement. I am actually the applicant (dutch, living in netherlands) and my husband is american, but holds A dutch residency card.  

I guess i misread/misspoke, but His visa does not depend on the job :)

i guess we’ll just see what happens now! :)

Edited by AarLar

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 hours ago, Sinka13 said:

The CO will tell you at the end of your interview if you are approved or not.  They will ask for your passport and hold on to it until all the paperwork is complete.  At least, that was the case for my wife's fiance visa.

14 hours ago, two_black_cats said:

Thanks for the info! We have also received an interview letter. Have our interview scheduled on July 28th. 

Have they asked you for your vaccination records?

Hello,

When did you receive the interview letter?

Timeline
2 hours ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

The CO will tell you at the end of your interview if you are approved or not.  They will ask for your passport and hold on to it until all the paperwork is complete.  At least, that was the case for my wife's fiance visa.

Hello,

When did you receive the interview letter?

Thanks for the info!  

We got an email on the 22nd with appointment date july 28 . DQ May 15th

Timeline
9 hours ago, Sinka13 said:

Yes, they check you immunization card and tell you if you need to do any extra vaccinations, you can do that pretty much same day in the clinic I recall they told someone that but only after 4pm and that didn't work for them. 

Also you would need to pass measles titre test so make sure to have measles vaccine done before it. Mine turned out negative so I needed to send them the certificate about newly received vaccine I did this Thursday or I could do it in their clinic if I was from Kyiv. Still waiting on what medical result would be.

Thanks. 

How was your travel to Kiev, no problems?

Timeline

Hello - my husband just received an approval from the NVC and embassy for an expedite - now that we are waiting for an interview, will we go into the que with everyone waiting since March or will we be given priority? Would an emergency interview be allowed with the expedite approval? We had already received DQ in February. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Free123 said:

Hello - my husband just received an approval from the NVC and embassy for an expedite - now that we are waiting for an interview, will we go into the que with everyone waiting since March or will we be given priority? Would an emergency interview be allowed with the expedite approval? We had already received DQ in February. Thanks!

What are your reasons for expediting your papers?thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.