Greenbaum

APRIL 2020 I-129F (K-1) Filers

459 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Tryintogethome said:

Anyone from the vermont center get approved yet ? 

There are some who after more than 400 days in Vermont were approved. Some are beyond that time period and still waiting. You will have a long wait. Why are you in the Vermont Service center. Did you get a RFE at any time?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My case was approved today and on my birthday too no less! 

NOA1: April 27th 2019

NOA2:December 16th 2020

Edited by tanman22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, tanman22 said:

NOA2:December 16th 2019 

I know you meant 2020. Congratulations 🎉 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, tanman22 said:

NOA2:December 16th 2020

congrats!

Mine's still April 9th with no word. Why's there such a wide gap? Is it because of different processing centers ? 

Timeline

Glad to see so many being approved! But I watch so many NOA1s later than ours (April 2nd) being approved and it makes me wonder what on earth is taking so long, especially as USCIS told me ours is "currently being adjudicated" a month ago. Oh well, patience and all that I guess. Congrats for those of you getting approvals now!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 minutes ago, daniel_and_lily said:

congrats!

Mine's still April 9th with no word. Why's there such a wide gap? Is it because of different processing centers ? 

No same processing centre's but different countries I’m from Canada so processing of that for background checks might be quicker. However, I understand your frustration and I think after 8 months it’s par for the course 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, tanman22 said:

No same processing centre's but different countries I’m from Canada so processing of that for background checks might be quicker. However, I understand your frustration and I think after 8 months it’s par for the course 

seems weird Vietnam would take longer to process than Indonesia to me

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, tanman22 said:

There's not much correlation between the beneficiary's country and petition processing times (most of the time people think they see something there, it's just a small sample size effect; for any given month the average processing time and the average processing time of Filipino beneficiaries won't be very different because there are so many they dominate the sample, but whether Brits or Russians or anyone else is faster or slower than average can change month to month), since the petitions are (for the most part) all handled at the same service center (only a tiny percentage go to Vermont and everyone starts at California) and are mostly about the petitioner, not the beneficiary.

When it comes to processing the actual visa applications at embassies and consulates, that's another matter entirely.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
6 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

There are some who after more than 400 days in Vermont were approved. Some are beyond that time period and still waiting. You will have a long wait. Why are you in the Vermont Service center. Did you get a RFE at any time?

No idea - 

I recieved my noa 1 april 13th.

May 13th I recieved a transfer notice from california to Vermont 

Haven't heard anything since 

No criminal history or anything 

We have been together for 12-13 years and have an 11 year old American citizen daughter

I thought it would be a slam dunk..guess not  

Timeline
3 hours ago, Tryintogethome said:

No idea - 

I recieved my noa 1 april 13th.

May 13th I recieved a transfer notice from california to Vermont 

Haven't heard anything since 

No criminal history or anything 

We have been together for 12-13 years and have an 11 year old American citizen daughter

I thought it would be a slam dunk..guess not  

I know it's pointless to complain and all that, but this does peeve me a bit. Almost zero transparency in this process, and we have to put our lives on hold indefinitely because of it. Even after submitting an inquiry and waiting two weeks for a response the best we can get is one criminally short sentence to the effect of 'it will get done when it gets done'.

Yes, patience patience patience, but it sure would be nice if the system could be improved a little bit. Would be nice if the mere idea of improvement weren't absurd to the point of being unthinkable. What if we could get one simple, small detail about our cases? Rather than 'done when it's done', what if we could hear 'it's still in the filing cabinet' or 'it's awaiting results of background check'? Oh I know I shouldn't even write such things but it's nice to dream I guess.

Edit: Feel bad for wasting space on this thread, so I did work through some of the case numbers to try to gauge progress. It's quite time-consuming so I only did a limited assessment , but those of you in the 2090091000-to-2090092000 range might be interested to know that the number of Unchecked petitions is down to about 88 from the 140 posted on the 7th by Olga88. I see approvals up to 80 from 52 as well. So about 50` petitions in this group had some action in the last ten days, if I'm looking at things correctly.

Edited by TmcMaximus

10 hours ago, Tryintogethome said:

No idea - I received my noa 1 April 13th. May 13th I received a transfer notice from California to Vermont. Haven't heard anything since. No criminal history or anything. We have been together for 12-13 years and have an 11 year old American citizen daughter. I thought it would be a slam dunk..guess not.  

Your daughter would not be the reason for the transfer. It goes a little deeper than that. Some of the workload is shifted to Vermont to help CSC but we rarely see that happening. Most who are transferred are for additional "deeper" background checks. Most of those cases are because someone has been in the military and have traveled extensively, were involved in highly secretive projects, or others have traveled and lived in many middle eastern countries which require additional background checks. My advice is to keep yourself busy and try and not concentrate on the waiting and not knowing part of this process. One can never tell you with any certainty how long it will take. I wish you well.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

We were also approved today!

NOA1: 21 April 2020

NOA2: 17 December 2020 (App update: Also confirmed by USCIS.gov account login)

Timeline already updated.

3 minutes ago, Bink said:

Join us in the DECEMBER 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY thread and download the PDF file on the first post of the first page for tips, tricks and hacks to follow your case to the embassy. I'll post both links below:

We need a little housekeeping on your end. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Timeline: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RTx4pIFfcIXyW15L-nyLuBGzwqYRx5lI/view?usp=sharing

Country and Visa Type: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RyJiLo_7WTmqvkzXXqLuOlVHm9oyhAES/view?usp=sharing

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Bink said:

Congratulations 🎉 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.