RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I entered Serbia yesterday direct from London Heathrow. Zero questions asked at London and only a few asked on arrival to Serbia (what is purpose of visit, have I booked accommodation in advance). 

Before booking I checked with the US Embassy in Belgrade and AirSerbia if arriving on Wednesday 8th and departing on Wednesday 22nd going to JFK would be okay. They both said those plans would work and fit the requirements. The embassy replied via email super quick.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
6 hours ago, GlizNov said:

I entered Serbia yesterday direct from London Heathrow. Zero questions asked at London and only a few asked on arrival to Serbia (what is purpose of visit, have I booked accommodation in advance). 

Before booking I checked with the US Embassy in Belgrade and AirSerbia if arriving on Wednesday 8th and departing on Wednesday 22nd going to JFK would be okay. They both said those plans would work and fit the requirements. The embassy replied via email super quick.

Hi there! May I know what you replied to the Serbian officers? Here for tourism? Im flying to Belgrade next Monday!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Ririwoo37 said:

Hi there! May I know what you replied to the Serbian officers? Here for tourism? Im flying to Belgrade next Monday!

I told them I was here for a holiday and then going to US afterwards. That was fine with them and she stamped my passport. When asked about my accommodation, I offered to show my Airbnb reservation details but she didn't need it. Hopefully this helps. Wishing you all the best :)

Hi all. My partner (who’s in the US) and I (in London) have been following this thread throughout lockdown. It’s been reassuring seeing others going through the same thing as us.

We’ve now given up on the immigration situation in the US changing for the better any time soon so have finally booked to meet and stay in Cancun for 2 weeks, before (hopefully) moving on to the USA together once I’ve been out of London over 14 days.

I was wondering if anyone who has attempted this route recently have any specific tips? Extra paperwork/guidelines to print out/prepare in order to show at customs etc? Any advice appreciated!

On 7/7/2020 at 11:33 AM, jsmith2020 said:

I would think it's safe because it isn't part of Schengen.

When I was about to book tickets to JFK I called the CBP preclearance here in Aruba to check and they told me I can't travel from Aruba because Aruba is included in the ban as a part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 hours ago, jsmith2020 said:

Can someone send me a fun itinerary for 14 days around Serbia please :D 

Well, if you follow my fun itinerary you will stay in your accommodation for 14 days and get fat. Honestly, I don't think this is a time for "fun holidays in Serbia". The pandemic is rampant, there are protests all over the country... I mean, to each their own, but I certainly couldn't/can't enjoy myself under these circumstances. Plus, the virus situation here is bad, the less you travel around the better for you and anyone you come into contact with. I am here out of the absolute necessity, and I just hope that I can last another week without my flights getting cancelled/travel disruptions. I got affected by Trump's travel ban back in March, I was supposed to start work in April, so I am absolutely desperate to get to the US because I'm going completely broke. 

Situation is serious. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. But I understand that every person has a different limit of what they are and aren't comfortable with. So you do you. But whatever you do, remain vigilant, responsible and safe. 

10 hours ago, jsmith2020 said:

Can someone send me a fun itinerary for 14 days around Serbia please :D 

We didn’t really have an itinerary, since we are staying in Belgrade, but we did visit the Museum of Illusion and the Ethnographic Museum here in Belgrade. Both where super empty (like one other person there) so it’s really save. You have to wear your mask. We also just went on a lot of walks in parks etc. and never used public transport or anything. One day we also went to the zoo (a lot of mosquitoes though and the cages are tiny).

11 minutes ago, VioletM said:

Well, if you follow my fun itinerary you will stay in your accommodation for 14 days and get fat. Honestly, I don't think this is a time for "fun holidays in Serbia". The pandemic is rampant, there are protests all over the country... I mean, to each their own, but I certainly couldn't/can't enjoy myself under these circumstances. Plus, the virus situation here is bad, the less you travel around the better for you and anyone you come into contact with. I am here out of the absolute necessity, and I just hope that I can last another week without my flights getting cancelled/travel disruptions. I got affected by Trump's travel ban back in March, I was supposed to start work in April, so I am absolutely desperate to get to the US because I'm going completely broke. 

Situation is serious. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. But I understand that every person has a different limit of what they are and aren't comfortable with. So you do you. But whatever you do, remain vigilant, responsible and safe. 

Good luck Violet - stay confident, stay calm. I'm sure all will be just fine for you in the end, it's just such an ordeal for you to go through in real time. Remember the whole of this thread is behind you, rooting for you, and that there are many success stories to draw strength from, even if circumstances are shifting. X

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 7/9/2020 at 1:11 PM, Flux Capacitor said:

We’ve now given up on the immigration situation in the US changing for the better any time soon so have finally booked to meet and stay in Cancun for 2 weeks, before (hopefully) moving on to the USA together once I’ve been out of London over 14 days.

K-1?  CR-1?  You cannot enter the US as a non-immigrant with the intent to stay (except for a K-1).

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.