Omair Sid

Has anyone tried Boundless Immigration?

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

Hope you and your families are safe and healthy in these strange times!

I'm reaching out to ya'll today to find out about a service that helps with the immigration process. It's called Boundless Immigration - https://www.boundless.com/ 

I'm thinking about using this service to start the immigration process for my wife (change of status) 

Has anyone used this service here or know anyone who did? Whenever I've asked question in this forum, I've received genuine, honest answers/feedback, hence the reason I'm back here.  Any feedback from ya'll would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks so much! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Omair Sid said:

Hi guys!

Hope you and your families are safe and healthy in these strange times!

I'm reaching out to ya'll today to find out about a service that helps with the immigration process. It's called Boundless Immigration - https://www.boundless.com/ 

I'm thinking about using this service to start the immigration process for my wife (change of status) 

Has anyone used this service here or know anyone who did? Whenever I've asked question in this forum, I've received genuine, honest answers/feedback, hence the reason I'm back here.  Any feedback from ya'll would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks so much! 

Others will share I’m sure .. but the general feeling here is that most  applications dont

need a lawyer or service to assist .. you still have to gather all the documents  and provide all the information.. lots of very wise experienced vj members  ready to answer questions you might have if you decide to do it yourself 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Adjustment of Status?

This is a DIY site, if you think you have issues that need professional help I would suggest a Lawyer.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Anything in between DIY and a lawyer is a waste of money. Most of the time a lawyer is a waste of money. If you can fill out a job application you can file out standard US immigration forms.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Anything in between DIY and a lawyer is a waste of money. Most of the time a lawyer is a waste of money. If you can fill out a job application you can file out standard US immigration forms.

I think overall the DMV caused me more problems and you do not use a Lawyer for that.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Progress Reports to General Immigration-Related Discussion.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

I’ve gotten to the point of being an unconditional LPR and I’ve always wanted to do my own forms. If it’s something beyond me that I couldn’t handle, like something in court, I’d lawyer up. Otherwise, I’ve seen a lot of stories of lawyers making basic mistakes like sending an outdated form.

I don’t know if this is a healthy trait or not, but I have severe anxiety with anything immigration. Doing it myself allowed me to carefully examine every form, every requirement, all evidence, and scrutinize everything to the letter before sending the package off. I just didn’t trust something so significant with someone else.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

• 8 months later...

Boundless isn't for everyone, but if you need a helping hand they are great. What I've seen the last 4 years in immigration is an increase in RFEs for trivial things. The good thing about working with online companies like Boundless, Rapid Visa etc is that they can give you insight on the trends happening at any point in time and you have the security that a lawyer looked it over.

If someone has had a criminal past though, I would recommend a lawyer.

Timeline

They do not have lawyers handling your case.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Old thread is now closed to further comment.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.