RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, jsmith2020 said:

Have any US citizens had any success on entering any neighboring countries of Serbia? The ones I'm considering traveling to are Croatia, Romania, Bulgaria, North Macedonia, Kosovo, and Montenegro. I read that Bosnia and Herzegovina isn't allowing Americans to enter.

Thanks

I'm a US citizen in Serbia now. Have been here for the past two weeks and am flying to JFK with my fiancee tomorrow morning. I did some research on the countries bordering Serbia early in my trip because I thought it might be cool to travel somewhere else during the two weeks, but everything I read indicated that US citizens couldn't enter.  The only one I wasn't sure about was Kosovo. Don't think I ever found conclusive evidence that I wouldn't be allowed in. Apparently, Serbia still doesn't consider Kosovo to be a separate country and the border situation is kinda weird. However, I read that car rental companies wouldn't let you take a Serbian rental car into Kosovo (I think because cars with Serbian plates aren't treated very nice in Kosovo), so I just gave up on the Kosovo idea. I believe there are buses that will take you across the border, but I wasn't interested in crowded public transport right now. 

2 minutes ago, devonydan said:

I'm a US citizen in Serbia now. Have been here for the past two weeks and am flying to JFK with my fiancee tomorrow morning. I did some research on the countries bordering Serbia early in my trip because I thought it might be cool to travel somewhere else during the two weeks, but everything I read indicated that US citizens couldn't enter.  The only one I wasn't sure about was Kosovo. Don't think I ever found conclusive evidence that I wouldn't be allowed in. Apparently, Serbia still doesn't consider Kosovo to be a separate country and the border situation is kinda weird. However, I read that car rental companies wouldn't let you take a Serbian rental car into Kosovo (I think because cars with Serbian plates aren't treated very nice in Kosovo), so I just gave up on the Kosovo idea. I believe there are buses that will take you across the border, but I wasn't interested in crowded public transport right now. 

Thank you for your input! It seems that travel is very restricted for people from America at the moment. The only border that is open at the moment is Croatia but now I'm thinking that in 2 weeks, we should enjoy everything that Serbia has to offer. 

All the best on your travels tomorrow and Congratulations!!!

1 minute ago, jsmith2020 said:

Thank you for your input! It seems that travel is very restricted for people from America at the moment. The only border that is open at the moment is Croatia but now I'm thinking that in 2 weeks, we should enjoy everything that Serbia has to offer. 

All the best on your travels tomorrow and Congratulations!!!

Thanks!

Can US citizens enter Croatia now? I thought it was only open to EU. Also, I was remembering and I don't think I ever checked the restrictions for North Macedonia so maybe that could be an option. 

28 minutes ago, devonydan said:

Thanks!

Can US citizens enter Croatia now? I thought it was only open to EU. Also, I was remembering and I don't think I ever checked the restrictions for North Macedonia so maybe that could be an option. 

Yes! US citizens can enter Croatia. You're right, North Macedonia is also an option. It may also be possible to enter Montenegro because travel from Serbia to Montenegro is allowed but last thing I'd need is to be stopped at the border for trying. Has anyone here driven across Montenegro?

8 hours ago, jsmith2020 said:

Yes! US citizens can enter Croatia. You're right, North Macedonia is also an option. It may also be possible to enter Montenegro because travel from Serbia to Montenegro is allowed but last thing I'd need is to be stopped at the border for trying. Has anyone here driven across Montenegro?

Entry into Montenegro is not allowed. I checked with the US Embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

My fiancé (UK) made it into New York on July 4 from Serbia with no issues! He said customs didn’t even do a temp check or health questionnaire. They just glanced at his visa packet and asked if he was going to marry me within 90 days. He stayed overnight in a hotel and then flew into Detroit yesterday morning. He said an airport security guard greeted him at the gate when they landed and said “here’s the lucky guy!” We can only assume they were alerted by JFK that a K1 visa holder was coming into Michigan. I’m so glad we did this.

I read recently that Serbia is going back on lockdown due to a large jump in cases. If you’re in Serbia now, keep yourself safe because Belgrade has 80% of covid cases! My fiancé wore a mask everywhere he went even though no one else did. He stayed away from people as much as he could. 
Anyways, I’m so relieved he made it. I haven’t seen him in 7 months!

Hi! Looking for some advice:

I want to enter the United States July 31. F-1 student traveling from the Netherlands. My initial plan was to leave to Serbia on July 16 and take a direct flight out of Serbia to New York. However, with COVID cases rising again, I don’t know what would be the best option now.

I plan to spend my two weeks inside, but am worried about potential lockdowns or borders closing. Could anybody advice me on what my best options country-wise would be now? Turkey, Serbia, another country? As I have noted that cases in Turkey have also been rising! Thank you in advance, having read the comments on this thread has been very encouraging. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Flying to the Newcastle today and next week we will be in Serbia for two weeks. Safe travel to all.

Edited by AB UK US
Updated place of travel

Does anybody know if Aruba falls under the proclamation? Has anybody from a Schengen country been able to enter through Aruba successfully? 

I have a Dutch passport and there are direct flights to Aruba and from Aruba to the U.S. But I wonder if they will include the oversea territory and not allow me to enter, particularly in combination with my Dutch citizenship. 

1 hour ago, blueberry1999 said:

But I wonder if they will include the oversea territory and not allow me to enter

In my opinion, Aruba is risky since the proclamation didn't differentiate: "For purposes of this proclamation, the Schengen Area comprises 26 European states: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland." We've been discussing the proclamation's wording in the other thread:

8 minutes ago, HRQX said:

In my opinion, Aruba is risky since the proclamation didn't differentiate: "For purposes of this proclamation, the Schengen Area comprises 26 European states: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland." We've been discussing the proclamation's wording in the other thread:

I would think it's safe because it isn't part of Schengen.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.