Allovertheworld

No good deal on flights from USA to Philippines

92 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, codyfitzsimmons said:

I have researched this subject to death, figuratively speaking. As my Fiance and I haven't seen each other in 6 months and I actually am willing to endure the self paid 14 day quarantine at a government approved facility if that is what it takes. However, there is no "Foreign Nationals" allowed in the country, all visa's issuance have been stopped and this includes those from "visa free countries" such as the US, the only Foreigners allowed into the philippines will be those as stated in the link listed above and pasted here again "They include foreign spouses and children of Filipinos as well as holders of visas earlier issued to accredited foreign governments and international organization officials. Dependents of foreign officials will also be allowed in the country." so unless you have a wife/husband/legal child/parent/ etc... or you are a diplomat/dignitary then for the rest of us the travel ban is still in effect. Additionally there is no visa/travel ban, end date, such as was referenced above i.e. Jun 1st, in fact it the Visa stop and travel ban was instituted on March 22 (I believe) and is defined as Temporary and indefinite, meaning that it is not permanent but that there is no defined outline, i.e. it will end when and if the Philippine Gov. decides it will end. Unfortunately, sorry to burst any bubbles. But if anyone does here any thing about a change, please let me know as I'll be on the first flight lol

I'm in the same position. I am supposed to spend my anniversary together with my wife in July but it isn't looking good. It's really hard to predict anything because things change so much from week to week. The reason I mentioned the beginning of June is because my wife says the government will discuss the covid situation then. We all need to stay positive and be strong for our loved ones who are waiting.

59 minutes ago, payxibka said:

My wife has already concluded that it will be 2021 before we will be able to go

It's looking that way but I'm hoping with isolation and PPE to help control the virus travel might open up in 4 or 5 months. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, dnavinnie said:

I'm in the same position. I am supposed to spend my anniversary together with my wife in July but it isn't looking good. It's really hard to predict anything because things change so much from week to week. The reason I mentioned the beginning of June is because my wife says the government will discuss the covid situation then. We all need to stay positive and be strong for our loved ones who are waiting.

Yeah, for those with spouses it may be possible in the future, lets hope. For the rest it is a waiting game. I hope you the best in the next change of situation there. But yeah also as you stated they seem to change their mind hourly, it is very hard to figure out. Good luck!

2 hours ago, payxibka said:

My wife has already concluded that it will be 2021 before we will be able to go

Same. I think she may even travel back alone the first time. We will see if things loosen up over the next 8-12 months. I'm not wearing a deep sea diving suit on a 15 hour flight. Not happening.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, boris64 said:

Same. I think she may even travel back alone the first time. We will see if things loosen up over the next 8-12 months. I'm not wearing a deep sea diving suit on a 15 hour flight. Not happening.

Where's your sense of adventure.   Medical scrubs, gown, mask, face shield and gloves.   Nobody will be in the middle seat!!!

YMMV

53 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Where's your sense of adventure.   Medical scrubs, gown, mask, face shield and gloves.   Nobody will be in the middle seat!!!

Full flight to Dallas the other day from AZ.  Flight attendants and a dozen  passengers wearing masks.  I did manage to look at the folks in economy  and almost every middle seat was full.   Anything over 15 minutes and you better have your own oxygen tank if you are the worrying type.  

Starting June 1 we will all have to wear masks on American Airlines and at the Phoenix Airport.  I've buying subtly offensive ones off of Etsy to be prepared. 

But I'm glad packing gloves, masks and surgical gowns in my carry on is now "acceptable".  Too bad I have to check my "tools".

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

2 hours ago, boris64 said:

Same. I think she may even travel back alone the first time. We will see if things loosen up over the next 8-12 months. I'm not wearing a deep sea diving suit on a 

Oh come on...we can chose the same flight. I'm sure we have many stories to share! Hahahaha

"President Rodrigo Duterte is expected to make a decision this week on whether or not Metro Manila and other high-risk areas of COVID-19 transmission will shift to more relaxed general community quarantine."

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2020/05/26/2016654/covid-19-cases-philippines-climb-14669-deaths-886?utm_campaign=COVID-19 14 669 cases&utm_content=&utm_medium=push_notifications&utm_source=izooto&utm_term=

Metro Manila mayors agree to recommend shift to GCQ on June 1

Read more: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1281301/ncr-mayors-agree-to-shift-to-gcq-on-june-1#ixzz6NYL1OZUz
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

I don't know exactly what that mean, if people from other parts of the country can travel there or not.  I guess they are slowly opening back up Manila.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

Metro Manila mayors agree to recommend shift to GCQ on June 1

Read more: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1281301/ncr-mayors-agree-to-shift-to-gcq-on-june-1#ixzz6NYL1OZUz
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

I don't know exactly what that mean, if people from other parts of the country can travel there or not.  I guess they are slowly opening back up Manila.

Still no word on opening up inter island ferries or flights.   Could here more info over the next few days 

YMMV

Timeline
On 5/23/2020 at 9:28 AM, payxibka said:

I just watched the interview with the COO of PAL.  He said that until Manila and Cebu arw no longer under ECQ or MECQ, they will use Davao as the international arrival airport 

I would say local international using smaller planes. You actually have to go to the end of the runway and do a 180 of off to the side to line up for take off. 

Timeline
On 5/24/2020 at 2:54 PM, Allovertheworld said:

Dallas, Texas

I would like only one layover and stay on same airline or at least a travel partner.

I usually take American to Japan and then to Manila, and have taken Delta a few times but usually I have to go to either Detroit or Atlanta from DFW and then onto Japan and then Manila.

I am open to Korean air, I just won't fly on any plane that land in China or has China in it's name

I am in Dallas too. Used to do American through HK, but Korean Air is a much more pleasant airline. Both fly the 777-300ER. American is 10 across and Korean Air is 9 Across. Seats are wider and better leg room. Also no grandma flight attendants. 

27 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

I am in Dallas too. Used to do American through HK, but Korean Air is a much more pleasant airline. Both fly the 777-300ER. American is 10 across and Korean Air is 9 Across. Seats are wider and better leg room. Also no grandma flight attendants. 

Good to know, and will put Korean air on my high list next time I book.  Grandma Flight Attendants, That is Classic...

Timeline
1 hour ago, Commish10 said:

I would say local international using smaller planes. You actually have to go to the end of the runway and do a 180 of off to the side to line up for take off. 

Only so small you can go before they are no longer mission capable and is totally dependent on existing aircraft.   Davao runway is almost 10,000 ft so that should be long enough for most everything PAL has

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.