2,698 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 4/4/2020 at 10:59 AM, ecuatorianos2018 said:

No one has made an April post yet. We’re planning on filing next week. Good luck to everyone here. Double check the dates on all forms and make sure you follow the new requirements since they changed as of February 24, 2020.

AOS Checklist

• Cover Letter listing Table of Contents
  • (Check Payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security - $1,225.00)

Form I-485 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Form G-1145 
  • Form I-944 (Declaration of Self-Sufficiency) (required as of February 24, 2020)
  • Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • Copy of NOA2 Approval letter (from K1 process) 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of beneficiary's Birth Certificate 
  • translation of birth certificate (if needed)
  • Certified copy of Marriage License 
  • Passport Photos (2) name written on the back 
  • Copy of DS-3025 

Form I-864 (completed and signed by USC) (goes with form I-485)

• Proof of USC's citizenship (copy of birth certificate, copy of passport bio page, or other)
  • 2018, 2017 (optional), and 2016 (optional) Tax Return (with W-2) or Transcripts
  • Employment Verification letter (updated one - not the one used during K1 process) 
  • Paystubs (last 3 months) 

Form I-765 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of NOA2 (from K1 process) 

Form I-131 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • I-94 

Thank you so much @ecuatorianos2018 for putting this check list together! It is very helpful. I'm in the processing of getting the forms filed out and getting all my documents together. Do you have to have 2 passport photos for Form I-765 and I-131 too? So a total of 6 Passport photos for Form I-485, I-765, and I-131.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Just wanted to update on my case :

04/22 : Case sent

04/24 : Case received

05/20 : Texts from USCIS with my case number received. 

As of today, our check still hasn't been cashed yet but I'm not worried now.

Good luck everyone ! 

4 hours ago, Justin & Sara said:

No one has made an April post yet. We’re planning on filing next week. Good luck to everyone here. Double check the dates on all forms and make sure you follow the new requirements since they changed as of February 24, 2020.

AOS Checklist

• Cover Letter listing Table of Contents
  • (Check Payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security - $1,225.00)

Form I-485 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Form G-1145 
  • Form I-944 (Declaration of Self-Sufficiency) (required as of February 24, 2020)
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • Copy of NOA2 Approval letter (from K1 process) 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of beneficiary's Birth Certificate 
  • translation of birth certificate (if needed)
  • Certified copy of Marriage License 
  • Copy of DS-3025 

Form I-864 (completed and signed by USC) (goes with form I-485)

• Proof of USC's citizenship (copy of birth certificate, copy of passport bio page, or other)
  • 2018, 2017 (optional), and 2016 (optional) Tax Return (with W-2) or Transcripts
  • Employment Verification letter (updated one - not the one used during K1 process) 
  • Paystubs (last 3 months) 

Form I-765 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• I-94 

Form I-131 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • I-94 

Hi all, 

I am here on a K1 visa and myself and my wife are filing our AOS package this weekend. 

Correct me if i'm wrong please, but for the I-864 form, if the sponsor (my wife) has already proven her US citizenship with the I-129F form, she doesn't need to provide proof again with this form? And you don't have to submit paystubs right? 

Many Thanks

Edited by SeanDowney0309

1 minute ago, SeanDowney0309 said:

Hi all, 

I am here on a K1 visa and myself and my wife are filing our AOS package this weekend. 

Correct me if i'm wrong please, but for the I-864 form, if the sponsor (my wife) has already proven her US citizenship with the I-129F form, she doesn't need to provide proof again with this form? And you don't have to submit paystubs right? 

Many Thanks

You'll need to submit proof of citizenship again. Submit paystubs as well.

We sent in the response to our RFIE yesterday. Found out that for birth certificates from Ecuador, they want the government seals printed on the back side. We copied everything on two separate pages. This time it's on the same page. lol hopefully this works!

Make sure you follow very carefully the country specific requirements for documents on the visa reciprocity page before submitting AOS!!!!! 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html

Edited by ecuatorianos2018

2 minutes ago, ecuatorianos2018 said:

You'll need to submit proof of citizenship again. Submit paystubs as well.

Hmm, 

On the official instructions for the I-864 form it says:

Petitioning relatives who have already filed proof of their citizenship or immigration status with Form I-129F, Form I-130, Form I-600, or Form I-600A do not need to submit proof of their status with this affidavit.

In regards to paystubs it says: 

You may also provide pay stubs showing your income for the previous six months

3 minutes ago, SeanDowney0309 said:

Hmm, 

Petitioning relatives who have already filed proof of their citizenship or immigration status with Form I-129F, Form I-130, Form I-600, or Form I-600A do not need to submit proof of their status with this affidavit.

Oh, I never noticed that part about citizenship! I sent it in with my application but I guess you don't have to.

Regarding paystubs, while it's not a requirement, I would recommend it if you can just because it's more evidence to strengthen your case.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
8 minutes ago, ecuatorianos2018 said:

Oh, I never noticed that part about citizenship! I sent it in with my application but I guess you don't have to.

Regarding paystubs, while it's not a requirement, I would recommend it if you can just because it's more evidence to strengthen your case.

I noticed it and still sent it because i did the i 864ez since our adjustment it from B2. I sent as much as I can because they have a tendency that paperwork gets lost.

1 hour ago, SeanDowney0309 said:

Hmm, 

I feel like this falls in the category of things that according to the directions you don't NEED to do, but that a picky officer could be annoying about, and that isn't that hard to include, so better to just include it anyway! 

2 minutes ago, kec523 said:

I feel like this falls in the category of things that according to the directions you don't NEED to do, but that a picky officer could be annoying about, and that isn't that hard to include, so better to just include it anyway! 

Yes very true! Thanks for the reply.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
6 hours ago, NDG said:

Just wanted to update on my case :

04/22 : Case sent

04/24 : Case received

05/20 : Texts from USCIS with my case number received. 

As of today, our check still hasn't been cashed yet but I'm not worried now.

Good luck everyone ! 

Thanks for providing this stats and congratulations!

We sent our AOS package 2 days after you, and are still waiting for NOA...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 5/18/2020 at 2:28 PM, YvetteS said:

No update at all for me. 

I checked my status for my three forms (I-485, I-765 and I-130) a couple of days ago. On my I-765 it said that "fingerprints were received" - I was really happy.

Checked it again today and it's back to "Case Received". The other two forms haven't changed since I got my NOA's.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 hours ago, Justin & Sara said:

Thank you so much @ecuatorianos2018 for putting this check list together! It is very helpful. I'm in the processing of getting the forms filed out and getting all my documents together. Do you have to have 2 passport photos for Form I-765 and I-131 too? So a total of 6 Passport photos for Form I-485, I-765, and I-131.

Correct! 2 passport photos for each application you file. So a total of 6 passport photos for the three applications you mentioned above.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
18 hours ago, portorusa said:

Thanks for providing this stats and congratulations!

We sent our AOS package 2 days after you, and are still waiting for NOA...

Thank you ! According to my stats you should be receiving the texts any day now (or night, technically, I got mine around midnight).

I wish you the best of luck !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
22 hours ago, Buma said:

I checked my status for my three forms (I-485, I-765 and I-130) a couple of days ago. On my I-765 it said that "fingerprints were received" - I was really happy.

Checked it again today and it's back to "Case Received". The other two forms haven't changed since I got my NOA's.

Update on the I-485: We are receiving an RFIE - waiting for the mail to come in now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.