DAWGY

Told to bring spouse along for my 2nd N400 interview

38 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, DAWGY said:

I didn’t mention the word ex in my interview . That was worded wrong here . The IO wanted to know why my wife and I don’t leave together . I showed him proof that we share funds together and proof that she needs to remain at a different state else she’ll loose her health insurance . She’s very ill and her treatment could cost thousands monthly . We was lucky she’s part Native American , so her tribe pays for the insurance. We provided all that proof with doctors notes and so many other Paperwork . 

But if she is sooo sick, why are you not living with her to help it? Sorry,  but I can't think be far away from my husband if he is in this situation. 

38 minutes ago, Juli. said:

But if she is sooo sick, why are you not living with her to help it? Sorry,  but I can't think be far away from my husband if he is in this situation. 

Clearly you are not familiar with job opportunities in general, and for non-native Americans in particular, on tribal land/reservations. What does it help to have no income at all?

i guess everyone is different but if I was so sick, and at home near family, I wouldn’t want my husband to be stuck there jobless to “look after” me. Rather be setting up for when I’m better and we can move on with our lives. Or saving enough that coming to live with me isn’t a burden/need to use welfare.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, Juli. said:

Try being broke and not working with a seriously sick spouse in the USA. You will understand his situation. This is not Europe with many social nets to fall back on. Both comments you’ve made come across very judgmental perhaps inadvertently.

Edited by Ray.Bonaquist

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Filed: Other Timeline
2 hours ago, Juli. said:

her tribe has only provides housing and health insurance . We still have car notes , insurance , phone and other bills to pay . You clearly don’t know how tough it can be for some people out there. 

Just now, DAWGY said:

her tribe has only provides housing and health insurance . We still have car notes , insurance , phone and other bills to pay . You clearly don’t know how tough it can be for some people out there. 

Oh. I really know. I was in a hospital por more than 1 year, and my husband worked double to pay for everything. And this is why I'm asking you about not be able to be with her in this situation! Is horrible be far from the person we love more if we are sick.

I hope she gets better soon. 

9 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

I wouldn’t say “very common,” and particularly not in the context of marriage-based immigration.

Based on comments from immigration lawyers, they get those cases a lot.  Not sure if they are 1% of the cases, 5%, 10%, or more, or somewhere in between.  My own case was like that as well.  The IO for AOS didn't make a big deal out of it, although he suggested the service center may scrutinize it more for ROC, but he wasn't sure either way.

9 minutes ago, Ray.Bonaquist said:

Try being broke and not working with a seriously sick spouse in the USA. You will understand his situation. This is not Europe with many social nets to fall back on. Both comments you’ve made come across very judgmental perhaps inadvertently.

Who told you about not working? Oh my dear, I know very well what is be  living here with a serious health problem and this is why I asked him about it. You are being judgmental with me too. So, go to relax a little bit before tell me that I don't understand.  You don't know my background. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The bickering has continued, and another post has been removed.

Therefore, this thread is closed to further comment.

It's moved from the US Citizenship main forum to the Case Progress subforum.

The OP is free to start another thread when he has further news to report.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.