Chicken7585

I-751 (Removal of Conditions) April 2020 Filers (merged)

1,211 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Sarah_k92 said:

You’re right with the way things are looking for USCIS workers, it might be a long time till they open our cases. 

I felt this way with my K1 and that was so much more work than this process. I included a bunch of evidence of course but it’s that thought in the back of your mind of “did I do enough?” I am actually putting things aside in case of that RFE so I can mentally prepare myself for it lol. 

Yeah I thought I was done collecting evidence but apparently not so... :( 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sarah_k92 said:

So I have a question... this has been bugging me ever since I sent it and is causing great stress on top of all the NOA drama that took place. 

When we sent our application 4/15, we were mid moving due to Covid and news came out that taxes could be submitted in July. We decided to not submit for April as we owed a fair bit and financially wanted to feel more prepared. Blah blah blah... 

anyways, I spaced on including our recent W-2s but I did submit our 2018 taxes and a refund of 2019 from Mass. I guess my question is.. did I mess up? Should I be expecting a RFE

I will of course be filing this soon and will have the evidence of our 2019 taxes ready to go. But I feel like a complete failure as our lives were thrown into a mess due to Covid. No excuse I know! Damn Covid.

I don't think it will be an issue. Once you file your taxes send in the 2019 tax assessment as additional proof. I plan on doing that or as you mentioned have documents ready in case an RFE comes our way. Given the current situation we don't how long things will take

13 minutes ago, Sam2134 said:

I don't think it will be an issue. Once you file your taxes send in the 2019 tax assessment as additional proof. I plan on doing that or as you mentioned have documents ready in case an RFE comes our way. Given the current situation we don't how long things will take

Could we send them in?! Because I would do that haha. I’m glad I’m not alone in this! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sarah_k92 said:

Could we send them in?! Because I would do that haha. I’m glad I’m not alone in this! 

Yes you can and mention that you are sending additional docs and mention the case number and all relevant details. I see no harm in sending it. You may also want to call USCIS and ask them too about it

On 6/24/2020 at 8:18 PM, DianaLucena said:

Hi everyone, after submitting and inquiry online and being told to send and email to the lockbox, I have already sent 2 emails but gotten no response at all. Not even an automatic reply 😭 my GC expires on 7/25. 

The same thing here.. I got the same answer from the inquiry online and no response or automatic reply from lockbox email. My service center is also Potomac.

We are in the same unfortunate boat as many of the other April filers without receiving the receipt notice...definitely not fun.  

Fortunately after multiple calls with USCIS and a few tier 2 calls we were able to get an ADIT stamp for my wife last Wednesday. One officer we spoke to basically said we could only get an emergency appointment if we got a letter from her office requesting verification of status (eventhough we know that’s not required). That worked like a charm.

Got the call about scheduling the appointment, explained the situation, then got an email requesting a PDF of the letter for verification, and a day after sending we got a call for an appointment the next day. So we got the stamp, but now will have to try some of the other tips from this thread to get our receipt notice as we’re approaching the 30 day mark on the first non-delivery notice. 

Also heard a few interesting things from some of our conversations with the more helpful officers...They confirmed a receipt notice was never printed and that they saw a similar large scale issue like this a few years back with people ultimately getting the letters but a few months late.  They also reassured that even without the stamp or letter, she was still in status since the case is pending (which was good to hear as one officer was trying to tell her she couldn’t stay working, etc without the stamp or letter). 

hopefully this all gets sorted out soon with letters and/or stamps for everyone that needs them!

11 hours ago, LM&SM said:

Hi everyone, did you receive any automatic response when you sent your email to the lockbox??

Not really.. I did after my 4th one but did not after any future ones. Lockbox is pointless. I received a random email from them stating they are unable to print I-751 copies as they only send initials. I already been down this road and they were unable to help. Your copy will come from your service center so you should spend you time working with them as opposed to lockbox (even if tier 2 say it’s lockbox, it is not). Why do you think they are ignoring all the emails?!

good luck! 

Edited by Sarah_k92

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Our NOA finally arrived, the mailman (who I had asked if there was anything I could do to make sure it was delivered because USCIS keeps saying they did send it), very proudly walked it to the front door with a big grin on his face! 

Here was our timeline

Timeline of I-751 application for:

April 20, 2020 - mailed application

April 22, 2020 - notice that application was received

April 28, 2020 - Check cashed and received text message confirming Receipt number (MSC*******), text stated receipt notice (I-797) to follow in mail

• Online Case status indicated that Receipt Notice (NOA / I-797) should arrive before May 22nd and to call customer service if it does not. 

May 22, 2020 - Called customer service due to not receiving the NOA: told to email lockbox and create online account for MyUSCIS

• Emailed lockbox support

• Completed non-delivery enquiry online: auto reply, (SR********MSC), should receive reply by June 22, 2020

• Created myUSCIS account

May 26, 2020 - Entered a General Inquiry online: auto reply stating to call customer service

May27, 2020 - 2nd email to lockbox: auto reply that we should hear within the next 30days, by June 13,2020

June 9, 2020 - 3rd email to lockbox

June 10, 2020 - submit Ombudsman’s form: auto reply 

June 15, 2020 - contact Peter DeFazio’s office through email: auto reply 

June 16, 2020 - 4th email to lockbox

June 17, 2020 - email from Peter DeFazio to mail in Privacy Act Release: mailed

June 19, 2020 -  reply from lockbox stating they do not send out NOA’s and to call customer service about the National Benefit Center sending the NOA

June 22, 2020 - due to no reply from online inquiry sent in 2nd online inquiry for non-delivery (SR*******) should receive reply by July 14, 2020

June 22, 2020 cont. - Call to customer service: cannot do anything since a 2nd online request was made therefore need to wait upto end of 30 days

• Email to Peter DeFazio again asking for help 

• Email from USCIS : 2nd NOA has apparently been sent now, the delay is due to biometrics, waiting to hear from scheduling to schedule biometrics. 

June 23, 2020 - Emily from Peter DeFazio’s office called (202)*** ****: will look into it 

June 24, 2020 - Emily called to say she has sent an inquiry 

June 27, 2020 - NOA arrived

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I received my NOA on Saturday 6.27

Filed April 30, no NOA.

Called USCIS after May 30 - they said they can't do anything and to email Lockbox

Emailed Lockbox everyday for 15 days. Got one response on the last email saying Lockbox doesn't print notices and to contact the service center.

June 1 put in an online inquiry. It is still not assigned for processing. Response was due on 6/23.

06/15 I contacted all senators and congressman for my state. One Senator's office was very responsive and I believe it is because of them I received my NOA on 6.26

Contact your senators and congressman/congresswoman!! It helped my case.

Finally received my NOA in the mail today. Here's my timeline:

05/06/2020 - Sent ROC package to Dallas, TX by USPS.

05/07/2020 - Delivered to Dallas, TX by USPS.

05/12/2020 - SMS notification received. 

06/07/2020 - Sent online inquiry for non-delivery of receipt

06/08/2020 - Online inquiry assigned to officer

06/12/2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken

06/16/2020 - Response to online inquiry which was not useful, said "Our records show that your Form I-751 is currently pending adjudication. We regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. We apologize for the delay”

06/18/2020 - Receive notice in mail saying previously captured fingerprints were used

06/22/2020 - Called and spoke to Tier 2 office, who helped reopen Online inquiry, and request to send NOA

06/23/2020 - received confusing response to Online inquiry saying “Recently, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) sent you a notice of receipt for the Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (Form I-751) that you filed although, you informed USCIS that you did not receive that receipt notice.  A receipt notice was mailed to the address provided with this inquiry.  Please confirm your current address with your local United States Postal Service office and follow the instructions on the notice.”

06/24/2020 - Called and spoke to Tier 2 office again, who said that NOA was mailed out.

06/29/2020 - Received NOA!

Fortunately I didn't need to contact Ombudsman, Senator or house representative. But I had to call and speak to a tier 2 officer twice, both the times I was polite and the officers were helpful.

Removal of Conditions Timeline

05/06/2020    - Sent ROC package to Dallas, TX by USPS.

05/07/2020    - Delivered to Dallas, TX by USPS.

05/12/2020    - SMS notification received.  

06/12/2020    - Case updated to fingerprints taken.

06/29/2020    - NOA with 18 month extension received.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Just checked processing times and it is up to almost 24months.... ironically he can apply for citizenship as of July 17 2021..... 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Daneandkathy said:

Just checked processing times and it is up to almost 24months.... ironically he can apply for citizenship as of July 17 2021..... 

That’s crazy. When do you think they’ll schedule fingerprints/bio appointment? One year? 😝

April 22, 2020 - I-751 sent

April 23, 2020 - I-751 received at Lockbox 

April 29, 2020 - Check cashed
??? - didn’t receive text or email confirmation. Ugh!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
14 minutes ago, ShanghaiSurfer said:

That’s crazy. When do you think they’ll schedule fingerprints/bio appointment? One year? 😝

Happened to many others unfortunately. I applied December 2018 and had bio November 2019 and still waiting for approval.

1 hour ago, Daneandkathy said:

what is your service center? Mine is Potomac and currently is between 13-19 months... that could change of course! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.