bradoony

Married on a Tourist Visa

162 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
14 minutes ago, bradoony said:

The 944 is also all of her information, correct? Because I'm starting that form now. At the beginning it doesn't say beneficiary of petitioner, but I am assuming that this form is for the beneficiary?

I assume so, but I sent my application right before I-944 was enacted as a requirement, so I wouldn't be able to tell you for sure.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Hijack posts and replies to said posts removed.~~~

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
On 5/20/2020 at 11:26 AM, bradoony said:

I have to go do the medical exam somewhere near me and the doctor office said they need a vaccination report from her home country. Can we also translate the vaccination report and provide it to the doctors with that same for you just posted?

I had AOS in the end of last year and did a medical here in the USA and also in Bulgaria. Basically the civil surgeon will ask for 3 vaccines (or more depending on her age and if it's considered flu season) and you need to provide proof that she has them otherwise she would have to get them regardless that she may have gotten them already. If there's no proof she has to retake them. If you have insurance you can call and ask what vaccines are needed and take her to Walgreens/CVS or other place and get them before the doctor's visit. Make sure to ask for a paper so you can show it to the doctor. Also, call multiple places for the medical check and compare the cost. I was quoted $300-$2000 by different providers for the same thing.

Regarding the translation, check out the Bulgarian embassy's website, there's a list of translators. Reach out to a few, ask for rates and how much time it will take them to translate the docs. You can send everything via email. 

hey everbody, I am currently filled out the I-765 (work authorization). So I have a social security number, but it was only valid for my J1 work and travel. In the form, it is asking in the very beginning it is asking "reason for applying". Because I have used my social for work and travel purposes, should I select "Renewal of permission to accept employement"? Also, on number 14 it asks "Do you want the SSA to issue you a social security card", what should I select? Because do already have a social security number but its only valid during work and travel purposes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
21 minutes ago, bradoony said:

hey everbody, I am currently filled out the I-765 (work authorization). So I have a social security number, but it was only valid for my J1 work and travel. In the form, it is asking in the very beginning it is asking "reason for applying". Because I have used my social for work and travel purposes, should I select "Renewal of permission to accept employement"? Also, on number 14 it asks "Do you want the SSA to issue you a social security card", what should I select? Because do already have a social security number but its only valid during work and travel purposes.

If you have a SSN you do not need another.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

3 hours ago, bradoony said:

"Renewal of permission to accept employement"?

Select "Initial permission" as this is your first request for C09 category EAD.

3 hours ago, bradoony said:

"Do you want the SSA to issue you a social security card", what should I select?

Select "No." Your SSN would remain the same. Continue using the same SS card.

After I-485 (green card application) is approved you can request a card without DHS restriction wording.

Edited by HRQX

Im double checking my forms, and I'm trying to put "N/A" where there are empty boxes. I spoke to a USCIS rep. on the phone and they said to put N/A where empty boxes are. I am doing this on adobe and the file is locked in certain areas. So, when I try to put "N/A" in certain areas, it does not let me. Should just hand write N/A in all the forms after I print it out?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, bradoony said:

Im double checking my forms, and I'm trying to put "N/A" where there are empty boxes. I spoke to a USCIS rep. on the phone and they said to put N/A where empty boxes are. I am doing this on adobe and the file is locked in certain areas. So, when I try to put "N/A" in certain areas, it does not let me. Should just hand write N/A in all the forms after I print it out?

Adobe has a typewriter mode where you can "typewrite". Either that or Foxit PDF. I guess that handwriting would be ok, but we had the same issue and decided to be overly cautious and thus did the typewriter mode.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

8 minutes ago, ra0010 said:

Adobe has a typewriter mode where you can "typewrite". Either that or Foxit PDF. I guess that handwriting would be ok, but we had the same issue and decided to be overly cautious and thus did the typewriter mode.

hmmmmm. I can't find it. I am using Adobe Acrobat DC

Timeline
28 minutes ago, bradoony said:

hmmmmm. I can't find it. I am using Adobe Acrobat DC

Can you try with Foxit?

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Maybe it's silly what I am saying but can we just write NA? I am seeing that in some of the forms uploaded in VJ, they write NA in the empty boxes.

11 hours ago, juancarlos said:

Maybe it's silly what I am saying but can we just write NA? I am seeing that in some of the forms uploaded in VJ, they write NA in the empty boxes.

When I called USCIS they said empty box should say "N/A"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, bradoony said:

When I called USCIS they said empty box should say "N/A"

Thank you!

By the way, another silly question: are you guys filling them out in capital letters? In VJ is not very clear whether or not we should write in capital letters. Does this really matter? 

1 minute ago, juancarlos said:

Thank you!

By the way, another silly question: are you guys filling them out in capital letters? In VJ is not very clear whether or not we should write in capital letters. Does this really matter? 

i've been write like this "Testing one, two, three" or "John Smith"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.