GetOutside

Current k1 visa holders who have not yet immigrated to America

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

I was due to go on April 5th, just bought a new ticket for this Saturday. I'm not from a country that's on the ban list and I hope they will let me go through...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, Fabercham said:

I was due to fly next week and my visa expires in May. Just so sad about it all...I’m from UK so can’t get there 

It's so sad. I'm from Argentina. We were planning on booking a plane ticket for next week, but here, the president has decided to cancel all flights to the States as from today for 30 days if not more, so I'm stuck here :(

I hope they can make an exception for those who are going through this.

2 hours ago, Jsg2016 said:

Let us know how his arrival through customs go.

it went just fine. he landed about 30 minutes ago and is already out of the airport, i didnt think it would be so fast. he told me they had a questionnaire asking how you felt before you got on the plane and how you felt after, and there are people taking temperatures. but they didnt make him do that. he flew from Mexico City to Chicago O'hare

I-751 Removal of Conditions Timeline:

April 15, 2023 Mailed via USPS

April 17, 2023 Delivered by USPS

April 20, 2023 Received text message with case number (IOE)

April 22, 2023 Case status updated to "My Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS"

April 27, 2023 Received two letters 1) Notice to set up online account 2) Notice that Biometrics will be reused

May 01, 2023 Received 48-month extension letter

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, sierradani said:

it went just fine. he landed about 30 minutes ago and is already out of the airport, i didnt think it would be so fast. he told me they had a questionnaire asking how you felt before you got on the plane and how you felt after, and there are people taking temperatures. but they didnt make him do that. he flew from Mexico City to Chicago O'hare

Great news, congratulations !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
20 hours ago, Jsg2016 said:

Just curious, what are the people who have  recently gotten their k1 visas doing that haven’t immigrated to America yet, but aren’t from a level 3 country? Are you coming now? Waiting till things calm down? We weren’t planning on him moving until May (We have our reasons). We don’t know if it’s smart for him to fly now (from Australia) or stick to our original May plan. I would think things would be under control by then, but would hate for Australia to become level 3 country as they are getting more covid19 cases. Both independent contractors. I’m now not working and he is about to lose his job as well. Really at a loss of what to do. Would love to hear what other people with the same immigration timeline as us are doing. 

It is amazing how people play Russian Roulette with some situations...just get into the plane and get into the US ASAP, deal with the corona virus while here

On 3/16/2020 at 5:16 PM, ECCK said:

If I was in your position I would move before a ban comes in. Australian cases are only going to rise and we haven’t even hit our normal flu season yet! I’m currently awaiting my k1 visa interview on the 31st March but I’m honestly worried that Sydney will go into a lock down and my interview will be cancelled. I wish I could leave now..

On 3/17/2020 at 9:14 AM, A&D25612 said:

I feel your pain!  😭  Let's hope the ban doesn't last that long. 

can the visa be extended?  we're supposed to go from Australia in June, but right now no airlines are flying out of Australia, they're all grounded! STUCK!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
11 hours ago, stephanie918 said:

can the visa be extended?  we're supposed to go from Australia in June, but right now no airlines are flying out of Australia, they're all grounded! STUCK!

Deleted prev post .. just seen Qantas has pulled their international sectors until end of  May 😓. I won’t get to Australia if anything happens to my 91 yr old parents. Consequences are tough ☹️

Edited by Lil bear

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, stephanie918 said:

Airlines are still flying. As of now, United is Monday, Wednesday and Thursday’s to sfo from Melbourne and Sydney. Qantas and Jetstar are still flying, not sure full details. Virgin Australia is going till March 30. I don’t know where the misinterpretation for some people evolved of no flights out of Australia, but they’re very much still in business—just not as often and only to certain destinations. The AU govt website Advises not to travel- no ban though! My fiancé is currently in the air flying from Melbourne to sfo, thank god. He said airport was hectic and flight is full. If you both are in the position to have your fiancé move now, then do it ASAP. It’s going to get much worse before it gets any better. And who knows if better will be by June. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, stephanie918 said:

The planes aren’t grounded now. From what I understand Virgin and Qantas will be grounding all international flights from the end of March. You could go now before that happens. While other airlines might currently still run flights from Australia, don’t expect that to last long because the Australian Government just announced a ban on all non-residents to Australia. 

3 hours ago, Jsg2016 said:

Airlines are still flying. As of now, United is Monday, Wednesday and Thursday’s to sfo from Melbourne and Sydney. Qantas and Jetstar are still flying, not sure full details. Virgin Australia is going till March 30. I don’t know where the misinterpretation for some people evolved of no flights out of Australia, but they’re very much still in business—just not as often and only to certain destinations. The AU govt website Advises not to travel- no ban though! My fiancé is currently in the air flying from Melbourne to sfo, thank god. He said airport was hectic and flight is full. If you both are in the position to have your fiancé move now, then do it ASAP. It’s going to get much worse before it gets any better. And who knows if better will be by June. 

hmm I thought that virgin, qantas and jetstar (and united) will be grounded completely from end of March until May/June?? I wish we could move now, we'd have about a week to get everything done, which just won't work :( just hoping we can get A flight of some sort out of Melb in June!

3 hours ago, ECCK said:

The planes aren’t grounded now. From what I understand Virgin and Qantas will be grounding all international flights from the end of March. You could go now before that happens. While other airlines might currently still run flights from Australia, don’t expect that to last long because the Australian Government just announced a ban on all non-residents to Australia. 

I agree, it'd be ideal to send my husband over to enter at maybe Hawaii, but my concern then is he gets stuck in the US and then has to come back to Melb and self quaratine for 2 weeks.  there's no easy way here, just hoping the consulate says they can extend his visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 hours ago, stephanie918 said:

No, from the email I posted, they can't be extended. I hope they reconsider but their email wasn't very hopeful. 

I wonder if enough people petitioned, would they make arrangements for people who already have the visa but haven't been able to leave for the US yet? My visa expires early July and I'm becoming doubtful that the UK>US ban will be lifted by then given how long it's taken with China only recently reporting not having any new cases. 

Edited by A&D25612

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
19 minutes ago, A&D25612 said:

I wonder if enough people petitioned, would they make arrangements for people who already have the visa but haven't been able to leave for the US yet?

I suspect they will continue to require new medicals if an unused visa expires......as a virus screening tool......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

I suspect they will continue to require new medicals if an unused visa expires......as a virus screening tool......

I don't mind doing a medical again- it makes sense to have one specifically for the virus. I just don't want to have to go through the WHOLE process all over again.. 

On 3/17/2020 at 12:16 AM, sierradani said:

Hi there, that’s fantastic news!! Congratulations!! I am so happy for you!!  
I wanted to find out what your fiancés situation was?  I am a K1 Fiancé VISA holder and I was supposed to be flying out on 1st April. It’s dawning upon me that I may not be able to fly at all until further notice.    Was he coming from one of the countries with the ban?  I would be flying from the UK.  What advice would you give?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.