Sarge2155

March 2020 AOS Filers

1,285 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, PinchOfSalt said:

Hi Mako, congrats! When did you file? 

I filed March 24 2020, to USCIS delivered on March 30 2020, message from USCIS was on April 6 2020, hard copys of I 797 C received  April 11 2020 and today May 5 2020 case approved. So totally for I 765 and I 131 is took a month to be approved.

Edited by Mako_5

34 minutes ago, soco said:

I think the doctor in Romania said it would be easier here because some of the vaccines needed time to get results? Don't quite remember. Also, wouldn't health insurance cover any vaccinations she needs? Obviously depending on the health insurance I guess, but figured this isn't anything elective...

Yes your insurance should  cover some of the vaccines but I'm  not so sure about the costs to see the civil  surgeon. I think you'll have to pay out of pocket for that.  In either case you gotta get it done so no use worrying about.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mako_5 said:

I filed March 24 2020, to USCIS delivered on March 30 2020, message from USCIS was on April 6 2020, hard copys of I 797 C received  April 11 2020 and today May 5 2020 case approved. So totally for I 765 and I 131 is took a month to be approved.

That's amazing! Especially without biometrics. Happy for you! Let us know when you get the card. 

6 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yes your insurance should  cover some of the vaccines but I'm  not so sure about the costs to see the civil  surgeon. I think you'll have to pay out of pocket for that.  In either case you gotta get it done so no use worrying about.

True thanks!

Removal of Conditions:

Nebraska Service Center

File Date - January 17, 2023

Package Delivered - January 19, 2023

NOA Date - January 24, 2023

NOA Received - January 27, 2023

Biometrics Waived- January 31, 2023

35 minutes ago, Mako_5 said:

Hi guys! I just check  my  case  status and i was surprised  when i saw My case is approved today   for I-765 and I-131. I didn't had a biometrics and i m wondering where they get a photo or will need to be have biometrics in June, i don't know, need wait a letters by mail. But anyway  i m happy that they working fast now during this pandemia.  

So you are saying your EAD and AP were approved without giving biometrics? If this is the case you may want to create a thread and let everyone know about it. People are thinking you must have biometrics before you are approved. I thought that too, but if you are saying you have been approved for your EAD and AP then that is good  news for everyone.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
Just now, PinchOfSalt said:

That's amazing! Especially without biometrics. Happy for you! Let us know when you get the card. 

Yes surely  i will let to know. For everyone who still waiting  i wish a good luck, you all next in the line! 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

So you are saying your EAD and AP were approved without giving biometrics? If this is the case you may want to create a thread and let everyone know about it. People are thinking you must have biometrics before you are approved. I thought that too, but if you are saying you have been approved for your EAD and AP then that is good  news for everyone.

Yes i checked on official site of  USCIS case  status online is showes that cases approved, i was in shock and also thinking how it that possible without biometrics, so i m waiting a letters by mail to read maybe there they will tell something about biometrics. So soon i will let to know everybody here what is going on.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mako_5 said:

Yes i checked on official site of  USCIS case  status online is showes that cases approved, i was in shock and also thinking how it that possible without biometrics, so i m waiting a letters by mail to read maybe there they will tell something about biometrics. So soon i will let to know everybody here what is going on.

+1 on creating a thread, especially this seems to be the first case for k-1 on Visa Journey. Congratulations! it looks like your k1 took less than 4 months too! Insanely quick for both. Lucky!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Gak said:

+1 on creating a thread, especially this seems to be the first case for k-1 on Visa Journey. Congratulations! it looks like your k1 took less than 4 months too! Insanely quick for both. Lucky!

+2 on creating a thread. Would be good to try to figure out how common this is, and if there are certain common factors between the cases that get their biometrics waived. 

Congrats, btw! Hoping for more good news for all of us waiting!

Concurrent I-485/I-130/I-765/I-131 Filing (married to USC spouse):

2/23/2020: Sent in application via FedEx (following rules before new Public Charge rule) 

2/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL
3/13/2020: Packaged received in return and rejected due to "outdated forms"
3/24/2020: Refiled application with new forms including I-944
3/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL (received by Harper)

4/13/2020: Received 4 late-night texts with case numbers
4/14/2020: Application fee withdrawn from my bank account

4/17/2020: Received hard copies of Receipt NOAs (I-797Cs)
4/17/2020: Requested EAD expedite
4/20/2020: EAD expedite request denied: Case in "in suspense or on hold until we receive your biometrics" +  did not provide evidence of "extreme emergent need"
8/1/2020: Received biometrics appointment notice (for I-485 and I-765)
8/11/2020: Biometrics appointment at the ASC in Sacramento, CA

8/12/2020: Online case status for I-485 and I-765 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/17/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/18/2020: Online case status for I-485 updated to "we are ready to schedule your ... for an interview"

9/4/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "New card is being produced"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Case was approved"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "Case was approved"
9/10/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Card was mailed to me"

9/12/2020: Received I-797 Notice of Action (approval notice) for I-765 and I-131
9/14/2020: Received my combo EAD card (work authorization and advanced parole)
8/13/2021: Filed renewal application for both I-131 and I-765
11/9/2021: Filed expedite request for both I-131 due to sick father in Norway
12/15/2021: Received email from USCIS for supportive documents (after multiple calls)
12/17/2021: Sent in supportive documents (letter from doctor, hospital appointment notices ++)
12/22/2021: Status changed to "card being produced" (letter on MyUSCIS.com confirms this will be a combo card)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mako_5 said:

Whoa that’s crazy fast congrats! Hopefully this becomes standard for people waiting who never got to have their biometrics. 

1 hour ago, soco said:

I think the doctor in Romania said it would be easier here because some of the vaccines needed time to get results? Don't quite remember. Also, wouldn't health insurance cover any vaccinations she needs? Obviously depending on the health insurance I guess, but figured this isn't anything elective...

I went through this with my husband. It is a big pain in the ### but manageable. Insurance will cover the vaccines. You’ll need to go to your normal doctor to get them, then bring record of that to the civil surgeon who will do the required part of the 693. Insurance will not cover that part.  Civil surgeons That will only do the vaccine transcription and not the entire exam tend to be really difficult to find. I called over 20 before i found one (Chicagoland area). There are threads on this that you can find if you do a search. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mako_5 said:

Hi guys! I just check  my  case  status and i was surprised  when i saw My case is approved today   for I-765 and I-131. I didn't had a biometrics and i m wondering where they get a photo or will need to be have biometrics in June, i don't know, need wait a letters by mail. But anyway  i m happy that they working fast now during this pandemia.  

Congrats!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mako_5 said:

Congratulations! thats crazy! but good to know it is possible... do you know someone in the US government agency? curious what your secret is... 🤪 I did read some really old threads that people got approved for AP and Work permit without biometrics.. so it is possible just very rare... you should go and buy a lottery ticket!!

i'm sure like everyone else from reading your news went straight onto the website/apps and clicked refresh a million times hehehe.. fingers crossed for more news from others in the group!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
6 hours ago, Mako_5 said:

Wow, Congrats, that was so quick! I got NOA1 on April 14th so it gives me hope that I won´t have to do biometrics either! I wonder if they are able to use the picture and fingerprints from immigration at the airport. Will you let us know what picture they ended up using on your EAD to give us a clue on what they´re using as replacement - things they have in the system or the passport pics we sent in with our AOS packets?

Edit: Did you have your highschool/college diplomas accredited or just translated to English? Did you put proof of Bona Fide MArriage?

Edited by USA-GermanyLove
More Questions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.