RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Mackznie said:

How accurate is the flight aware app? My flight to MEX says its cancelled for tomorrow but on the KLM website it says no such thing.

So far it’s always been accurate for me and my brothers who’s a pilot recommended it. 
But just call the airline or check at the airport for “departures” to be 100%

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Chrisof94 said:

Would you happen to have the link?

https://www.mexperience.com/your-mexican-tourist-permit-fmm/

and you can also fill it out in advance!

https://www.inm.gob.mx/fmme/publico/en/solicitud.html

1 minute ago, jenny53 said:

So far it’s always been accurate for me and my brothers who’s a pilot recommended it. 
But just call the airline or check at the airport for “departures” to be 100%

Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mackznie said:

I'm seeing the same thing on the flight aware app but Google still shows it as scheduled. Now I'm nervous.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Chrisof94 said:

I'm seeing the same thing on the flight aware app but Google still shows it as scheduled. Now I'm nervous.

I would definitely follow up with KLM & ask but I talked to them on Whatspp & Twitter and they said the flight is still on schedule. But yes - we are also nervous. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mackznie said:

I would definitely follow up with KLM & ask but I talked to them on Whatspp & Twitter and they said the flight is still on schedule. But yes - we are also nervous. 

It doesn't appear like there would be any inclement weather that could cause cancellations so I'm hoping its good to go.

Timeline
On 6/29/2020 at 12:15 PM, Mackznie said:

Thanks! But just wanted to see if people generally filled this out before or just did it on the plane. 

I filled it out on the plane. I didn't have the address of my hotel and only wrote down the name of the hotel and the town (Tulum). They didn't care and hardly looked at it.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kaatje said:

I filled it out on the plane. I didn't have the address of my hotel and only wrote down the name of the hotel and the town (Tulum). They didn't care and hardly looked at it.

Oh! Dope! Thats great news, thank you!

Timeline

Looking for an update! Someone on our excel spreadsheet with the "covid-19 related travels" had a J1 visa and was traveling to Mexico today from LHR-AMS-MEX! Please let us know your update! ❤️ Hope you are safe!

Reading through parts of this has really made me feel less nervous. I plan to travel to Cancun Mexico from the UK, via Madrid, for 16 nights to them attempt entry to the USA on my H2A visa. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the Travels risk factors identification questionnaire? I read somewhere that this needs to be completed before boarding the flight to Mexico.

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone! I arrived in Belgrade last night!

This morning I went with my Airbnb host to the police about the foreigner registration thing, because they told her on the phone that just a picture of my passport wasn't enough, and when we got there they told her they didn't need my passport at all. So lots of misinformation clearly! Other than that everything went well, I did fly with KLM via Amsterdam but had no issues whatsoever. The weather is very warm but it's supposed to rain soon. I'm slightly paranoid about so many people not wearing masks (especially taxi drivers, 0 out of 3 so far wore one), but I'm planning to stay mainly indoors anyway. It was one of the most stressful journeys I've done (second time in my life I'm moving to another country, but the first time I'm moving to another country during pandemic!), but I'm very happy that the first part is done! Now to just wait... :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well is everybody was masked up and it was a big issue there, would not be an option to use it to fly to the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
8 hours ago, VioletM said:

Hi everyone! I arrived in Belgrade last night!

This morning I went with my Airbnb host to the police about the foreigner registration thing, because they told her on the phone that just a picture of my passport wasn't enough, and when we got there they told her they didn't need my passport at all. So lots of misinformation clearly! Other than that everything went well, I did fly with KLM via Amsterdam but had no issues whatsoever. The weather is very warm but it's supposed to rain soon. I'm slightly paranoid about so many people not wearing masks (especially taxi drivers, 0 out of 3 so far wore one), but I'm planning to stay mainly indoors anyway. It was one of the most stressful journeys I've done (second time in my life I'm moving to another country, but the first time I'm moving to another country during pandemic!), but I'm very happy that the first part is done! Now to just wait... :)

my fiancé (he’s from the UK) is in Belgrade and leaving Saturday morning for JFK. He said he’s been wearing masks in public and takes advantage of any hand sanitizer stores leave out. Be aware of bed bugs. He stayed in a hotel that was infested with bed bugs and got bit up pretty bad. Check your bed mattress on the seams and underneath. I don’t mean to sound gloom and doom, but bed bugs travel easily and chances are lots of hotels/air bnb have them. 

Hi all!

We are still halted at the interview stage for the K1 visa at the London Embassy. We desperately want to see each other, and before I book the flight I just want to hear thoughts on the situation!

So I am a US citizen and my fiance is a UK citizen since he lives in Northern Ireland with his family, which is where I would plan to isolate. I know the UK and Ireland are excluded from the EU's ban since they lie outside of the Schengen Area.

Would it be better for me to fly into Belfast or Dublin airport? Are there any issues with me flying into Dublin, getting picked up at the airport, and heading straight to his house in the UK to isolate - technically crossing country lines even though there is no border?

Also is there any proof I need to bring with me since only essential travel is still recommended? Has anyone successfully done this?

I appreciate the help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
3 hours ago, NanRob said:

Hi all!

We are still halted at the interview stage for the K1 visa at the London Embassy. We desperately want to see each other, and before I book the flight I just want to hear thoughts on the situation!

So I am a US citizen and my fiance is a UK citizen since he lives in Northern Ireland with his family, which is where I would plan to isolate. I know the UK and Ireland are excluded from the EU's ban since they lie outside of the Schengen Area.

Would it be better for me to fly into Belfast or Dublin airport? Are there any issues with me flying into Dublin, getting picked up at the airport, and heading straight to his house in the UK to isolate - technically crossing country lines even though there is no border?

Also is there any proof I need to bring with me since only essential travel is still recommended? Has anyone successfully done this?

I appreciate the help!

Edit: Sorry I thought you were planning on going from the UK to the US and said something innacurate! I can't help you but I wish you the best of luck!

Edited by Deoiel
Correction of information

4 hours ago, NanRob said:

Are there any issues with me flying into Dublin, getting picked up at the airport, and heading straight to his house in the UK to isolate - technically crossing country lines even though there is no border?

When someone transits via Dublin into the UK, they do so on a 90 day leave-to-enter issued by the Republic of Ireland. This allows the holder to move about the Common Travel Area. The leave-to-enter does not automatically become a six-month UK leave-to-enter by crossing a border. Regardless of where they are the person becomes an overstayer on the 91st day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.