mirchi

N 400 February 2020 Filers

763 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

My biometrics is scheduled on March 19th at the Forth Worth ASC. That week is spring break for our kids and we had planned a trip, so is it possible to go for the Biometrics sometime next week (say 11th or 12th)?  Does anyone have experience or know about early walk-ins at the Fort Worth ASC? Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
32 minutes ago, bzbee said:

My biometrics is scheduled on March 19th at the Forth Worth ASC. That week is spring break for our kids and we had planned a trip, so is it possible to go for the Biometrics sometime next week (say 11th or 12th)?  Does anyone have experience or know about early walk-ins at the Fort Worth ASC? Thanks.

Answering my own question:  Yes, they allow walkins at the Fort Worth ASC, if they are not very busy. 

Planning to go next Wed, will post my experience.

I know this is a N-400 discussion but is anyone still waiting on their I-751 approval?  We have been waiting 634 days... Since June 2018.  Should we be worried?  Now seeing people who applied almost a year after us getting approved. 

1 hour ago, mikedany said:

I know this is a N-400 discussion but is anyone still waiting on their I-751 approval?  We have been waiting 634 days... Since June 2018.  Should we be worried?  Now seeing people who applied almost a year after us getting approved. 

Yes, I have my I751 pending but decided to file N-400 right away since most of the experiences I've read, it speeds up the processing time, since N400 has more priority than I-751.

Filed: Other Timeline
2 hours ago, mikedany said:

I will be honest with you.  I would definitely be concerned if I had a pending I-751 still pending after 2 years.  I have seen many people be done in less than 1 year.  I don't know about Texas though and how it works there.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, mikedany said:

You should consider filing an out of normal processing time request.  It seems very unreasonable that some old cases are waiting that long...makes you worried they misplaced the files.

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App (LIN)

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox 

March 3, 2020: Approved by CSC

N-400

Feb 2, 2020: File N-400 online

Feb 25, 2020: Biometrics

We did. In December.  A month later they replied that it needed more time to go before an officer and they have no idea how long or when that will be....   On another forum on here someone said they "put your file at the bottom of the pile" when you file an out of normal processing time request.  That sounds retaliatory to me.  The I-751 extension letter already expired and got the 551 stamp in passport so I guess we should just wait?  It's just so frustration that they say they are processed in the order received but clearly that is not the case.  We also already had a interview to get the conditional green card in 2016. Also now people are saying they get approved for the N-400 but still have to wait for the I-751.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I just read from our local news that the USCIS Seattle office was closed starting yesterday due to one employee having symptoms and exposure to someone infected with COVID-19. I called USCIS hotline and was able to talk to a person to clarify the info. I was told that the office will open until further notice. My bio-appt is scheduled to be on 3/13/2020. If the closure will extend to the said date, USCIS will automatically rescheduled my bio appt. just want to FYI you all. Always check if offices are open especially during this outbreak and stay safe everyone. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Abisflores said:

So I just read from our local news that the USCIS Seattle office was closed starting yesterday due to one employee having symptoms and exposure to someone infected with COVID-19. I called USCIS hotline and was able to talk to a person to clarify the info. I was told that the office will open until further notice. My bio-appt is scheduled to be on 3/13/2020. If the closure will extend to the said date, USCIS will automatically rescheduled my bio appt. just want to FYI you all. Always check if offices are open especially during this outbreak and stay safe everyone. 

Do you mean that it will be closed until further notice? I saw that on the news; that really stinks especially since that office is such a long wait. Be safe!

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

Do you mean that it will be closed until further notice? I saw that on the news; that really stinks especially since that office is such a long wait. Be safe!

Yes, sorry about that. Lol. But ya, can’t complain anyway. Thank you! 

Filed: Other Timeline

What does it mean when your estimated time for completion completely disappears from your online account?  It used to be there for a few weeks, but it has changed about 3 or 4 times during that time. Then it completely disappears.  It just has the date of application submission now.

Edited by aa1979

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
22 minutes ago, aa1979 said:

What does it mean when your estimated time for completion completely disappears from your online account?  It used to be there for a few weeks, but it has changed about 3 or 4 times during that time. Then it completely disappears.  It just has the date of application submission now.

mine disappeared too..

maybe maintenance? lol.. not sure..

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS  (CSC) FROM K1 VISA

06.23.17 - Application sent

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

07.10.17 - Biomentrics Notice (via Post mail)

07.17.17 - Biometrics schedule

09.16.17 - 10 year GC received

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.26.2020 - Online Application

02.27.2020 - NOA

03.16.2020 - Biometrics Appointment

03.06.2020 - Biometrics Completed (Walk in)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

so I filed my N-400 application on behalf of the military,I have been on active duty 180 days now in which qualified me for expedite naturalization!...I would like to find out if I still have to fill I-751 application even though I have already filled my N-400 through the military?

also I just have 3 months remaining on my 2 year green card.

Edited by Trav228

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, aa1979 said:

let me know if you find out anything! My time estimate changed a couple times then disappeared today.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
36 minutes ago, radarada said:

let me know if you find out anything! My time estimate changed a couple times then disappeared today.

1 hour ago, charmed2006 said:

mine disappeared too..

maybe maintenance? lol.. not sure..

1 hour ago, aa1979 said:

Same here... no estimated time anymore. Hopefully they adjust it for a shorter period :) Do all of you have I751 pending? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.