initials123

Sending in More Evidence?

17 posts in this topic

Hey guys, we're about to send in our application for ROC in about a month. We may not have our trust and last will completed because of a few snags we've hit. Can we send copies of this into USCIS after we send the initial application in? Thanks guys, pretty nervous for this!

16 minutes ago, initials123 said:

Hey guys, we're about to send in our application for ROC in about a month. We may not have our trust and last will completed because of a few snags we've hit. Can we send copies of this into USCIS after we send the initial application in? Thanks guys, pretty nervous for this!

What other evidence are you submitting for ROC?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I wouldn't. A will and/or trust is nearly irrelevant because anyone can draft one (for free) and it is something that is conditional upon a future action. Life insurance is probably better evidence because it actually cost $$$, is screened by a third-party, and shows a lot of effort to remain together. Wills are a dime a dozen, while many people do not go to the extent of procuring life insurance. And why is it taking you so long to draft a will? A trust I can understand, but a will is fairly straightforward and should not be complicated.

2 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

What other evidence are you submitting for ROC?

We have in both names:

Titles of two cars

Bank statements for the last nearly 2 years with USAA, included movement of both our paychecks into same account, plus movement out to pay for bills

Bank statements from CIT with us as joint members

Credit card statements from 2 joint credit cards, one for the past 2 years and one for the past several months

Drivers licenses with same address

Mortgage statement under both our names

2018 taxes filed jointly

Sewer, power, water bills since we bought our new house (Oct 2018)

Deed to house

Previous short term lease of apartment that I had him put on the lease when he moved to the States

Documents showing him as the beneficiaries of my 403(b), my roth IRA x 2, life insurance through work and life insurance from USAA, me as the beneficiary of his roth IRA,     his life insurance from USAA, his retirement from both Australia and New Zealand

Homeowners Insurance

Cell phone plan showing both of us on the same plan since 2 years ago

Emergency contact for medical purposes for both of us

Him as my beneficiary for health insurance since he moved here

Mail sent and addressed to both of us at this address

Durable Power of Attorney, Living Will

I feel like there are one or two more things that I've forgotten to add on here, but those are the basics that we are sending in. 

4 minutes ago, WandY said:

I wouldn't. A will and/or trust is nearly irrelevant because anyone can draft one (for free) and it is something that is conditional upon a future action. Life insurance is probably better evidence because it actually cost $$$, is screened by a third-party, and shows a lot of effort to remain together. Wills are a dime a dozen, while many people do not go to the extent of procuring life insurance. And why is it taking you so long to draft a will? A trust I can understand, but a will is fairly straightforward and should not be complicated.

Ahhh because we have recently become pregnant (yay!) and decided to do a trust instead, and use a lawyer to do both the last will and the trust. Our original last will we had drafted but not notorized has since changed with our circumstances.  We do have life insurance evidence we will be sending in from when we got it done last fall which is nice. 

18 minutes ago, initials123 said:

Ahhh because we have recently become pregnant (yay!) and decided to do a trust instead, and use a lawyer to do both the last will and the trust. Our original last will we had drafted but not notorized has since changed with our circumstances.  We do have life insurance evidence we will be sending in from when we got it done last fall which is nice. 

You have more than enough evidence as is. So you don't need the will or the trust

Just now, Cyberfx1024 said:

You have more than enough evidence as is. So you don't need the will or the trust

Thank you! I sure appreciate the feedback!!! 

7 minutes ago, initials123 said:

Thank you! I sure appreciate the feedback!!! 

Not a problem. You have a lot more evidence than what you need for ROC. So you are good to go.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Simply providing evidence is not enough. It is best to include a list of evidence saying

Exhibit A: Evidence of co-habitation - joint deed of property or lease

Exhibit B: co-mingling of finances - bank statements, utility bills,  

Exhibit C shared responsibility of liabilities - tax returns, credit card statements,

Exhibit D : life planning - healthcare proxy, wills, account beneficiary for life insurance, retirement plans, auto & home insurance

Exhibit E: shared life so far- vacations together

All other rest of the evidence people provide is quantity over quality esp. club memberships, cards, messages etc. Those are needed if the above five are weak.

You need to clearly connect the dots for them. They will not do it for you. 

Most applications get derailed if Exhibit A of co-habitation is not complete or not clearly explained or not first. It puts everything else into higher scrutiny. Time and again I have seen on this forum people make this mistake.

51 minutes ago, tu2008 said:

Most applications get derailed if Exhibit A of co-habitation is not complete or not clearly explained or not first. It puts everything else into higher scrutiny. Time and again I have seen on this forum people make this mistake.

This is just incorrect.

it might increase the change of an interview but that is about it.

You cannot submit what you do not have and where you put it in the petition is irrelevant.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
1 hour ago, tu2008 said:

Simply providing evidence is not enough. It is best to include a list of evidence saying

Exhibit C shared responsibility of liabilities - tax returns, credit card statements,

Exhibit D : life planning - healthcare proxy, wills, account beneficiary for life insurance, retirement plans, auto & home insurance

All other rest of the evidence people provide is quantity over quality esp. club memberships, cards, messages etc. Those are needed if the above five are weak.

You need to clearly connect the dots for them. They will not do it for you. 

There is no such requirement, that is the talk of lawyers to suck more money out of the clients.

One can simply list/put all the evidences one after another without categorizing as stated.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Fr8dog said:

This is just incorrect.

it might increase the change of an interview but that is about it.

You cannot submit what you do not have and where you put it in the petition is irrelevant.

1 hour ago, arken said:

There is no such requirement, that is the talk of lawyers to suck more money out of the clients.

One can simply list/put all the evidences one after another without categorizing as stated.

You both were approved before the current trends. I know personally what a well put together evidence packet does for you. I never said these were requirements. More like best practices that help. Of course, you cannot include what you do not have. What an attitude both of you!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
5 minutes ago, tu2008 said:

You both were approved before the current trends. I know personally what a well put together evidence packet does for you. I never said these were requirements. More like best practices that help. Of course, you cannot include what you do not have. What an attitude both of you!

You started with 

3 hours ago, tu2008 said:

and I simply said just listing and providing those evidences is good. I don’t even know what was my attitude in saying that. I’ll check.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

7 hours ago, tu2008 said:

Simply providing evidence is not enough. 

It’s literally the requirement. 97% approval rate, by the way. I guarantee you there were plenty in that 97% that did not have detailed, itemized lists and they were FINE.

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

8 hours ago, tu2008 said:

I'm sorry you are offended, but it does not make your initial statement any less incorrect. It is not a current trend in any of the ROC procedures. People do not get derailed based on that. They get derailed because they do not follow instructions and or focus so much on the examples that they forget other things they could have used.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.