186 posts in this topic

On 9/16/2020 at 3:15 AM, RaulR92 said:

My I130 got approved!!! I moved into a new house and had USCIS change my address and two days later my i130 was approved! It took a little less than 6 months to get approved. Filed March 20th and was approved September 8th! 

Our PD was March 31st and approved on September 14th - can't believe it took less than 6 months! 

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
1 minute ago, familybasedvisa12 said:

Our I-130 was approved on September 14th, 2020 - our PD was March 31st, 2020. 

I didn't receive an email - I logged into the USCIS account and saw that it said "Case Closed" - I had to click into "Documents" to see the I-130 Approval Notice.

Congratulations 🎈🎉 

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

6 hours ago, familybasedvisa12 said:

Our I-130 was approved on September 14th, 2020 - our PD was March 31st, 2020. 

I didn't receive an email - I logged into the USCIS account and saw that it said "Case Closed" - I had to click into "Documents" to see the I-130 Approval Notice.

Congratulations!!! 🥳🥳🥳

Hi everyone - just want to update that I received the NVC welcome letter (email) with NVC case number today 21/09/2020, exactly one week after I-130 approval 14/09/2020. 

The email went to both of our emails. As a reminder, I did not receive any communication from USCIS. I had to log in to discover that the case was approved. 

Edited by familybasedvisa12

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
11 minutes ago, familybasedvisa12 said:

Hi everyone - just want to update that I received the NVC welcome letter (email) with NVC case number today 21/09/2020, exactly one week after I-130 approval 14/09/2020. 

The email went to both of our emails. As a reminder, I did not receive any communication from USCIS. I had to log in to discover that the case was approved. 

Congrats!! So nice to know that the wheels are still turning during the pandemic...I just filed our I-130 last week 😅

USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I submitted my I-130 form on late Feb and received NOA1 in March 2020. And still  waiting for the NOV2, anyone same with me or already has received NOV2? Waiting is frustrateddddddd . 

Edited by Choi0810
Wrong spelling

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

That was pretty normal in pre COVID times. Can you please create your timeline and profile on this website? Many questions And answers will be relevant to your visa, where you are in the process and your country. Thank you 🙂

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Go to the Spouse Visa progress tracking forum and join the Feb 2020 or March 2020 filers post.  You can read those posts and see who have gotten approved and who are still waiting.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone! Today my husband found out our case was transferred from Texas to Vermont... horrible news seeing as the processing time is showing 22-28 months.  Our PD is March 12. We were expecting to be getting our approval by the end of this month. He had called to verify we were at Texas maybe a month ago and they confirmed we were. But today they wouldn't tell him the date of the transfer to Vermont which seems odd. They didn't notify us of the transfer either. Has this happened to anyone else? It looks like on here people are getting approved from Vermont SC but the processing time being so extreme is really hard to see especially with the border restrictions. Our lawyer said this SOMETIMES means our case is closer to being worked on. The last "touch" on our account shows July 14. Has this happened to anyone else?? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, katelynns said:

Hi everyone! Today my husband found out our case was transferred from Texas to Vermont... horrible news seeing as the processing time is showing 22-28 months.  Our PD is March 12. We were expecting to be getting our approval by the end of this month. He had called to verify we were at Texas maybe a month ago and they confirmed we were. But today they wouldn't tell him the date of the transfer to Vermont which seems odd. They didn't notify us of the transfer either. Has this happened to anyone else? It looks like on here people are getting approved from Vermont SC but the processing time being so extreme is really hard to see especially with the border restrictions. Our lawyer said this SOMETIMES means our case is closer to being worked on. The last "touch" on our account shows July 14. Has this happened to anyone else?? 

That's unfortunate to hear, my PD is the day before yours, I have a touch from May 11th, nothing more, I'll have to try contacting them tomorrow to see if the same has happened to me.

Sometimes people get lucky and as soon as they're transferred they get approved, hoping that's the case.

You'll probably want to check this thread.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
13 hours ago, katelynns said:

I connected to a rep via chat, they told me Texas. I hope it's still the case, these 1st level reps often just have general information.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Babu Frik said:

I connected to a rep via chat, they told me Texas. I hope it's still the case, these 1st level reps often just have general information.

We contacted via chat too, I’m hoping the rep was mistaken or something it seems weird that they wouldn’t disclose the date of the transfer. It takes so long to call in but I think we’re gonna try again next week and see what they say. I hope it was an error and we are still in Texas and I hope you are too! If you are you should be getting an approval soon I hope :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.