53 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

This is for @laylalex and @Boiler since they like to critique wardrobe.  So is this a signal?

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema's blue dress stands out in a sea of white at the State of the Union

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/sen-kyrsten-sinemas-blue-dress-stands-out-in-a-sea-of-white-at-the-state-of-the-union/ar-BBZF1A7

I missed the whole thing last night because it was somebody's birthday. 

Ugly sleeves on that dress, though the color is quite nice and the fit looks decent. 

1 hour ago, missileman said:

Pelosi really showed her (back side) last night.  What an immature, disrespectful thing to do.  She just gave the Republicans EVERYTHING needed for an effective ad campaign.  

Your approval ratings post  yesterday had Trump at something like ~98% approval with Republicans. I don't think they really need an add campaign, and I'm not sure there is anything (good or bad) that Pelosi can do to change that.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Your approval ratings post  yesterday had Trump at something like ~98% approval with Republicans. I don't think they really need an add campaign, and I'm not sure there is anything (good or bad) that Pelosi can do to change that.

They could try impeaching him again.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, Bill & Katya said:

They could try impeaching him again.

I wouldn't be surprised at all.......What else can they do? 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

I think the Democrats have to focus on what liberal voters want and try to pick up some independent support. Their chances are already slim for 2020. If they don't focus, it will move to none PDQ.  

I think only Bernie has a chance because he picks up young voters/voters who normally do not vote for anyone at all, even if like you said the chance is small. But the DNC is self sabotaging as usual and hates him, so they will prop up another candidate with zero chance. I've already seen a lot of voters of Warren and Bernie say they are not gonna vote at all after what happened in Iowa, in fact may vote for trump out of spite. Its sad and I do not blame them. Obviously its anecdotal but its interesting in the year the dems were touting "blue no matter who". They mean hillary clinton/joe biden and all you independents are just supposed to fall in line. The DNC is absolutely horrible and has no right to stand up on a soap box and say the republicans are cruel and racist and horrible after all the things they do, they might just be the most corrupt of all. 

Edited by mandsophia

Timeline
12 minutes ago, mandsophia said:

I think only Bernie has a chance because he picks up young voters/voters who normally do not vote for anyone at all, even if like you said the chance is small. But the DNC is self sabotaging as usual and hates him, so they will prop up another candidate with zero chance. I've already seen a lot of voters of Warren and Bernie say they are not gonna vote at all after what happened in Iowa, in fact may vote for trump out of spite. Its sad and I do not blame them. Obviously its anecdotal but its interesting in the year the dems were touting "blue no matter who". They mean hillary clinton/joe biden and all you independents are just supposed to fall in line. The DNC is absolutely horrible and has no right to stand up on a soap box and say the republicans are cruel and racist and horrible after all the things they do, they might just be the most corrupt of all. 

I thought Bloomberg might have a chance, but I expect his "buying" a nomination would turn off a lot of DNC voters.  I can understand that about Bernie, but he has some pretty radical views that may cause a lot of centrist Democrats to vote Trump.  It will really be interesting to see what happens through at least Super Tuesday, and then up to the convention.

25 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

I think the Democrats have to focus on what liberal voters want and try to pick up some independent support. Their chances are already slim for 2020. If they don't focus, it will move to none PDQ.  

I completely agree, but what they should do and what they actually do could be very different.

Filed: Timeline
55 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I missed the whole thing last night because it was somebody's birthday. 

Ugly sleeves on that dress, though the color is quite nice and the fit looks decent. 

I'd choose that dress any day of the week (and twice on Sunday) over the snobbish white outfits most of those women were wearing.  It has nothing to do with suffrage, it is simply a TDS uniform.

20 minutes ago, mandsophia said:

It does look like the message sent is people don't want the old hierarchy. I know Sanders has been around forever, but he's not really part of the club. Buttigieg is the new guy. I think everyone realizes the corrupt establishment who have been in Washington for ever is not going to suddenly change now. As much as Democrats talk about change though, the party infrastructure is resistant to it. In a way, the same thing is happening to the Democrats now as happened to the Republicans in 2016 with Trump, but IMO the whole superdelegate farce is set up to keep anyone new or unapproved out.

I think if Democrats force the "chosen" candidate on people instead of letting people decide who they want, the backlash from voters will be greater than last time. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

It does look like the message sent is people don't want the old hierarchy. I know Sanders has been around forever, but he's not really part of the club. Buttigieg is the new guy. I think everyone realizes the corrupt establishment who have been in Washington for ever is not going to suddenly change now. As much as Democrats talk about change though, the party infrastructure is resistant to it. In a way, the same thing is happening to the Democrats now as happened to the Republicans in 2016 with Trump, but IMO the whole superdelegate farce is set up to keep anyone new or unapproved out.

I think if Democrats force the "chosen" candidate on people instead of letting people decide who they want, the backlash from voters will be greater than last time. 

I agree, I think party will collapse and that is no exaggeration. I think the thing bernie does wrong however, and Trump did right in 2016, is he outwardly talked about the corruption and was a lot mroe aggressive in his tactics. Every time bernie says anything even a little mean, CNN said he is dividing the party and sexist and racist so I think he gets scared and does not speak on things about the DNC yet. If sanders wants to win, I think he needs to openly say F* you to the dnc on the podium and maybe he will garner more respect, like Trump did. 

Edited by mandsophia

15 minutes ago, mandsophia said:

I agree, I will their party will collapse and that is no exaggeration. I think the thing bernie does wrong however, and Trump did right in 2016, is he outwardly talked about the corruption and was a lot mroe aggressive in his tactics. Every time bernie says anything even a little mean, CNN said he is dividing the party and sexist and racist so I think he gets scared and does not speak on things about the DNC yet. If sanders wants to win, I think he needs to openly say F* you to the dnc on the podium and maybe he will garner more respect, like Trump did. 

I don't think "collapse", but I do see a certain grassroots demographic that has potential to facilitate the formation of a new party should the Democrats keep courting neocons. Not only is this alienating the postmodernist left, but also libertarians. You're approaching significant portions of the Democratic party now. 

Thus far, every grassroots movement like AOC's, in both parties (think tea party, occupy ____, etc.), have been infiltrated by the parties, and absorbed into them. The AOC-Bernie grassroots camp is small now, but if it gets much bigger, you can certainly look to the possibility of a new party forming, especially as they do focus groups and figure out the viability of them as, at minimum, disruptors, never mind another viable party. Looking at their House members, they are growing. They need at least a small handful of Senate members, and you could really see it take off.

And while this would effectively split their vote on a national stage (and its something I favor, more parties=more choice, dilute party power, inherently diluting relationship power the parties benefit from i.e. with the media, bureaus, etc.), it stands, like with Canada, to pull many people away from the Republican party. If they wanted a death knell to the GOP (causing them to never see anywhere near a national majority again) they'd basically split the Dems into two parties. Thing is, it would be a long term objective, which is incompatible with today's immediate gratification/goldfish memory politics. 

As an independent, I just look forward to the parties losing their power one way or another, they are one of the primary problems with corruption. Naturally, their success also has to do with the populace and the way they vote.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

That is why I think this year may be very interesting come convention time.  With the new rules regarding how the party apportions the delegates (no more winner take all primaries/caucuses), there may be no clear winner in July bringing the uncommitted (previously “super”) delegates into play.

1 minute ago, Bill & Katya said:

That is why I think this year may be very interesting come convention time.  With the new rules regarding how the party apportions the delegates (no more winner take all primaries/caucuses), there may be no clear winner in July bringing the uncommitted (previously “super”) delegates into play.

They've got NH next week then Nevada and South Carolina later this month followed by Super Tuesday a month from now.

What I'm interested in is the statistical analysis of Iowa and NH voters. If say Buttigieg and Sanders win out again.. the DNC/establishment will look to who, between those two, are preferred second/third option candidates for Biden voters. If, for example, they are overwhelmingly Buttigieg, then it becomes more likely after NH and possibly Nevada, that the DNC tells Biden to hang it up so his votes can go to Buttigieg and sink Bernie. It becomes more of a likelihood as well if Sanders goes to #1 in the next few caucuses, then you'll see a more desperate DNC.

1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Compelling argument.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”