Cecilia & Jorge

I130 cases transferred to vermont 2020 (merged)

631 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 11/14/2020 at 11:22 AM, podeena said:

No beneficiary is in abroad I also wonder why they send our case to field office then ??🤔 Is anyone else experiencing the same?

our was sent to the field office but whenever we called to find out where is our case always they gave us different information first time taxes then Vermont then field office then again taxes God knows what is going on it's been 13 months

Timeline
On 10/29/2020 at 8:31 PM, Lena03 said:

Same here. I read on a Facebook group that's a glitch. Also, some people say it's a new format. I now have three tabs -  case status, case history and documents; There's no info in the case history tab though.

Hi I just checked today now I have three tabs instead of two and in case history tab the message is saying that invalid date case was received and A receipt notice was emailed. Is anyone have this message 🤔 this is new tab case history? Just came today??

On 11/18/2020 at 6:30 PM, podeena said:

Hi I just checked today now I have three tabs instead of two and in case history tab the message is saying that invalid date case was received and A receipt notice was emailed. Is anyone have this message 🤔 this is new tab case history? Just came today??

I just checked mine and it's same as yours :(. It's been over 13 months now

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Has anyone applying from abroad had any luck updating their mailing address? Petitioner and beneficiary live abroad so have no access to online tools, filed online.

Husband and I moved in October and I've been trying to update it with absolutely no luck. Chatted with Emma early Nov and was advised to mail a letter to VSC notifying them of the changes. Letter was accepted but no updates made, so I called USCIS last week and got my situation reffered to a Tier 2 officer so they could update address on the system within 7 business days. 

Today was 7th business day and I received a form email saying my case was "is pending and is within our current processing time" but no update to my address on MyUSCIS. When I go to the MyUSCIS profile screen it  just says our address can't be updated at this point in the process.

Guessing I probably have to call again, but wondering if anyone has successfully managed to deal with this.

3 hours ago, dandl0504 said:

Has anyone applying from abroad had any luck updating their mailing address? Petitioner and beneficiary live abroad so have no access to online tools, filed online.

Husband and I moved in October and I've been trying to update it with absolutely no luck. Chatted with Emma early Nov and was advised to mail a letter to VSC notifying them of the changes. Letter was accepted but no updates made, so I called USCIS last week and got my situation reffered to a Tier 2 officer so they could update address on the system within 7 business days. 

Today was 7th business day and I received a form email saying my case was "is pending and is within our current processing time" but no update to my address on MyUSCIS. When I go to the MyUSCIS profile screen it  just says our address can't be updated at this point in the process.

Guessing I probably have to call again, but wondering if anyone has successfully managed to deal with this.

Have you tried  AR-11 through USCIS website? I've read once you submit a petition and want to change address at a later point, this is the best way to do so.

https://www.uscis.gov/ar-11

Edited by Lena03

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 12/15/2020 at 11:13 AM, Lena03 said:

Have you tried  AR-11 through USCIS website? I've read once you submit a petition and want to change address at a later point, this is the best way to do so.

https://www.uscis.gov/ar-11

Unfortunately we can't use the AR-11 tool since both we're both living outside the US now and there's no way to input a foreign address. Thanks for the suggestion though!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 12/16/2020 at 5:57 AM, dandl0504 said:

Unfortunately we can't use the AR-11 tool since both we're both living outside the US now and there's no way to input a foreign address. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I managed to change the address after speaking to an agent.

My case has been filed in March 2019 and so far no changes since being transferred to VSC in February 2020. The previous service center (Nebraska) is now processing cases from April 2020! Their reasoning for transferring to Vermont was to "speed up things" but this is obviously the opposite. VSC now shows current cases are ones filed May 2018..

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Timeline
On 1/9/2021 at 5:21 AM, Okalian said:

My case has been filed in March 2019 and so far no changes since being transferred to VSC in February 2020. The previous service center (Nebraska) is now processing cases from April 2020! Their reasoning for transferring to Vermont was to "speed up things" but this is obviously the opposite. VSC now shows current cases are ones filed May 2018..

Same here filed in oct 19 transferred to VSC in Feb  previous TSC now processing May 2020 that's the speed up things and not to delay your case statement on their website 🤔🤯 can't do anything frustration and stress you're not alone in this just hope for the best and pray 🙏 so our spouse will be with us soon.its been almost 15 months??😔

Timeline
On 1/11/2021 at 6:56 AM, podeena said:

Same here filed in oct 19 transferred to VSC in Feb  previous TSC now processing May 2020 that's the speed up things and not to delay your case statement on their website 🤔🤯 can't do anything frustration and stress you're not alone in this just hope for the best and pray 🙏 so our spouse will be with us soon.its been almost 15 months??😔

Hi is anyone call uscis recently and they didn't give you live person to talk regardless whatever you ask and then they hang up on your call I have this experience recently please let me know it's not just me.🤔

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
On 1/9/2021 at 4:21 AM, Okalian said:

You can look at my posts - I was in the same boat (May 2019) You preserve the queue from the original service center you filed with (confirmed when I chatted with USCIS, also by Ombudsman). So, what I would do, if I were you is submit an “out of normal processing time” (ONPT) request. Submit this via the online chat feature. They’ll send you confirmation of your query and will respond to it officially.

Hopefully, that‘ll resolve that. In my case, it didn’t. I escalated to Ombudsman, and then Vermont SC sent me an RFE, which I completed. I would recommend the same for you, be prepared to file an Ombudsman request. None of this costs anything, except time.

Moral of the story: Be prepared to follow through and escalate. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 1/16/2021 at 6:10 PM, kwijibo123 said:

You can look at my posts - I was in the same boat (May 2019) You preserve the queue from the original service center you filed with (confirmed when I chatted with USCIS, also by Ombudsman). So, what I would do, if I were you is submit an “out of normal processing time” (ONPT) request. Submit this via the online chat feature. They’ll send you confirmation of your query and will respond to it officially.

Hopefully, that‘ll resolve that. In my case, it didn’t. I escalated to Ombudsman, and then Vermont SC sent me an RFE, which I completed. I would recommend the same for you, be prepared to file an Ombudsman request. None of this costs anything, except time.

Moral of the story: Be prepared to follow through and escalate. 

I made an ONPT inquiry and they said it's within normal processing time. Im not familiar with filing an Ombudsman request. I will look into it.

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Timeline
7 hours ago, podeena said:

Hi  is anyone have any good news ? It's been painful15 months annoying wait.🙏🙏

same here still waiting since 15 months

Hi, just joined this thread as another annoyed person who’s case was transferred to Vermont. I originally applied online Sept 20, 2020 and was at the Nebraska location. There was no update for a while so in January I submitted a question about how long it had been without any updates through my USCIS account. They replied that that I needed to check processing times in Vermont. This was the first time I was aware I had been moved to Vermont. No messages or emails.

I’m a Us citizen here in the states and my wife is in Thailand. What really upsets us is that some other people from Thailand who have applied within a couple weeks of us already have had their cases approved and one is NVC. Frustrating that they don’t even send me any updates. I had to find out my case was transferred because I sent a message.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.