Allovertheworld

No good deal on flights from USA to Philippines

92 posts in this topic

I can't imagine there will be deals until the airline industry recovers from the unprecedented losses.  They are losing money now with 40% full flights.

15 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I can't imagine there will be deals until the airline industry recovers from the unprecedented losses.  They are losing money now with 40% full flights.

Domestic flights are dirt cheap right now.

Round trip from Dallas to Las Vegas is $50, just booked a ticket in September

1 minute ago, Allovertheworld said:

Domestic flights are dirt cheap right now.

Round trip from Dallas to Las Vegas is $50, just booked a ticket in September

Well then your screaming deal for that international flight must be right around the corner.

6 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Well then your screaming deal for that international flight must be right around the corner.

I haven't seen any price drop in international flights since all this quarantine (removed) started a few months ago.

Edited by Unlockable
Language

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

From New York to Manila - about $600 mid-September, mid-October, mid-November.  Those all seem like very good prices to me. (Used Kayak.com, with 3 day search window in each direction.)

Thank for for updating your timeline. (My Assistant, then edit/add my timeline.)
K1

*** Reminder that foul language is not to be used on this site. One post edited to remove violation

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

I agree with the others on forget trying to get the cheapest deal but the best flight to get your loved one here.

There is a reason why domestic flights are different than international. Other countries may have stricter guidelines. In fact, I'm seeing the PHL are having major issues with their response to Covid 19. So I wouldn't expect any major deals.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

4 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

I agree with the others on forget trying to get the cheapest deal but the best flight to get your loved one here.

What in the world are you talking about?

I am looking for bargain basement prices to book trips to Philippines.  I have no loved one to get here. I want to go there for the nightlife and beaches and cheap accomodations

22 minutes ago, Teachers said:

From New York to Manila - about $600 mid-September, mid-October, mid-November.  Those all seem like very good prices to me. (Used Kayak.com, with 3 day search window in each direction.)

I don't fly from New York I am looking at Delta Airlines, I will now check American Airlines.  So don't know if that a good deal.  In that time frame I can usually get around $750 to $950 flight DFW to Manila with only one stop in Japan.  I am hoping to get some rock bottom tickets booked. 

I always book directly with the airlines instead of a 3rd party due to the fact I get bumped or miss a flight they will put me up in nice hotel on their dime.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

There is a reason why domestic flights are different than international. Other countries may have stricter guidelines. In fact, I'm seeing the PHL are having major issues with their response to Covid 19. So I wouldn't expect any major deals.

Really?  Under what context?  What constitutes major issues?   The US would kill for the PI numbers 

YMMV

2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Really?  Under what context?  What constitutes major issues?   The US would kill for the PI numbers 

Philippines has knocked the virus in the head, they have done an outstanding job.  They may have shut the whole country down and crippled the economy, but they have done an outstanding job on the virus.

Major Issues? Now that's funny

42 minutes ago, Teachers said:

I just checked both Delta and American for that time frame,  Prices are about the same they have been the last few years.  I was hoping they would really lower once summer was over with in USA, but as of now that doesn't appear to be happening.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just watched the interview with the COO of PAL.  He said that until Manila and Cebu arw no longer under ECQ or MECQ, they will use Davao as the international arrival airport 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.