TBoneTX

The Time has Come for some Answers about the Coronavirus Pandemic

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Article cites specific figures from Italy and NYC that are hard to find in one place, and author analyzes them.

The Time has Come for some Answers about the Coronavirus Pandemic

by Steve McCann - April 4, 2020

[...] The CDC claims that this virus is extraordinarily contagious; how much of a threat to spread the virus to others are those who are asymptomatic (have the virus but report no symptoms) yet are still contagious?

Since the Chinese Communist Party has refused to fully share their actual experience with the world, including the death toll, one has to turn to other sources.  There are presently two primary sources that can be analyzed: Italy and New York City.

As of April 1, 2020, Italy [...]

Continues here: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/04/the_time_has_come_for_some_answers_about_the_coronavirus_pandemic.html  

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Contrary to the authors claim, Italy's healthcare system was ranked 2nd in the world by the WHO, and their smoking rate is below many of the European and Asian countries mentioned. Not sure why the author got the idea that it's the worst health care system in Europe and full of unhealthy smokers. Seems like a poor attempt at a circular argument.

Wasn't worth reading any further after those two glaring misrepresentations.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

37 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Italy's healthcare system was ranked 2nd in the world by the WHO

lol

Thank's for your contributions. What ranking system did you use. Italy seems to be in or near the top 10 on the ones I can find.

Do you have a good ranking from one of your gaslighting sites that supports the article?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Thank's for your contributions. What ranking system did you use. Italy seems to be in or near the top 10 on the ones I can find.

Do you have a good ranking from one of your gaslighting sites that supports the article?

Do you have a better organization than the WHO that provided rankings?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Just now, Dashinka said:

Do you have a better organization than the WHO that provided rankings?

Pick one you like and post. You would have to decide for yourself which ranking you like best. As I said Italy generally ranks high enough that we won't need to quibble over where they are. 

Ostensibly, many rankings are tied to quality of life and longevity. There is a reason Italy has one of the oldest population in the world. Unfortunately it doesn't help them with the current situation where old people are at such a skewed risk of getting severe illness. They have more people getting very ill and requiring intensive care for the very reason that more people actually made it to such an advance age. 

No doubt, you'll also see some countries with very poor infrastructure and low median population ages may come through with far less severe effects. That won't be an indicator of having a good health care system either.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

What about the NYC analysis?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

42 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

What about the NYC analysis?

Same thing we've been talking about since day 1. The death rate is not static. If people are not social distancing and too many people get the illness at the same time, the healthcare system is overwhelmed and many more of those serious/critical cases become deaths instead of recovered. That happened in both Italy and in NYC.

People doing these analysis can't just completely detach from the fact that this is a pandemic disease to which we have no immunity. You can't analyze the statistics the same way you do last years flu season. This is much more fluid. We can mitigate it or we can allow it to get worse and the range of numbers changes drastically. 

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

Same thing we've been talking about since day 1. The death rate is not static. If people are not social distancing and too many people get the illness at the same time, the healthcare system is overwhelmed and many more of those serious/critical cases become deaths instead of recovered. That happened in both Italy and in NYC.

People doing these analysis can't just completely detach from the fact that this is a pandemic disease to which we have no immunity. You can't analyze the statistics the same way you do last years flu season. This is much more fluid. We can mitigate it or we can allow it to get worse and the range of numbers changes drastically. 

If NY is overwhelmed by an extra 3500 deaths in a few weeks, then there is a lot larger problem than covid-19 which lurks.  

There are SOOOO many people that have had this virus that have not been tested that all these numbers we're getting are skewed.  My friend tried 3 times to get tested and developed pneumonia but yet a celebrity can get tested twice?  Dont come to the hospital until you fall over walking across a bedroom? (A normal 10ft one, not some gigantic one) People were already suffering from this in Jan and Feb in the USA.  Our numbers are off. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Timeline
31 minutes ago, NikLR said:

There are SOOOO many people that have had this virus that have not been tested that all these numbers we're getting are skewed.  My friend tried 3 times to get tested and developed pneumonia but yet a celebrity can get tested twice?  Dont come to the hospital until you fall over walking across a bedroom? (A normal 10ft one, not some gigantic one) People were already suffering from this in Jan and Feb in the USA.  Our numbers are off. 

Nailed it!!!

1 hour ago, NikLR said:

Yep, and before people talk about this being because the US "for profit" healthcare, this very thing is going on in Canada too, so clearly a universal healthcare system doesn't change rich people getting special treatment.

4 hours ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Yep, and before people talk about this being because the US "for profit" healthcare, this very thing is going on in Canada too, so clearly a universal healthcare system doesn't change rich people getting special treatment.

I don't know about testing in Canada. But at least in Canada do you dont have to pay out of pocket for treatment.

I think for profit healthcare is stupid.  I had a friend who submitted herself so she didn't commit suicide. Now she owes them 17k for 72 hours. She has health insurance too.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss