Allovertheworld

No good deal on flights from USA to Philippines

92 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

Good to know, and will put Korean air on my high list next time I book.  Grandma Flight Attendants, That is Classic...

4 hours ago, Commish10 said:

I am in Dallas too. Used to do American through HK, but Korean Air is a much more pleasant airline. Both fly the 777-300ER. American is 10 across and Korean Air is 9 Across. Seats are wider and better leg room. Also no grandma flight attendants. 

This is one of the biggest reasons why I flow the Gulf airlines as much as possible. I have had a really bad experience on United one time flying into Kuwait and from a Grandma flight attendant. I will fly Cathay Pacific next time we are  going back because they have a flight from NYC to HK then on to Davao. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

This is one of the biggest reasons why I flow the Gulf airlines as much as possible. I have had a really bad experience on United one time flying into Kuwait and from a Grandma flight attendant. I will fly Cathay Pacific next time we are  going back because they have a flight from NYC to HK then on to Davao. 

Yes. That’s a Cathay Dragon flight. It’s only once a day so make sure you can synch them up properly. 

On 5/25/2020 at 1:23 PM, dnavinnie said:

I'm in the same position. I am supposed to spend my anniversary together with my wife in July but it isn't looking good. It's really hard to predict anything because things change so much from week to week. The reason I mentioned the beginning of June is because my wife says the government will discuss the covid situation then. We all need to stay positive and be strong for our loved ones who are waiting.

This whole thing was ridiculous for not at least letting foreigners go back to see their spouses, etc.  Even as a foreigner with children in the Philippines they were not letting you go back.  Missed my son b-day cause of this.  But that was the mentality that I endured for 10 years there and couldn't any longer which is why we made the decision to leave and go back to the US.  

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Just now, payxibka said:

Spouses of Filipinos are allowed in

I have heard otherwise as well that's why I decided to cancel my flights for July. 

21 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

Yes. That’s a Cathay Dragon flight. It’s only once a day so make sure you can synch them up properly. 

Yeah it definitely lined up well with a flight schedule from NC. RDU to NYC, NYC to HK, and HK to DVO. Which is still shorter and less routes than most of the other airlines, not to mention we don't have to go through Manila

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I have heard otherwise as well that's why I decided to cancel my flights for July. 

Entry restriction exemptions

• Philippine citizens and their foreign spouse/children (including permanent residents, holders of a Recognition certificate and RA9225 Identification certificate) are permitted to enter – however must undergo a 14-day home quarantine on arrival
  • Passengers travelling on a diplomatic passport may travel – however will be subject to a 14-day quarantine on arrival

YMMV

31 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Entry restriction exemptions

• Philippine citizens and their foreign spouse/children (including permanent residents, holders of a Recognition certificate and RA9225 Identification certificate) are permitted to enter – however must undergo a 14-day home quarantine on arrival
  • Passengers travelling on a diplomatic passport may travel – however will be subject to a 14-day quarantine on arrival

Yeah and when you only have 3 1/2 weeks that eats up the time

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Yeah and when you only have 3 1/2 weeks that eats up the time

Your decision to not go was not because you weren't allowed in but about the quarantine.   Important difference 

YMMV

Timeline

I had the following PAL flights cancelled or changed;

May 26th; LAX to CEBU.  CANCELLED

June 23rd Rebooked, LAX to CEBU.  CHANGED

New Flight; LAX to Manila, June 24th,  Manila to Cebu June 26th

Flight is currently Unchanged, however I was told by PAL that I will be subject to a Rapid Test in Manila and quarantined for 5 days until the test results come back, all at my expense.. If negative, I will be allowed to fly to Cebu, but must self quarantine for 14 days, but the booking does not reflect that, I need to call them again. :angry:

It's very likely I will need to re-book AGAIN,  I thought of taking the voucher but that would be a mistake, since prices have greatly increased for the remainder of the year,  By re-booking, there is NO air difference fee,  With a voucher, I'd be paying the higher price, which is over $500 more what I originally paid. :no:

3 hours ago, nykolos said:

I had the following PAL flights cancelled or changed;

May 26th; LAX to CEBU.  CANCELLED

June 23rd Rebooked, LAX to CEBU.  CHANGED

New Flight; LAX to Manila, June 24th,  Manila to Cebu June 26th

Flight is currently Unchanged, however I was told by PAL that I will be subject to a Rapid Test in Manila and quarantined for 5 days until the test results come back, all at my expense.. If negative, I will be allowed to fly to Cebu, but must self quarantine for 14 days, but the booking does not reflect that, I need to call them again. :angry:

It's very likely I will need to re-book AGAIN,  I thought of taking the voucher but that would be a mistake, since prices have greatly increased for the remainder of the year,  By re-booking, there is NO air difference fee,  With a voucher, I'd be paying the higher price, which is over $500 more what I originally paid. :no:

Correct on Vouchers.

I am set to fly to Manila late August, But I will not go if I have to quarantine period.

Timeline
11 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

I am set to fly to Manila late August, But I will not go if I have to quarantine period.

My thoughts exactly..  If I re-book, it will be in late August as well.. Where are you flying out of?

Timeline
6 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

Dallas Texas

If you're flying on PAL, then you must be stopping in LA.. I already decided to re-book the last week in August, Let's hope this quarantine BS is over with by then.

Here's the updated Quarantine Procedures in the Philippines as of now;

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/aboutus/newsandevents/advisory-covid19-11may20-58

Edited by nykolos

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.