Jump to content
DAWGY

Told to bring spouse along for my 2nd N400 interview

38 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Other Timeline

This is a really weird situation . I leave in a different state from my ex cuz of my job . Filed for my citizenship, interview went well but decision could not be made . Two weeks later I got a mail inviting me for another interview and was told spouse must come with me . We both made it to the interview and was immediately separated and question . We answered everything correctly. I really don’t know what’s going on . My wife and I live in different states but showed proof why we don’t live together . She’s very sick and had to stay back at her home state so we can get  health insurance from her native Americans tribe . We had doctors notes and letters to proof . It’s been 3 months and 6 day’s now . No status update . I’m helpless !! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Other Timeline
26 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

I am confused, you said your ex, are you divorced?

This is a really weird situation . I live in a different state cuz of my job . Filed for my citizenship, interview went well but decision could not be made . Two weeks later I got a mail inviting me for another interview and was told spouse must come with me . We both made it to the interview and was immediately separated and question . We answered everything correctly. I really don’t know what’s going on . My wife and I live in different states but showed proof why we don’t live together . She’s very sick and had to stay back at her home state so we can get  health insurance from her native Americans tribe . We had doctors notes and letters to proof . It’s been 3 months and 6 day’s now . No status update . I’m helpless

27 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

I am confused, you said your ex, are you divorced?

Typo error . I meant my job . I’m still married . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

So assuming that saying she was your "ex" was just a typo, and also that you filed under the 3 year rule, I guess they questioned whether you were actually still married.  Personally, I have not heard of a Stokes style interview at the N400 stage, but I suppose if they are suspicious of the marriage, it is possible.  Not sure what local office you are going through, but the delay may be simply due to processing delays there.

 

Did you in fact file under the 3 year rule?  Also, if you did, do you have a pending I751?

 

Good Luck!


Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Other Timeline
Just now, Bill & Katya said:

So assuming that saying she was your "ex" was just a typo, and also that you filed under the 3 year rule, I guess they questioned whether you were actually still married.  Personally, I have not heard of a Stokes style interview at the N400 stage, but I suppose if they are suspicious of the marriage, it is possible.  Not sure what local office you are going through, but the delay may be simply due to processing delays there.

 

Did you in fact file under the 3 year rule?  Also, if you did, do you have a pending I751?

 

Good Luck!

I had my 10 year green card before applying . Yes , I did apply based on the 3 year rule . The stokes interview was pretty brief . Lasted less than 10minutes . I really don’t know what they want or what the delay is for . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Stokes interview is not common for a N400 unless there wasn't an interview at ROC, you are filing under 3 year rule and the filing is weak.   

 

If everything matched up you should be good.

 

Did you already have the ROC interview?


March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Other Timeline
5 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

A Stokes interview is not common for a N400 unless there wasn't an interview at ROC, you are filing under 3 year rule and the filing is weak.   

 

If everything matched up you should be good.

 

Did you already have the ROC interview?

No I didn’t have an interview . I only had an interview when I applied to adjust status . That was before I was issued a 2 year green card . Roc was approved without an interview . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No way around it. You are applying under the 3 yr rule, you are not living together. They don't believe something or they would not have question her the last time. Now they want a second interview and she must attend. Not going could be a straight out denial. 

I would bet the first interview was not a STOKES interview being it only lasted 10 mins. But this next interview most likely will be. 


Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

No way around it. You are applying under the 3 yr rule, you are not living together. They don't believe something or they would not have question her the last time. Now they want a second interview and she must attend. Not going could be a straight out denial. 

I would bet the first interview was not a STOKES interview being it only lasted 10 mins. But this next interview most likely will be. 

The OP has already stated that both interviews had occurred, one by themselves, and one with the spouse.  Their real questions seems to be why after 3+ months, there is still no decision.


Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Other Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

No way around it. You are applying under the 3 yr rule, you are not living together. They don't believe something or they would not have question her the last time. Now they want a second interview and she must attend. Not going could be a straight out denial. 

I would bet the first interview was not a STOKES interview being it only lasted 10 mins. But this next interview most likely will be. 

We already had the second interview . The second one was like a stokes interview . I guess it lasted 10mins for each of us cuz they were convinced. It’s been 3 months and a few days since we had our interview . No word from them yet . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, DAWGY said:

We already had the second interview . The second one was like a stokes interview . I guess it lasted 10mins for each of us cuz they were convinced. It’s been 3 months and a few days since we had our interview . No word from them yet . 

Ah I misread it.

The wait is terrible lately. You could be waiting a long time yet. 

7 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

The OP has already stated that both interviews had occurred, one by themselves, and one with the spouse.  Their real questions seems to be why after 3+ months, there is still no decision.

That is what I get for reading fast. 


Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Just now, Ontarkie said:

Ah I misread it.

The wait is terrible lately. You could be waiting a long time yet. 

That is what I get for reading fast. 

Been there, done that.


Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The requirement filing 3 years is not just being married but living in marital union, and it is presumed you have to be living together for that. I am guessing that is the main reason for the separate husband and wife interviews. So maybe surprising the interviews were so short.

 

Like others, don’t know why it’s taking so long to reach a decision, other than it doesn’t seem that unusual, number of posters here have been waiting a few months for a decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, DAWGY said:

English is not my first language . I corrected that already . 

USCIS seems to be naturally suspicious of gaining LPR through marriage so you are not alone in that. You're also not far from the 120-day point when you can request information using InfoPass or other means, maybe even your local congress person. The wait is nerve wracking, I'm sure, but you have avenues to inquire about your application. And hopefully you didn't accidentally say "ex" during the first interview or in written communication to give the impression of parapraxis.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Other Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mounat02 said:

USCIS seems to be naturally suspicious of gaining LPR through marriage so you are not alone in that. You're also not far from the 120-day point when you can request information using InfoPass or other means, maybe even your local congress person. The wait is nerve wracking, I'm sure, but you have avenues to inquire about your application. And hopefully you didn't accidentally say "ex" during the first interview or in written communication to give the impression of parapraxis.

 

I seriously don’t know why I was invited for a second interview . I only know the IO wasn’t very  friendly during my first interview  . She seemed very serious and only asked So many  questions about my marriage . She was more relaxed when I came in for the second interview with my wife . After the second interview she said “I’m glad your wife is willing to go thru this process with you . she’s not a ghost “ She then said I’ll here back in 30 days . My wife and I have been really worried about how long this is taking . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...