dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2020

804 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Quarknase said:

Hey,

Sorry for the news - but at least they reviewed it early, since you "just" filed :) Keep your head up, sounds like an easy fix.

The quoted part states pretty clear what they want you to do - sign by hand (not a digital signature) so your assumption seems to be right. Maybe double check that you are using the latest version of the form on USCIS website before you re-submit, to ensure you're not using an outdated version.

Alright. thanks.

Just resubmitted the form. Hopefully we get DQed soon.

Regards.

Edited by David Utomi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

finally submitted all documents, except PCC (with explanation) on April 26th. We filed for expedite request on April 27th and we received an email on the 28th saying they will be reviewing it. Guess now all I can do is wait and see what the Montreal consulate says.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, BunyanP said:

finally submitted all documents, except PCC (with explanation) on April 26th. We filed for expedite request on April 27th and we received an email on the 28th saying they will be reviewing it. Guess now all I can do is wait and see what the Montreal consulate says.

Hi,

I did not know one can expedite at NVC as well. 

What kind of reasons are enough to expedite at NVC? Can you please share.

Thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Medical, wife’s parents. Just got an email saying they declined to expedite. Received an answer in 48 hours. I guess they have more time now to look at these requests? A lot faster than I thought. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi guys. So my husband, he is the us citizen lives in the same house with his mom and her husband. He is gonna be the sponsor but can he combine his income with his mom's husband? I dont really understand the difference bethween co and joint sponsor

4 minutes ago, JapanResident said:

We finally got DQ'd!

I am so happy for you! Your timeline is insane and you've had to wait so long!!! Congrats :)

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

2 minutes ago, TamMhmd said:

I am so happy for you! Your timeline is insane and you've had to wait so long!!! Congrats :)

Thank you! Yes, it's been an insane wait (and there's more waiting to come, unfortunately). At no point did we get any RFE, either. It was just a normal processing time, I guess, since we had to go through Nebraska. I really appreciate everyone's support and encouragement here!

So, we got an RFE for proof of domicile today. :(  All of our other documents were accepted.

I live in Europe with my spouse, but have plenty of evidence of US domicile- Drivers license, bank accounts, US credit cards with billing address in the US, permanent address, etc.. I am happy to upload it all, and will do today.

The question is what kind of delay might we expect from this. (more than a bit irritated at the moment at my attorney....) are we back to another 60+ days for document review?

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Congratulations! Every single DQ info makes me so happy! :)

Thank you! Someone suggested that DQ times are accelerating now because of other visa applications not being processed. I don't know if that's true, and we waited a long time for ours, but that could be the case – for normal submissions but also RFEs. Hopefully you'll get yours soon, too!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
Just now, JapanResident said:

Thank you! Someone suggested that DQ times are accelerating now because of other visa applications not being processed. I don't know if that's true, and we waited a long time for ours, but that could be the case – for normal submissions but also RFEs. Hopefully you'll get yours soon, too!

I don't think that is true. Our visa category is under the current ban, and processing is supposed to continue normally up until interview stage. The ban is only for visas, not for the process prior to visa issuance

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
3 minutes ago, BWman said:

So, we got an RFE for proof of domicile today. :(  All of our other documents were accepted.

I live in Europe with my spouse, but have plenty of evidence of US domicile- Drivers license, bank accounts, US credit cards with billing address in the US, permanent address, etc.. I am happy to upload it all, and will do today.

The question is what kind of delay might we expect from this. (more than a bit irritated at the moment at my attorney....) are we back to another 60+ days for document review?

Thanks!

Sorry to hear :( We've really seen everything. From DQ next day up until folks waiting another 10 weeks so you can only submit and hope for the best.

Just now, BunyanP said:

I’m hoping that the case too. I’ve seen some approvals within couple weeks. 

yes the timelines are really interesting to say the least. Some receive approval within a week, some wait the "regular" 10 weeks

1 minute ago, BWman said:

Thanks!

It's hard to know how long you'll need to wait. I think it's possible that documentation is being viewed faster now since Trump limited certain types of immigration. But that's only a guess. If you have a good reason to request an expedite, I'd seriously look into it. In any case, your RFE seems very straightforward (and quick to resolve). That's the silver lining here, as many times their requests can be really confusing and therefore hard to deal with. I'm sorry this isn't more helpful. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.