Sarge2155

Green Card, No Interview....Could This Be An Error!!!!

182 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, yoda one for me said:

The cancellation said "decision" and it was followed by a "testing and interview" when they switched me back to "ready to schedule interview". I was approved a while after that. (See timeline for dates of status switches)

@yoda one for me @Emw2290

thank you for your response! My interview was rescheduled due to the pandemic for May 15 and last week it was cancelled again. I got a text message update but never an email...

Just happened to receive the same emails as you did today, a week late.

My original interview was supposed to have happened today. 🤔 

N400

Submitted: 08/07/2023 (Online)

Receipt Notice + Biometric Reuse Notice: 08/07/2023

ROC

Submitted: 08/08/2022 (Phoenix Lockbox)

Received by USCIS (UPS Delivery): 08/09/2022

Text Message w Receipt #: 08/12/2022 (YSC)

NOA/Extension Letter: 08/18/2022

AOS

Submitted: 08/05/2019

RFE: 09/30/2019

RFE Received by USCIS: 10/11/2019

Interview: 10/22/2020

Case Approved: 11/05/2020

30 minutes ago, stephbd said:

@yoda one for me @Emw2290

thank you for your response! My interview was rescheduled due to the pandemic for May 15 and last week it was cancelled again. I got a text message update but never an email...

Just happened to receive the same emails as you did today, a week late.

My original interview was supposed to have happened today. 🤔 

I'm hopeful for you that you'll hear something soon. Our interview was supposed to be last week. Maybe it will be the same for you! 

Yeah I discovered I was approved by checking my status, too. Got a whole bunch of emails last night and this morning with status update notifications of updates that happened days ago 😂 They just sent me my tracking number but I already got that out of my informed delivery anyway 😁

Oh, the paper notice of cancellation I think took a couple of days from the email notification.

1 minute ago, Emw2290 said:

I'm hopeful for you that you'll hear something soon. Our interview was supposed to be last week. Maybe it will be the same for you! 

It'll sneak up on you when it comes and knock you on ur &*%!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

5 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

It'll sneak up on you when it comes and knock you on ur &*%!

I’m so ready for it!!! 🤣🤣🤣

N400

Submitted: 08/07/2023 (Online)

Receipt Notice + Biometric Reuse Notice: 08/07/2023

ROC

Submitted: 08/08/2022 (Phoenix Lockbox)

Received by USCIS (UPS Delivery): 08/09/2022

Text Message w Receipt #: 08/12/2022 (YSC)

NOA/Extension Letter: 08/18/2022

AOS

Submitted: 08/05/2019

RFE: 09/30/2019

RFE Received by USCIS: 10/11/2019

Interview: 10/22/2020

Case Approved: 11/05/2020

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
Just now, yoda one for me said:

My green card arrived in the mail today :)  Such a relief to be done with paperwork for a couple of years!

Congratulations!!! That is awesome news.

I keep checking our status. But after they canceled our interview and changed the status back to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" it has not changed again, at least not yet. I still hope that they will issue my wife's green card without an interview.

But, I don't want to set my expectations too high just in case they do not do so. 

3 minutes ago, yoda one for me said:

My green card arrived in the mail today :)  Such a relief to be done with paperwork for a couple of years!

Don't  forget  to continue  to gather documents and proofs of a bona fide marriage. Throw them in a zip lock  bag or shoe box  until  ROC.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 minute ago, Sarge2155 said:

Don't  forget  to continue  to gather documents and proofs of a bona fide marriage. Throw them in a zip lock  bag or shoe box  until  ROC.

Absolutely! This is great advice :)I have a couple of document folders in the closet that are holding the evidence we collected for AOS, and I'm sure they're all going to be bursting by the time ROC comes around :) Much easier to assemble evidence over 2 years with the green card than in 4 months without! 

5 minutes ago, JoeMc said:

Congratulations!!! That is awesome news.

I keep checking our status. But after they canceled our interview and changed the status back to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" it has not changed again, at least not yet. I still hope that they will issue my wife's green card without an interview.

But, I don't want to set my expectations too high just in case they do not do so. 

Fingers crossed you get a happy update! It seems like people with cancelled interviews are getting these approvals, but in small numbers so far. Not sure if it will be able to speed up with the new EO, but sending positive vibes your way!

19 minutes ago, yoda one for me said:

Fingers crossed you get a happy update! It seems like people with cancelled interviews are getting these approvals, but in small numbers so far. Not sure if it will be able to speed up with the new EO, but sending positive vibes your way!

I'm pulling for everyone too!

Citizenship Complete!

Edited by TamMhmd
wrong thread

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.