Cecilia & Jorge

I130 cases transferred to vermont 2020 (merged)

631 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, nmesparrow said:

Hi, just joined this thread as another annoyed person who’s case was transferred to Vermont. I originally applied online Sept 20, 2020 and was at the Nebraska location. There was no update for a while so in January I submitted a question about how long it had been without any updates through my USCIS account. They replied that that I needed to check processing times in Vermont. This was the first time I was aware I had been moved to Vermont. No messages or emails.

I’m a Us citizen here in the states and my wife is in Thailand. What really upsets us is that some other people from Thailand who have applied within a couple weeks of us already have had their cases approved and one is NVC. Frustrating that they don’t even send me any updates. I had to find out my case was transferred because I sent a message.

Yes it is a very painful and cruel process we are in the same boat since October 2019 no info whatsoever always have to call and find out that there's no update .Now since 2 weeks calling Uscis no live person computerized voice and in the end voice hang up the phone.😠🤯I don't know if anyone else have this experience recently can't call Uscis office anymore to have any updates. I'm also a born citizen but looks like who cares.so u r not alone it's been 15 painful months  for us. 😢

On 1/23/2021 at 5:11 PM, podeena said:

Hi  is anyone have any good news ? It's been painful15 months annoying wait.🙏🙏

We're still waiting too. 15 months have passed and nothing; It's so frustrating because my husband lives here with me and he's not able to work because he doesn't have an EAD. I contacted my lawyer and he said it's a waiting game now because of COVID. Not like USCIS has been fast anyway. I hope with this new administration things move faster for all of us; will keep you guys posted if I hear anything.

What really makes me angry is that my wife knows some people who filed within two weeks of us that have been approved and one is NVA already. Of course they're application is at the Nebraska office. She's part of a community of people going through this process in Thailand and said in the past week an average of 8 people a day have posted that they have been approved. Which frustrates me more.

Just out of curiosity what are the last names of the US citizens applying for their spouse? Mine is Le.

Edited by nmesparrow
Added

23 hours ago, nmesparrow said:

What really makes me angry is that my wife knows some people who filed within two weeks of us that have been approved and one is NVA already. Of course they're application is at the Nebraska office. She's part of a community of people going through this process in Thailand and said in the past week an average of 8 people a day have posted that they have been approved. Which frustrates me more.

Just out of curiosity what are the last names of the US citizens applying for their spouse? Mine is Le.

I feel you. It's hard to see people getting approved within weeks or months max.  I was told that country of the beneficiary matters (but that wouldn't apply on your case) and then each case is different with so many variables. My last name is Ruiz.  I hope you we all hear something good soon

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Lena03 said:

I feel you. It's hard to see people getting approved within weeks or months max.  I was told that country of the beneficiary matters (but that wouldn't apply on your case) and then each case is different with so many variables. My last name is Ruiz.  I hope you we all hear something good soon

Knowing that it depends on the country makes me feel discriminated 😢

• 2 weeks later...

When I go the "check the status" page of USCIS and type in my reciept number it it still says my case is in Nebraska. When I log into my account it also says my case is in Nebraska. I've never received a letter stating that my case was moved to Vermont. The reason I found out my case was moved to Vermont was I asked them through my account about my status and was told with a response message. From what I've heard this isn't normal. Has anyone else had this situation?

20210204_055409.jpg

Edited by nmesparrow

Timeline
9 minutes ago, nmesparrow said:

When I go the "check the status" page of USCIS and type in my reciept number it it still says my case is in Nebraska. When I log into my account it also says my case is in Nebraska. I've never received a letter stating that my case was moved to Vermont. The reason I found out my case was moved to Vermont was I asked them through my account about my status and was told with a response message. From what I've heard this isn't normal. Has anyone else had this situation?

20210204_055409.jpg

you filed in September 2020 nd we filed in Oct 2019 nd still waiting our case is at Vermont like yours they transferred our case without notifying us so be patientce 

47 minutes ago, nmesparrow said:

20210204_055409.jpg

I am trying to see if there is a pattern for people who get transferred to Vermont.

1. Is the petitioner/beneficiary muslim or from predominantly muslim country?

2. Does you case have any red flags (huge age difference, multiple prior marriages etc.)?

Thanks! Hope this isn't a bad new and you get approved fast!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Got approval email, thank God!

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

23 minutes ago, Okalian said:

Got approval email, thank God!

Congrats! Hope you dont mind answering a few questions so we can benefit from your experience:
1. How long did it take from I-130 NOA1 to NOA2 for you?

2. Did you have any red flags in your applications?

3. Was your case sent directly to Vermont or transferred to it?

4. In case your case was later transferred to Vermont? Do you know how much time after NOA1 it was transferred?

Also, did you get any RFEs or did they tell why your case took so long?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, darth vader said:

Congrats! Hope you dont mind answering a few questions so we can benefit from your experience:
1. How long did it take from I-130 NOA1 to NOA2 for you?

2. Did you have any red flags in your applications?

3. Was your case sent directly to Vermont or transferred to it?

4. In case your case was later transferred to Vermont? Do you know how much time after NOA1 it was transferred?

Also, did you get any RFEs or did they tell why your case took so long?

Hi!

1. I didn't get either notices, all was vja status update. PD was March 2019, so it took a while.

2. I think it was straight forward enough! Nothing out of the ordinary.

3. It was transferred to Vermont from Nebraska.

4. It was transferred in February 2020.

I filed an Ombudsman request about 10 days ago. Not sure if this triggered the approval or coincidentally they were already working on my petition.

Wife's I-130:

1 hour ago, Okalian said:

Hi!

1. I didn't get either notices, all was vja status update. PD was March 2019, so it took a while.

2. I think it was straight forward enough! Nothing out of the ordinary.

3. It was transferred to Vermont from Nebraska.

4. It was transferred in February 2020.

I filed an Ombudsman request about 10 days ago. Not sure if this triggered the approval or coincidentally they were already working on my petition.

Thanks, more follow-ups:

1. Did you ever contact your senator to inquire why USCIS was taking this long?

2. Looking at your timeline it looks like you are a naturalized U.S.C. who was sponsored by a U.S.C. via marriage that ended in divorce very soon after you becoming LPR. I am not judging you at all but I think that may have been a red flag?

3. Finally, for a noob like me, have you seen any patterns for folks who get held up at Vermont service center for too long? Like all being from muslim countries or other red flags etc.?

Good luck with rest of the process. Hope your spouse is reunited with you in the U.S. quickly!

Timeline
11 hours ago, nmesparrow said:

20210204_055409.jpg

Is anyone else status page says where there case is processing pls check because mine doesn't say that from the day one its just say "being processed at our E filed case processing section location " it doesn't say it's in taxes where we filed or in  Vermont where they said it's transferred without any email or letter??🤔🤯 It is 15 months annoying wait and not knowing where the case is processing or not even??? please share if anyone else have same.thx

Timeline
7 hours ago, darth vader said:

Thanks, more follow-ups:

1. Did you ever contact your senator to inquire why USCIS was taking this long?

2. Looking at your timeline it looks like you are a naturalized U.S.C. who was sponsored by a U.S.C. via marriage that ended in divorce very soon after you becoming LPR. I am not judging you at all but I think that may have been a red flag?

3. Finally, for a noob like me, have you seen any patterns for folks who get held up at Vermont service center for too long? Like all being from muslim countries or other red flags etc.?

Good luck with rest of the process. Hope your spouse is reunited with you in the U.S. quickly!

1. I didn't contact my senator since i didn't exhaust existing options (ONPT and Ombudsman requests)

2. The divorce wasn't a red flag. Any scrutiny was already established at the time of removing conditions and N-400. The focus now is on the conditions of approving the i-130.

You keep asking about the red flag question :) Is there something in your petition that seems as such? If you didn't establish enough evidence with the petition, then they may send you an RFE. If they see something beyond that, then they can reject the petition altogether (like in this case).

3. Check the forum's timelines for any country you choose and will give you an idea if they target them for delays or not. I have seen many people here get approvals from countries with a majorly muslim population. I don't think your delay is intentional based on that.

Wife's I-130:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.