Cecilia & Jorge

I130 cases transferred to vermont 2020 (merged)

631 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, sar sha said:

Oh okay! So do we go by processing times for our original service center when doing the service request? Because mine was texas and was transferred to Vermont. Texas is 7-10 months and vermont is 21-27 months.  Also, how many months has it been for you since PD? 

It has been 15 months for us my PD is June 24, 2019. I am so sorry but i have no idea for your case but i was told by my lawyer that my case would not go by that processing time. Also the notice letter we got for the transfer stated that the transfer was not to delay processing. My only assumption was in our case that time was not applied to us. But to be honest i have been given all types of answers i just do not even research anymore  or ask because the only person who knows is the one handling your case. I have called immigration numerous times and i have been told that to go by Vermont processing times.  

48 minutes ago, Cecilia & Jorge said:

It has been 15 months for us my PD is June 24, 2019. I am so sorry but i have no idea for your case but i was told by my lawyer that my case would not go by that processing time. Also the notice letter we got for the transfer stated that the transfer was not to delay processing. My only assumption was in our case that time was not applied to us. But to be honest i have been given all types of answers i just do not even research anymore  or ask because the only person who knows is the one handling your case. I have called immigration numerous times and i have been told that to go by Vermont processing times.  

So they let you make a service request even if it wasnt over vermont processing time? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, sar sha said:

Did you go by your original service processing times or vermont in order to do the service request? Also when was your PD? 

we didn't get any transfer notes we called twice to tier2 they said our case is at taxes service centre and they submit an service request for us and our PD was Oct 24 /2019 

Timeline
Just now, moneeb Iqbal said:

we didn't get any transfer notes we called twice to tier2 they said our case is at taxes service centre and they submit an service request for us and our PD was Oct 24 /2019 

tier 2 gave us 1 month timeframe I hope we will get approval its been 11 months

1 hour ago, Cecilia & Jorge said:

oh okay! When you make a request doesn't it say you should get a call back within 15 days. Did you get a call? Because i made a service request and they said in an email "Our system shows that a Service Request was created for you on September 1, 2020 regarding the status of your I-130 petition. Your Service Request was assigned to the Texas Service Center and given Referral ID number" and then said "The Texas Service Center should respond to you within 15 days from the date the Service Request was created informing you of what the office has done to resolve the issue you raised. If you do not receive a response to your inquiry or further notice concerning your case within 30 days, please contact the USCIS Contact Center for additional information." So im so confused because they transferred me to vermont but it says texas. 

1 hour ago, sar sha said:

oh okay! When you make a request doesn't it say you should get a call back within 15 days. Did you get a call? Because i made a service request and they said in an email "Our system shows that a Service Request was created for you on September 1, 2020 regarding the status of your I-130 petition. Your Service Request was assigned to the Texas Service Center and given Referral ID number" and then said "The Texas Service Center should respond to you within 15 days from the date the Service Request was created informing you of what the office has done to resolve the issue you raised. If you do not receive a response to your inquiry or further notice concerning your case within 30 days, please contact the USCIS Contact Center for additional information." So im so confused because they transferred me to vermont but it says texas. 

No  we were not told that we would get a call instead that we would just get notice within 30 days. I received the notice by email. Wow i have been seeing in all the groups that i follow here and on Facebook that a lot of people are having troubles with the whole transferring mess. That they really don't know where their cases are. Fortunately our case was transferred and we got notice of it i called and made sure and sure enough it was just that.

3 hours ago, moneeb Iqbal said:

we also made service request on 8/28/2020  we tier 2 said we will get response by 28 sep now let's see 

well thank goodness you got a date because they pretty much told us to just wait

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Cecilia & Jorge said:

well thank goodness you got a date because they pretty much told us to just wait

the date we got it's by Emma but tier 2 said by 12 September we will contact back 

IMG-20200909-WA0012.jpg

Timeline
9 minutes ago, sar sha said:

How do we chat with emma like that lol? every time i speak she just gives me very generic responses with like links 

just go to live chat with Emma and type live representative 

6 minutes ago, moneeb Iqbal said:

the date we got it's by Emma but tier 2 said by 12 September we will contact back 

IMG-20200909-WA0012.jpg

oh OK i see well that yes, i thought they already responded to the service request and gave you date for the decision. I hope they give you good news and a direct response to what is going on with your case. I don't know if you seen what they responded to us but it was very direct and it seemed like great news after feeling so clueless. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Cecilia & Jorge said:

oh OK i see well that yes, i thought they already responded to the service request and gave you date for the decision. I hope they give you good news and a direct response to what is going on with your case. I don't know if you seen what they responded to us but it was very direct and it seemed like great news after feeling so clueless. 

me to I hope they will give me good news and a final date when they are going to make decision 

5 hours ago, Cecilia & Jorge said:

Do you know why time was not applied to you? I know they say that relocation should not effect processing times. I was called and they said that your new center has Jurisdiction over processing times. So it would be that processing times from your PD. Did you expedite? 

21 hours ago, sar sha said:

Do you know why time was not applied to you? I know they say that relocation should not effect processing times. I was called and they said that your new center has Jurisdiction over processing times. So it would be that processing times from your PD. Did you expedite? 

I don't want you to be confused,  i am not saying Vermont's processing times don't apply to us. I said i Believed what was told to me by my lawyer and the notice letter we got when we were transferred. Again my lawyer told me we were outside of processing time in July 2020, the notice letter mentioned that our processing time would not be delayed due to the transfer. In that case when we were transferred from Nebraska and at that time Nebraska was processing cases from one year to about 14 months now they have the processing time of 6.5 months. Not that it matters now but i figured it would kind of be ridiculous to be transferred from somewhere that has less time then to somewhere that has to much wait time if that makes sense. we are going on 14 months now the service request already advised us that our case is with an officer and we would get a decision soon so again i don't know what to believe everyone's case is different. I met a couple on here that they applied and got transferred on the same day as us and they were approved a month after their transfer. No we did not expedite we do not have reason to expedite.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.