1,215 posts in this topic

My husband and I received an email yesterday that our case was updated and to log in to CEAC. In the Inbox, the subject is 'CASE FE REVIEW', The message says 

NVC cannot review your submitted documents until we have received all of the required documents DS-260, Civil Documents and Financial Documents. Once these documents have been submitted, we will review your case. Please follow your CEAC Home page and nvc.state.gov/ceac.

We re-submitted the co-sponsor's W2 on Feb 28th (as we got RFE on Feb) and submitted my husband's Pay stubs and employment letter as additional documents on Feb 25th. It's still showing 'submitted".

Does anyone know what it means or got the same message?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
11 minutes ago, JC&PB said:

My husband and I received an email yesterday that our case was updated and to log in to CEAC. In the Inbox, the subject is 'CASE FE REVIEW', The message says 

We re-submitted the co-sponsor's W2 on Feb 28th (as we got RFE on Feb) and submitted my husband's Pay stubs and employment letter as additional documents on Feb 25th. It's still showing 'submitted".

Does anyone know what it means or got the same message?

Have you checked if all required civil and financial documents per your countries requirements have been submitted? I’d give them a call if everything has been uploaded 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, CHADHARY said:

I got 2 emails from NVC today. 1 email is about update of case status of immigration and direction to go to ceac website and log in to see messages.

2nd email states " Notice regarding your immigrant visa case becoming documentarily qualified"  In body of the email it says that "NVC has recieved all the forms  and docs required to attend interview at the embassy. NVC will work with the embassy to schedule an interview appointment for you. once we have confirmed an interview date we will send a notice to you, petitioner"

when i go check on ceac website ofc I cant open the message kept trying but it does not show. I tried different browsers still unable to read the message on ceac message inbox. it just states ' all documents have been received and approved" unable to open the entire message. on the home page where it use to say 'Submitted' now says 'Accepted'.

so I am just gonna take it as DQ since email said DQ.

First and only Submission : April 27th 2020 ( submitted everything in 3 days after getting CEAC log in. 3 days because it took 2 days to clear fees)

For AOS: I used I864EZ form and only 2019 tax return transcript that I got from IRS website online. did not attach anything with the transcript since Form instructions said not to. Only attached current year pay stubs from current jobs and under 'Current Income" i wrote what my pay stub totals ends up being by the end of this year.

For civil documents: I submitted marriage certificate. 2 affidavits stating that marriage took place ( basically 2 statements on official paper from people who attended the ceremony) police certificate was not required according to Travel State website so I took screenshot of that and uploaded that on there instead.  

Also I noticed that some of the 'Other Documents'  that i uploaded (pictures, police certificate, bio page of passport , birth certificate, ) has been moved under 'Required Documents'. So I assume that all these documents they gonna want to see at the interview in original form.

All I did was follow the instructions from the form and Travel state website  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-8-scan-collected-documents/step-9-upload-and-submit-scanned-documents.html

They have list of all countries and documents required from those countries. Just follow that. This where where I took the screenshot and uploaded it on CEAC for police certificate.

I tried to put as much as I could here so that if any of you have any questions they can find the answer. Sorry for long post, I just thought It might help answer few questions/ ease some stress.

Good luck to everyone, I am praying for you all.

Wow super fast, congrats! Also I wonder if this means that the NVC are working on weekends to catch up on workload a bit?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
7 minutes ago, JenIE said:

Wow super fast, congrats! Also I wonder if this means that the NVC are working on weekends to catch up on workload a bit?

Approvals on Saturdays are fairly normal, not recent :)

37 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Have you checked if all required civil and financial documents per your countries requirements have been submitted? I’d give them a call if everything has been uploaded 

Yes submitted and accepted on Dec 24. We received RFE on Feb 28 and they're only requesting for joint sponsor's W2. We submitted that on the same day.

I saw a lot of people who got DQ'ed on Feb submission and then we got this email saying they reviewed and freaked out when the subject is RFE but is not clear what document/s required. 

We called NVC and they told us everything seems fine and it's a system error but I feel like the lady on the phone was not sure at all! We will call again on Monday to talk to another agent and maybe he/she can help us, so frustrating!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 5/2/2020 at 4:08 AM, Andy & Val said:

Update!

Arrived the US January 24th 2020.

Received card today May 1st.

One less thing to worry about.

To all of you still wishing, hoping and praying, your turn will certainly come.

🙏.

Amen and Amen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello,

I have been reading that for some, NVC is now requiring W2's along with tax transcripts, yet others got DQ'd with just the transcripts.

Are the people who needed W2's based on a complex situation or have joint sponsors?   Our case is simple - just me and my spouse beneficiary, no children, no dependents, neither of us claimed as dependents.

We are planning to submit all documents on Monday.  I would like to know if I need to submit W2's for 2018 and 2017  - I am submitting my 1040 for 2019 along with W2, because that transcript is not yet available.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
1 hour ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Hello,

I have been reading that for some, NVC is now requiring W2's along with tax transcripts, yet others got DQ'd with just the transcripts.

Are the people who needed W2's based on a complex situation or have joint sponsors?   Our case is simple - just me and my spouse beneficiary, no children, no dependents, neither of us claimed as dependents.

We are planning to submit all documents on Monday.  I would like to know if I need to submit W2's for 2018 and 2017  - I am submitting my 1040 for 2019 along with W2, because that transcript is not yet available.

It depends on your situation. For example, my husband and I filed taxes jointly, so we had to submit the W2 for the most recent tax year and we also submitted the last three tax transcripts. So you have to see on the NVC website and I-864 instructions what you need to submit according to your situation :) 

Timeline

Hi everyone, 

For those who've filled out form DS 260, under the section work/education/training - additional: where it asks for countries you've travelled within the past years, is it for work/education travel they are referring? Or for tourism related travel? I'm assuming it's for work related travel. 

Hello everyone quick question.

when filling out the I-864, Part 5 about household size....Is it just me or where I would fill out my total household size it is already pre-filled with number 1?  When I download a fresh copy it’s already generated to have number 1 in my total household size? 

F7A9E4D6-F995-431D-9AE7-2DB537DDB0A8.png

Edited by NNN_BP

48 minutes ago, NNN_BP said:

when filling out the I-864, Part 5 about household size....Is it just me or where I would fill out my total household size it is already pre-filled with number 1?  When I download a fresh copy it’s already generated to have number 1 in my total household size? 

It is prefilled as it is already counting you as 1, so no worries. Hope that helps 

1 hour ago, NNN_BP said:

Its already prefilled with number 1 for you. Just continue adding the rest . Remember, to not count anyone twice. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.