Allovertheworld

No good deal on flights from USA to Philippines

92 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, nykolos said:

If you're flying on PAL, then you must be stopping in LA.. I already decided to re-book the last week in August, Let's hope this quarantine BS is over with by then.

Here's the updated Quarantine Procedures in the Philippines as of now;

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/aboutus/newsandevents/advisory-covid19-11may20-58

No PAL for me they only go to a couple cities in California and JFK in New York.  I only fly AA with flight partner Japan Airlines, or Delta or maybe even Korean air. 

I want to be with the same company or at least a travel partner in case I miss a flight or they cancel the flight which has happened to me a few times already.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I suggest we all keep looking for new or information that the travel restrictions will end or loosen up. I'm sure for a lot of us, myself included, even IF we could be allowed in as a foreign visitor, a 14 day quarantine period really kills the available time we are able to stay in the country with our PH fiance or fiancee. 

I try to look for new information regularly but not seeing a lot currently. Much has been said of the direct health impact potential of Covid-19 which can be severe. However, the impact of the quarantines around the world should not be overlooked either by governments. The economic loss due to shutdowns on families can lead to their own health impacts including inability to afford food, healthcare and basic living necessities not to mention social abuses like increased consumption of alcohol and spousal abuses/conflicts.

No one can really say when one situation is worse than the other. My hope is the PH government moves along with releasing travel restrictions and letting their economy start returning to normal with the abundant tourism it so richly enjoys and allowing all of us wishing to see our loved ones to travel there with manageable precautions in place.  

Timeline

Besides finding deals...better check to be sure they are even accepting foreign travelers. Last time I checked Phils immigration had all but shut down any foreign visitors (unless you're an OFWk or spouse of a citizen, and this subject to mandatory quarantine). So although you might be able to get a ticket there isn't guarantee you'll be able leave immigration services upon arrival. Or, those cheap accommodations you so desire might look like the inside of a quarantine facility...

2 hours ago, nenanaman said:

Besides finding deals...better check to be sure they are even accepting foreign travelers. Last time I checked Phils immigration had all but shut down any foreign visitors (unless you're an OFWk or spouse of a citizen, and this subject to mandatory quarantine). So although you might be able to get a ticket there isn't guarantee you'll be able leave immigration services upon arrival. Or, those cheap accommodations you so desire might look like the inside of a quarantine facility...

Yes, as of foreigner I would be allowed to travel to Philippines under the current rules.

What PAL is doing is getting clearance from Immigrations for  in Manila before taking off from USA for each American on the plane.  So you don't get stuck in Philippines and have to head back home.  

As I have stated no way I would go to Philippines if any quarantine is in place.  I will just sit back and let the PI economy burn down and let my US dollar go much farther when I do go back, this time I might stay 3 to 6 months if the price is right. 

Edited by Allovertheworld

11 hours ago, jameyj said:

I suggest we all keep looking for new or information that the travel restrictions will end or loosen up. I'm sure for a lot of us, myself included, even IF we could be allowed in as a foreign visitor, a 14 day quarantine period really kills the available time we are able to stay in the country with our PH fiance or fiancee. 

I try to look for new information regularly but not seeing a lot currently. Much has been said of the direct health impact potential of Covid-19 which can be severe. However, the impact of the quarantines around the world should not be overlooked either by governments. The economic loss due to shutdowns on families can lead to their own health impacts including inability to afford food, healthcare and basic living necessities not to mention social abuses like increased consumption of alcohol and spousal abuses/conflicts.

No one can really say when one situation is worse than the other. My hope is the PH government moves along with releasing travel restrictions and letting their economy start returning to normal with the abundant tourism it so richly enjoys and allowing all of us wishing to see our loved ones to travel there with manageable precautions in place.  

Many large cites have most of their citizens under house arrest.  Age 21 and under and 60 and older are not allowed to leave their house, been that way for going on 3 month now.  

To add insult to injury many cities have had a liquor ban as well

Timeline
12 hours ago, jameyj said:

a 14 day quarantine period really kills the available time we are able to stay in the country with our PH fiance or fiancee. 

The quarantine period actually kills ALL tourism..  If the Philippine Government doesn't see the numbers declining here in the US and other parts of the world, I don't see them lifting the current restrictions.

As for our flight bookings, as long as the airlines allows us to re-book without penalty or air difference fee, may as well take advantage of it. 

5 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

As I have stated no way I would go to Philippines if any quarantine is in place.  I will just sit back and let the PI economy burn down and let my US dollar go much farther when I do go back, this time I might stay 3 to 6 months if the price is right. 

How many people have to suffer for your good time?

Finally done.

Timeline

I was on the phone with PAL today, I ended up converting my June 26th flight to voucher, they wanted to charge me the air difference fee if I re-booked again, which is BS.. Bottom line is, we don't know when the quarantine is going to end, it could last into next year for all we know and Duarte doesn't seem to be in any hurry in allowing foreign travelers in.... I checked flights that are 2 months out and you can still find a deal, + I got 10% added on.. + the voucher provides more flexibility, allowing me to book after this quarantine BS is lifted, and not having to worry about my upcoming flight... 

If you want to re-book, request a refund or opt for the voucher, remember that it must be done at least 7 days before your flight..

3 minutes ago, nykolos said:

I was on the phone with PAL today, I ended up converting my June 26th flight to voucher, they wanted to charge me the air difference fee if I re-booked again, which is BS.. Bottom line is, we don't know when the quarantine is going to end, it could last into next year for all we know and Duarte doesn't seem to be in any hurry in allowing foreign travelers in.... I checked flights that are 2 months out and you can still find a deal, + I got 10% added on.. + the voucher provides more flexibility, allowing me to book after this quarantine BS is lifted, and not having to worry about my upcoming flight... 

If you want to re-book, request a refund or opt for the voucher, remember that it must be done at least 7 days before your flight..

What do you have to do use a voucher for PAL?   That may be a pain.  I know American Airlines you either have to book directly in the airport or make a reservation and mail the voucher and other information like you record locater to them and they will issue a ticket via email a few weeks later.  

Timeline
On 6/12/2020 at 12:07 AM, Allovertheworld said:

What do you have to do use a voucher for PAL?   That may be a pain.  I know American Airlines you either have to book directly in the airport or make a reservation and mail the voucher and other information like you record locater to them and they will issue a ticket via email a few weeks later.  

It's nothing like that, once you know the dates, you call PAL and you book your flight direct, I bought my ticket directly from the PAL site, no third party..  If you booked through a 3rd party, that's when theirs more red tape.. And if the air fare is more, she said they will find me a flight within the voucher credit, but I would need to be flexible of the dates, which I am...   

On another note, Refunds with PAL take forever, 90 banking is what they'll tell you, I requested a refund for my daughters ticket over 45 days ago, they told me that it was fully processed on their end and that I should call my bank, I did that and my bank suggested waiting another week, which I'm OK doing. 

9 hours ago, nykolos said:

It's nothing like that, once you know the dates, you call PAL and you book your flight direct, I bought my ticket directly from the PAL site, no third party..  If you booked through a 3rd party, that's when theirs more red tape.. And if the air fare is more, she said they will find me a flight within the voucher credit, but I would need to be flexible of the dates, which I am...   

That's good, I have used voucher numerous times with American Airlines, You have to go to airport directly to book or do it over phone and mail to a place in Florida and get your ticket by email about 2 to 3 weeks later.

My June 8th cancelled trip,  which was suppose to be my original flight of March 19th was used to buy ticket with a voucher, I still have not been refunded or given a new voucher, I did upgrade seats to emergency exit row that cost about 250 bucks, they refunded that couple weeks ago.  I suspect I am gong to have to call them and see if they will refund my voucher,  Website said still processing for trip cancellation, it's been 3 weeks now.

10 hours ago, nykolos said:

On another note, Refunds with PAL take forever, 90 banking is what they'll tell you, I requested a refund for my daughters ticket over 45 days ago, they told me that it was fully processed on their end and that I should call my bank, I did that and my bank suggested waiting another week, which I'm OK doing. 

It took about 30 days for us to get a refund in April/May.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Just now, Allovertheworld said:

On a voucher?

There is a place on here to "Check Your Refund Status" that is what I am using,

https://prefunds.aa.com/refunds/

We had to go through the site we bought the tickets from but the refund came directly from PAL. Had to submit a form online. Back then the phone lines were jammed.  The money just showed up in our account one day.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.