dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2020

782 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, ghostfoxgoddess said:

Yeah, we were stuck at Nebraska as well — submitted to NVC on Dec 25th, so anxiously awaiting DQ 🙃

Our is Dec 24th, we're almost there. :D

Hi all, first post here.

We just submitted our documents, AOS (I-864ez), & DS-260 for an IR/CR-1 this weekend, so it looks like we'll hear back from the NVC in April.

I'm a USC living with my Swedish husband in the Netherlands. It took right at a year for our I-130 petition to be approved, no RFE. I thought this stage would be easier, but going through posts here it seems like NVC is just as finicky as USCIS with the documents and also backlogged (though timelines are shorter).

Anyway, fingers crossed, and thanks to all who post updates here so we have some idea what to expect.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/14/2020 at 9:36 PM, DeParaquedasBrasi said:

Congratulations!!!! Ive been following your case since we're both in Brazil. I got set back due to the police record not being the right one........the Delegada wasng very helpful, but I think we got the right one now. Do you have an interview date?

Oh no! That sucks! I know it varies by state, but where I live I could get my police record online. That made it much easier. I don't have an interview date yet. I'm actually only now trying to find out how that happens. I think I just gotta wait until they schedule it for me? In this process it always boils down to waiting.

Timeline
1 hour ago, msantanna said:

Oh no! That sucks! I know it varies by state, but where I live I could get my police record online. That made it much easier. I don't have an interview date yet. I'm actually only now trying to find out how that happens. I think I just gotta wait until they schedule it for me? In this process it always boils down to waiting.

Well we originally got ours on-line thinking it was right. NVC accepted everything except the police report. They said it wasn't the right one and it had to be from the right source. Of course we panicked since we have non idea which one is correct. Thankfully our neighbor knew a girl who was approved and told us to get it directly at the Delegacia like she did. Unfortunately the delegada was "offended" that the American government didn't accept it and that it was a complete act of pride......basically she argued for an hour about how it was disrespectful and blah blah blah (I hate Brazilian officials hahaha) My wife had to call me, im in Texas, just so I could kinda explain to the lady what we needed. Anyways we finally got it, barely, and now were just waiting.

oh and yes, the NVC will email you once they schedule it and then you have to go to the AIS visa website and register your interview (but that will all be explained by the email. I was just curious how far out they are scheduling the interviews. If you could share that later I'd appreciate it.

Parabens on your accomplishments, we know its not easy.

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

Husband just submitted our expedite request!

I know the decision comes from Embassy and not NVC, so I've been looking in groups for the term "London Expedite" since that's where ours will go.

I found a London case was given UNCONDITIONAL expedite just last week., skipping NVC completely, because the USC wanted their spouse to be there for their child's birthday (I won't comment re: whether I feel that is actually grounds for an expedite). Ours is for financial burden and is pretty hefty money wise, so I'm feeling hopeful that London aren't extremely strict and will actually consider it!

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• September 14 2018: I-130 NOA1 (TSC)
  • March 19 2019: I-130 NOA2 (186 days)
  • April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)
  • January 24 2020: I-824 NOA2 (273 days)
  • Feb 5 2020: Approved I-130 Sent to NVC (12 days after I-824 NOA2)

NVC Stage:

• February 12 2020: Case Received @ NVC (7 days after being sent)
  • February 16 2020: Expedite Request Sent - Financial Hardship
  • March 7 2020: Case Number Created (23 days after NVC receipt)
  • March 7 2020: IV & AOS Fees Paid (Showed as PAID after 4 days)
  • March 13 2020: IV & AOS Docs Submitted
  • March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)
  • May 04 2020: Documentarily Qualified
  • July 16 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Unconditional!! 
  • July 31 2020: Medical Done
  • August 6 2020: Interview - APPROVED!
  • August 13 2020: CEAC Status - Issued! 😁

6 hours ago, hannahjsf said:

I know the decision comes from Embassy and not NVC, so I've been looking in groups for the term "London Expedite" since that's where ours will go.

I found a London case was given UNCONDITIONAL expedite just last week., skipping NVC completely, because the USC wanted their spouse to be there for their child's birthday (I won't comment re: whether I feel that is actually grounds for an expedite). Ours is for financial burden and is pretty hefty money wise, so I'm feeling hopeful that London aren't extremely strict and will actually consider it!

Did you call the nvc to find out that your case was received?

6 hours ago, Iamtheyeti said:

Did you call the nvc to find out that your case was received?

Yeah I called them every 3 days 😊

Try to call them as early as possible because sometimes you won't get through when the queue is full.

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)

NVC Stage:

• March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)

15 hours ago, hannahjsf said:

I had spoken with the London embassy about expedition, they advised me that they only grant them on humanitarian grounds. My request was on financial grounds as my employment contract in Dublin ends in 2 weeks and i'll need to relocate to the UK and have my husband cover my expenses until I move to the US, additionally I have a job offer in D.C. that will expire soon, so as you can imagine, i'd have liked to not move countries twice in a few months and have the offer withdrawn.

However, good luck with your request! 

5 minutes ago, RPC said:

I had spoken with the London embassy about expedition, they advised me that they only grant them on humanitarian grounds. My request was on financial grounds as my employment contract in Dublin ends in 2 weeks and i'll need to relocate to the UK and have my husband cover my expenses until I move to the US, additionally I have a job offer in D.C. that will expire soon, so as you can imagine, i'd have liked to not move countries twice in a few months and have the offer withdrawn.

I assume they declined yours then? That's pretty unfair since financial hardship is a very valid reason. Did they say why they only approve humanitarian?

Mine is similar to you. I'm on a fixed term contract which ends on March 31st. My husband will need to cover my expenses (which are high as I live close to central London). My husband will also be away for ranger school for two months with no access to his phone or anything, so he won't be able to help me if any unexpected expenses like broken washing machine or something random like that comes up. I don't have an SSN so his bank wouldn't let us open a joint account 🙁

9 minutes ago, RPC said:

Thank you! 🤞💙

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

13 minutes ago, hannahjsf said:

I assume they declined yours then? That's pretty unfair since financial hardship is a very valid reason. Did they say why they only approve humanitarian?

Mine is similar to you. I'm on a fixed term contract which ends on March 31st. My husband will need to cover my expenses (which are high as I live close to central London). My husband will also be away for ranger school for two months with no access to his phone or anything, so he won't be able to help me if any unexpected expenses like broken washing machine or something random like that comes up. I don't have an SSN so his bank wouldn't let us open a joint account 🙁

Thank you! 🤞💙

They didn't officially decline ours as i'm technically still under the Irish embassy, as I asked about expedition when I was requesting a change of embassy, they will only be taking my case when I get past the NVC stage. However, they alluded that it would most likely not be approved. 

Edited by RPC

1 minute ago, RPC said:

They didn't officially decline ours as i'm technically still under the Irish embassy, as I asked about expedition when I was requesting a change of embassy, they will only be taking my case when I get past the NVC stage. However, they alluded that it would most likely not be approved. 

Ah that's crappy.

I'll let you know what the outcome of our request is once we hear back. Thank you for sharing your info! 😊

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Timeline

Good morning!!!!!!
I'm in a situation and I'd like to know your opinion. I submitted my documents for the second time on January 16th (before that, we did not have the w2, 1099 and income tax of my husband of the year 2019 because he lived in Brazil since always). So on January 16 I submitted the documents and we were able to get a joint sponsor to help us. However, the person who will help us has not yet sent us all the documents. Today is one month since I submitted all the other documents.

My question is, should I submit the joint sponsor's documents as soon as they are sent to us or should I take them to the interview?

I wouldn't like to lose this past month, but I'm insecure about it :(

Edited by LOUHAMILTON

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska Service Center

Consulate: Rio de Janeiro

Marriage: 2014/10/11

I-130 sent: 2019/06/26

I-130 NOA1: 2019/07/12

I-129F sent: 2019/08/28

I-129F NOA: 2019/08/30

I-130 Approval: 2019/09/27

I-129F Denial: 2019/09/27

Case sent to NVC: 2019/10/09

Case recive NVC: 2019/10/18

Case Number recive NVC: 2019/11/11

Payment of AOS and IV fees: 2019/11/11

DS 260, AOS and Civil Documents Sub: 2019/11/18

FE Review Note: 2020/01/16

Second Sub: 2020/01/20

DQ: 2020/03/18

36 minutes ago, LOUHAMILTON said:

Good morning!!!!!!
I'm in a situation and I'd like to know your opinion. I submitted my documents for the second time on January 16th (before that, we did not have the w2, 1099 and income tax of my husband of the year 2019 because he lived in Brazil since always). So on January 16 I submitted the documents and we were able to get a joint sponsor to help us. However, the person who will help us has not yet sent us all the documents. Today is one month since I submitted all the other documents.

My question is, should I submit the joint sponsor's documents as soon as they are sent to us or should I take them to the interview?

I wouldn't like to lose this past month, but I'm insecure about it :(

I think you should upload as soon as you receive them.  If you don't they might not look at anything.  And if they do look at your paperwork and all REQUIRED documents are not there, they won't give you an interview unless you submit them online.  That being said, for your husband, did you provide 2018 tax firm or 2019?  If 2018, I think you may just need to provide latest pay stubs (just to prove income is ongoing).  For the joint sponsor, what tax year did they provide u with?  If 2018 you will need that year's paperwork and latest paystubs for proving ongoing income.  If 2019, you need to submit everything online after they provide you with everything.  Good luck! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.