Allovertheworld

No good deal on flights from USA to Philippines

92 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, payxibka said:

Really?  Under what context?  What constitutes major issues?   The US would kill for the PI numbers 

Referring to complete lockdown by the government. 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

Referring to complete lockdown by the government. 

What about it?  Do you have boots on the ground?  Information that we who have family in country dont have?

YMMV

6 minutes ago, payxibka said:

What about it?  Do you have boots on the ground?  Information that we who have family in country dont have?

5 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

With a complete lockdown the economy should tail spin, Hopefully the US dollar will go up even more against the Peso. 

Do you have family there? What is your knowledge of the situation over there?  

No. I don't have boots on the ground. Going off of news and forums like these.

I also don't have boots on the ground in other countries and states in the US, or businesses and companies to know of an impact.

But if there isn't any issue with the response to Covid19 in the Philippines, then let me know.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
1 minute ago, Unlockable said:

No. I don't have boots on the ground. Going off of news and forums like these.

I also don't have boots on the ground in other countries and states in the US, or businesses and companies to know of an impact.

But if there isn't any issue with the response to Covid19 in the Philippines, then let me know.

The news?  Loose canon posters?

Too early to tell, everything is opening back up except for three regions.  If you actually took the time to watch the recent videos,  you would conclude that everything appears to be almost back to normal (traffic levels,  shops reopened, etc.).  

YMMV

7 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

I want to go there for the nightlife and beaches and cheap accomodations

That stuff is happening in the PI?  I thought it was in lockdown.

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I think "freelance" park is still closed

YMMV

8 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

It opening up now in most places. 

Usually airlines will let you book up to one year in advance, So I wanted to book a few trips.  

My March and June trip were cancelled, I have on scheduled for August which I hope will happen.  I was going to book a couple more.  

15 hours ago, payxibka said:

I just watched the interview with the COO of PAL.  He said that until Manila and Cebu arw no longer under ECQ or MECQ, they will use Davao as the international arrival airport 

I just checked and got updated with my "boots on the ground"

Davao is still under ECQ and have a curfew of 9pm till 5 am.

Edited by Allovertheworld

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

My fiance said DVO is under GCQ.  Correct on the curfew times.  Still fairly restricted though, no one allowed outside during daylight hours on Sunday, except for frontliners.  Mon-Sat, only allowed outside with a FM pass (food and medicine).

Timeline
5 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

Yes, but june 1 will potentially bring change 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/23/2020 at 12:26 AM, Allovertheworld said:

I am seeing cheap air deals on travel within the USA, but as of now nothing on International Flights.

Prices seem to be about the same, any one seen any smoking deals on flights from USA to Philippines?  

Where is your starting point? From where in USA? 

On 5/23/2020 at 10:28 AM, payxibka said:

I just watched the interview with the COO of PAL.  He said that until Manila and Cebu arw no longer under ECQ or MECQ, they will use Davao as the international arrival airport 

Cebu is still experiencing virus hot spots. My flight to Cebu in June just got cancelled. My wife is on Mindanao which has cities just starting to open up. The jeepneys are allowed to run now but people are restricted to 2 days a week and time curfew in the cities. As I educate my wife about the virus (such as a 2 week lag possible between infection and symtoms) she tells me most people don't understand why the precautions are in place. BTW...the restrictions are being enforced by the police and military. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, dnavinnie said:

Cebu is still experiencing virus hot spots. My flight to Cebu in June just got cancelled. My wife is on Mindanao which has cities just starting to open up. The jeepneys are allowed to run now but people are restricted to 2 days a week and time curfew in the cities. As I educate my wife about the virus (such as a 2 week lag possible between infection and symtoms) she tells me most people don't understand why the precautions are in place. BTW...the restrictions are being enforced by the police and military. 

Cebu city and mandaue are still ECQ.   How were you getting from cebu to mindanao?  Ferries aren't yet operational 

Filipinos aren't the only ones who don't understand 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.