Chicken7585

I-751 (Removal of Conditions) April 2020 Filers (merged)

1,211 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Daneandkathy said:

Recently, you notified us that you did not receive your receipt notice.  As a courtesy, we have requested that a duplicate receipt notice be mailed to you.  You should receive the duplicate receipt notice within 30 days from the date of this 

(I do love how they say, "as a courtesy" like we did something wrong. Also seem to imply that we are holding up the biometrics not them).... urgghhhh well at least it is a step forward 

Amazing to me that they still have not realized they had a problem with their IT/Printing of receipt notices when they are flooded with the same request from people around the same filing time period. It’s like they are operating in the blind and nobody is managing or reviewing the issues. 

April 22, 2020 - I-751 sent

April 23, 2020 - I-751 received at Lockbox 

April 29, 2020 - Check cashed
??? - didn’t receive text or email confirmation. Ugh!

3 hours ago, ShanghaiSurfer said:

Amazing to me that they still have not realized they had a problem with their IT/Printing of receipt notices when they are flooded with the same request from people around the same filing time period. It’s like they are operating in the blind and nobody is managing or reviewing the issues. 

Or choosing to ignore it all?! When will the government websites get with the times and become more advanced?! 🙄

14 hours ago, Daneandkathy said:

update: suddenly my online requested was allocated, reviewed and answered.... fancy that 2nd time and a very annoyed phone call and possible influence from the governor seems to have done the trick. Here is the reply

Recently, you notified us that you did not receive your receipt notice.  As a courtesy, we have requested that a duplicate receipt notice be mailed to you.  You should receive the duplicate receipt notice within 30 days from the date of this notice.

Our records indicate that we are awaiting your appearance for biometric processing. Your case is currently in suspense or on hold until we receive your biometrics.  Your application information has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for biometrics at their local ASC. Once you have been scheduled, you will receive an ASC Appointment Notice containing the date, time and location of your appointment.  You must take the ASC Appointment Notice and photo ID to your appointment.

(I do love how they say, "as a courtesy" like we did something wrong. Also seem to imply that we are holding up the biometrics not them).... urgghhhh well at least it is a step forward 

Exactly how I feel when I read these standard replies... 

11 hours ago, Sarah_k92 said:

Or choosing to ignore it all?! When will the government websites get with the times and become more advanced?! 🙄

As long as they remain complacent, it will never happen!

18 hours ago, Daneandkathy said:

VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!

Please take note everyone. Today was the last day for my online request for non delivery - it still states that it has not been assigned yet. So I did a 2nd request. Well I just got off the phone with customer service who politely informed me that since I had put in a 2nd request they could not help me until the 30days were up!!!!!!! I am not sure if I want to cry or drink a bottle of something very strong. She would not send me up to a tier 2 officer stating that he would say the same thing, and she would not put in a note for a call back to get an appointment as the fact that his GC expires in 3 weeks is not considered an emergency. 

I have sent a second email to my representative asking for help but I am seriously at my wits end!!!! 

SO do not send a 2nd request online but call customer service first. 

Even if you didn't put in a 2nd request, they would have done exactly the same thing that you did. If they could do something different, they would have been able to override the system.

So a tier 2 officer helped reopen a previous service request which gave a non answer about not receiving NOA, and 24 hrs later I get this response to the updated service request:

"Recently, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) sent you a notice of receipt for the Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (Form I-751) that you filed although, you informed USCIS that you did not receive that receipt notice.  A receipt notice was mailed to the address provided with this inquiry.  Please confirm your current address with your local United States Postal Service office and follow the instructions on the notice.

We hope this information is helpful to you."

Does that mean they have sent NOA first time around and I should check with the post office or are they sending it again at the address in the inquiry, which is the same address.

Also I received the notice saying that they used my old biometrics, so I'm pretty sure my address is fine and I have informed delivery and never saw the NOA come in.

Edited by bizmark03

Removal of Conditions Timeline

05/06/2020    - Sent ROC package to Dallas, TX by USPS.

05/07/2020    - Delivered to Dallas, TX by USPS.

05/12/2020    - SMS notification received.  

06/12/2020    - Case updated to fingerprints taken.

06/29/2020    - NOA with 18 month extension received.

19 minutes ago, bizmark03 said:

So a tier 2 officer helped reopen a previous service request which gave a non answer about not receiving NOA, and 24 hrs later I get this response to the updated service request:

"Recently, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) sent you a notice of receipt for the Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (Form I-751) that you filed although, you informed USCIS that you did not receive that receipt notice.  A receipt notice was mailed to the address provided with this inquiry.  Please confirm your current address with your local United States Postal Service office and follow the instructions on the notice.

We hope this information is helpful to you."

Does that mean they have sent NOA first time around and I should check with the post office or are they sending it again at the address in the inquiry, which is the same address.

Also I received the notice saying that they used my old biometrics, so I'm pretty sure my address is fine and I have informed delivery and never saw the NOA come in.

They told me the same but never received anything but my fingerprints have been atttached. They definitely are trying to blame us or post office but it is there glitch for sure! 

58 minutes ago, Sarah_k92 said:

They told me the same but never received anything but my fingerprints have been atttached. They definitely are trying to blame us or post office but it is there glitch for sure! 

Yeah, I think my next step would be to contact my congresswoman.

Removal of Conditions Timeline

05/06/2020    - Sent ROC package to Dallas, TX by USPS.

05/07/2020    - Delivered to Dallas, TX by USPS.

05/12/2020    - SMS notification received.  

06/12/2020    - Case updated to fingerprints taken.

06/29/2020    - NOA with 18 month extension received.

I was planning to just wait for them to catch up but I need to find the most effective way to ask them to give me a NOA or at least the passport stamp. I'm less than a month from a expired green card. I've seen mixed reactions so anyone who has received their NOA after reaching out to them. Who did you call/email or what did you do to finally obtain a NOA through the mail?

K1 Visa

Spoiler
  • December 21, 2016 - Package Sent
  • December 23, 2016 - Package Received
  • January 05, 2017 - NOA1 text / e-mail
  • January 11, 2017 - NOA1 mail
  • April 04, 2017 - Case Approved
  • April 10, 2017 - NOA2 mail
  • April 24, 2017 - NVC Received, Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned too.
  • April 26, 2017 - Consulate Received
  • May 04, 2017 - Packet 3 Letters Sent.
  • May 15, 2017 - Packet 3 Arrived in Mail
  • June 15 , 2017 - Medical
  • June 16 , 2017 - Biometrics
  • June 20 , 2017 - Interview / Approved! 
  • June 27 , 2017 - Visa on hand
  • June 29 , 2017 - POE / JFK Airport, New York

July 15, 2017:  W E D D I N G ! ! ! ! !

AOS

Spoiler

• Spoiler

• August 16, 2017 - AOS Package Sent / AOS, EAD, AP. Affidavit.
    • August 18, 2017 - Package Received
    • August 26, 2017 - NOA1 text / e-mail
    • August 31, 2017 - NOA1 mail
    • September 05, 2017 - ASC Appoinment letter / mail
    • September 12, 2017 - ASC Appoinment
    • September 20, 2017 - Case updated to:  Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview
    • October 28, 2017 - Case updated to:  Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview --AGAIN-- ????
    • November 22, 2017 - EAD/AP  Approval letter in mail
    • November 27, 2017 - EAD/AP Card Received
    • July 24, 2018 - AOS Interview

• July 26, 2018 - AOS approval
  • August 03, 2018 - CARD IN HAND!!!  Finally!

•  

ROC

• May 12, 2020 - Package Sent
  • May 18, 2020 - Package Received
  • June 17, 2020 - Fingerprints letter saying they will use previous data
  • July 08, 2020 - NOA Received
  • December 14, 2020 - Case Update: New Card Being Produced - Email alert
  •  December 15, 2020 - Case Approved - Email alert
  • December 19, 2020 - Approval notice and card received.

:) 

22 minutes ago, minemar said:

I was planning to just wait for them to catch up but I need to find the most effective way to ask them to give me a NOA or at least the passport stamp. I'm less than a month from a expired green card. I've seen mixed reactions so anyone who has received their NOA after reaching out to them. Who did you call/email or what did you do to finally obtain a NOA through the mail?

Email lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov 

(this is very much pointless but they will most likely tell you do this first) You probably will not get a response. 

Put through a Non delivery of notice request on USCIS website. 

Call USCIS- explain yourself situation 

With your GC expiring in less than a month expect for USCIS to not give you an immediate appointment for the stamp as you have to have tried all other avenues and be a week away from GC expiration.

Contact your local senator or congressman ASAP. We’ve been chasing our NOA from day 1 and most of us have only just got it or still haven’t. 

Good luck. 

i have been reading and following this thread for a few weeks now. i see a lot of posts from folks who did not receive their NOAs, and that is understandably frustrating . i am wondering how widespread the issue really is. it would be good to hear from the other side, so are their folks on here who did receive their NOAs? how long did it take you to get it through the normal process?

Edited by doggieandsam

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

55 minutes ago, doggieandsam said:

i have been reading and following this thread for a few weeks now. i see a lot of posts from folks who did not receive their NOAs, and that is understandably frustrating . i am wondering how widespread the issue really is. it would be good to hear from the other side, so are their folks on here who did receive their NOAs? how long did it take you to get it through the normal process?

I think the beginning of April filers got theirs within the 7-10 days but by mid April.. mine was (4/17) we started to notice hiccups. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Hello everyone,

Quick question, for the ones that have a rental agreement, did you print the whole document (mine has 50 pages) or you just printed the pages with your name and signature?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Becs said:

Hello everyone,

Quick question, for the ones that have a rental agreement, did you print the whole document (mine has 50 pages) or you just printed the pages with your name and signature?

I printed the whole thing, as ours has different addendum and each had a signature on it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Got a call from my congressman's office yesterday. She is going to put in an enquiry for me so hopefully things will move along. She did say to be sure to have a timeline written down to send in so that the person assigned to it could follow the trail. She also said because of COVID everything is behind however, with the ummmm..... current administration immigration has been put on the backburner and not given much importance. 

She was very surprised when I told her most of us who applied in April still have not received the NOA but they keep messaging us saying it has been sent. 

So hopefully this is a step forward 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.