AaDDii

Visit visa - visiting my parents in usa ( greencard holders )

42 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Currently i am studying in Ireland and want to apply usa visit visa from here to visit my parents there in usa.. currently they are holding green cards.. can anybody please help me how i can make my application strong.. or if anyone wants to give any advice.. i will be very thankful to you..
Or if anybody applied in same scenario and got approved please share your timeline..

Cheers.. 😃😃

24 minutes ago, AaDDii said:

Hi All,

Currently i am studying in Ireland and want to apply usa visit visa from here to visit my parents there in usa.. currently they are holding green cards.. can anybody please help me how i can make my application strong.. or if anyone wants to give any advice.. i will be very thankful to you..
Or if anybody applied in same scenario and got approved please share your timeline..

Cheers.. 😃😃

Best chance for approval is to show strong ties to Ireland.  Is that your country of origin?

Having LPR parents in the states is not a positive factor.

good luck.

1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

Best chance for approval is to show strong ties to Ireland.  Is that your country of origin?

Having LPR parents in the states is not a positive factor.

good luck.

I am in my final year of degree i think it should be a strong tie here.. and my origin country is Pakistan..

nd yeah thats why i am preparing first that what maximum i can do to make my application strong.. 

Cheers.. thanks Jorgedig 😃😃

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, AaDDii said:

I am in my final year of degree i think it should be a strong tie here.. and my origin country is Pakistan..

nd yeah thats why i am preparing first that what maximum i can do to make my application strong.. 

Cheers.. thanks Jorgedig 😃😃

I could be wrong, but if you are in your final year, it means you are finished your degree by June this year? If so, I wouldn't consider that a strong tie because presumably you will be using this tourist visa after your academic year. Do you have other ties to demonstrate that you will leave the USA after your visit?

Edited by ADW & JOP

1 hour ago, ADW & JOP said:

I could be wrong, but if you are in your final year, it means you are finished your degree by June this year? If so, I wouldn't consider that a strong tie because presumably you will be using this tourist visa after your academic year. Do you have other ties to demonstrate that you will leave the USA after your visit?

Yeah thats the point.. thats why i am confused.. because my degree gonna complete in sept..all i can say to them is that i will continue my studies here with masters level... hope it works...

Thanks ADW & JOP 😃

44 minutes ago, AaDDii said:

Yeah thats the point.. thats why i am confused.. because my degree gonna complete in sept..all i can say to them is that i will continue my studies here with masters level... hope it works...

Thanks ADW & JOP 😃

Will you have confirmed enrolment?

All you can do is tell the truth and hope for the best. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Your chances are slim to none but $160 is not a lot of money to gamble away. Roll the dice and see how it goes.

Good luck

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

4 hours ago, AaDDii said:

At this time i dont have.. because first i have to complete my bachelors program after that i can enrolled in masters.. so in current scenarios all i can say to them is that trust me i will come back to ireland... :D

Thanks SusieQQQ 😃

Ok let me rephrase that, will you have an offer for a masters (even if conditional on your bachelor grades)? Even better, one that you have put a deposit down on to confirm a place? You obviously won’t be waiting till the bachelors is complete before you even start applying for masters if you want to do it in the academic year immediately following your graduation. 

10 hours ago, AaDDii said:

Hi All,

Cheers.. 😃😃

Is Ireland not part of the VWP?

pretty sure Sth Ireland is, maybe not so much Nth.. 

go check, it’s the easiest and cheapest option, but guess it will depend on your status in Ireland.. I know many uk residents from Pakistani origin still qualify for vwp 

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

41 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

Is Ireland not part of the VWP?

pretty sure Sth Ireland is, maybe not so much Nth.. 

go check, it’s the easiest and cheapest option, but guess it will depend on your status in Ireland.. I know many uk residents from Pakistani origin still qualify for vwp 

Can’t just be “resident”, must be citizen or national (that is, need the passport)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What do you think Northern Ireland falls under?

Amway I assume the OP is on a Student Visa in Eire, does make me wonder of her parents have filed for to Immigrate to the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

What do you think Northern Ireland falls under?

Amway I assume the OP is on a Student Visa in Eire, does make me wonder of her parents have filed for to Immigrate to the US.

I’ve never heard anyone refer to “Sth Ireland” before.

this particular angle might be moot at some point again anyway https://www.economist.com/leaders/2020/02/13/irish-unification-is-becoming-likelier

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.