Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Amaterasu said:

Some good news today, my EAD status updated to  "Card Was Mailed To Me" on August 15th.

It took 5 days to get it printed and mailed following my Biometrics being completed. Hopefully I'll have it in hand this week.

Great you'll be working soon!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Amaterasu said:

Some good news today, my EAD status updated to  "Card Was Mailed To Me" on August 15th.

It took 5 days to get it printed and mailed following my Biometrics being completed. Hopefully I'll have it in hand this week.

Wow that’s amazing! Congratulations!! I’ve been approved since 7/7 and have my biometrics appointment tomorrow so I’m hoping similar timeline!! 

19 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Great you'll be working soon!

Started applying today, next challenge in the COVID market.

Ironically I'm finding more remote jobs available from back home in the UK.

• 2020-02-14: Date Filed
  • 2020-02-19: NOA1
  • 2020-03-13: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to conflict)
  • 2020-04-01: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to COVID)
  • 2020-07-15: EAD approved (no biometrics taken)
  • 2020-08-10: Biometrics Appointment (Success)
  • 2020-08-20: EAD in hand
  • 2020-09-21: AOS Interview Scheduled
  • 2020-11-05: AOS Interview + Approval

18 minutes ago, Amaterasu said:

Started applying today, next challenge in the COVID market.

Ironically I'm finding more remote jobs available from back home in the UK.

What’s your line of work? If you don’t mind me asking! Just with us being in the same part of the world.... 

6 minutes ago, Tensheets said:

What’s your line of work? If you don’t mind me asking! Just with us being in the same part of the world.... 

Software Engineer, fortunately there's a few remote roles out there, especially at the moment.

I believe Walmart may be hiring some as well, but I'm not 100% sure if I want to go that route just yet.

What about yourself?

• 2020-02-14: Date Filed
  • 2020-02-19: NOA1
  • 2020-03-13: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to conflict)
  • 2020-04-01: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to COVID)
  • 2020-07-15: EAD approved (no biometrics taken)
  • 2020-08-10: Biometrics Appointment (Success)
  • 2020-08-20: EAD in hand
  • 2020-09-21: AOS Interview Scheduled
  • 2020-11-05: AOS Interview + Approval

Timeline

(1) I have a situation where my date and place of birth have been wrong on all my documents since birth due to a clerical mistake. My documented date of birth is about a month before my actual date of birth, my place of birth is in a totally different town I’ve never been to. The good thing is that every document from my birth certificate to my driver’s license show the same exact information. Would you say this is a problem and I need to do something about it, or should I simply explain it to the officer the same way I’m doing right now? (2) I read that some of you guys get updates on Saturday and Sunday, but I thought USCIS was closed on weekends? (3) My passport expired last month, do I need to have a renewed passport to bring to USCIS, or the old one alone will be fine? Also to renew it I would have to fly across the country and to do so I would need to book flights, should I book a flight before or after I get a date for the biometrics appointment? (wouldn’t want to risk them being on the same day).

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Hey yall... I just wanted to update yall with our progress so far. My husband @osally1 EAD and AP were approved on 8/5/2020( we literally spoke with a USCIS rep the day before and she "couldn't give us any further information"🙄. He called USCIS on Thursday, 08/13/2020 and spoke with a rep who informed him that his biometrics appointment has been rescheduled and to just wait on the notice in the mail for the actual date. The following day 08/14/2020, he received his SSN valid for work only in the mail... which we totally weren't expecting!

2 hours ago, Manuel94 said:

(1) I have a situation where my date and place of birth have been wrong on all my documents since birth due to a clerical mistake. My documented date of birth is about a month before my actual date of birth, my place of birth is in a totally different town I’ve never been to. The good thing is that every document from my birth certificate to my driver’s license show the same exact information. Would you say this is a problem and I need to do something about it, or should I simply explain it to the officer the same way I’m doing right now? (2) I read that some of you guys get updates on Saturday and Sunday, but I thought USCIS was closed on weekends? (3) My passport expired last month, do I need to have a renewed passport to bring to USCIS, or the old one alone will be fine? Also to renew it I would have to fly across the country and to do so I would need to book flights, should I book a flight before or after I get a date for the biometrics appointment? (wouldn’t want to risk them being on the same day).

Thank you

1. If I were you, I would get some legal advice or at least make InfoPass (https://my.uscis.gov/en/appointment/v2) appoint if you are talking about your petition/application.

I believe these documents can be corrected they will give you RFE, but it's better for you to do your homework in advance.

2. To be the best of my knowledge, USCIS doesn't work on weekends though you may receive and/or update your case on weekends.

3. I don't believe biometric schedule requires a passport, but it's worth to bring both an expired passport and drivers license.

AOS                                                                                            ROC

02/20/2020 - AOS package sent to USCIS                          03/31/2023 ROC Package sent to USCIS
02/22/2020 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox      04/03/2023 Package delivered in Carol Stream Lockbox
03/12/2020 - Text notifications received                            04/06/2023 Text notifications received
03/16/2020 - Received NOAs in the mail

05/29/2020 - Received I-693 courtesy letter

08/11/2020 - Completed biometrics appointment

08/25/2020 - EAD card production ordered

06/29/2021 I-485 Interview in New York, NY

06/29/2021 I-485 Approved

Morning everyone!

Happy Monday -- here's hoping some of us get good news this week!

The receipt date for a case outside of normal processing times inquiry for form I-765 at NBC is Feb 20. Ours is Feb 25, so I'm expecting to to submit an inquiry this week. Has anyone done so yet, and is it better to use the online form or call USCIS directly? Thanks!! 

Edited to add: Form I-131 is actually up to Feb 24, so I might submit an inquiry about that one tomorrow.

Edited by LilyKins

02/22/20 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

02/25/20 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

03/17/20 -- Cheques cashed and text messages received

03/20/20 -- Received NOAs in the mail (I-130/I-486/I-765/I-131)

05/04/20 -- Received I-693 courtesy letter

10/11/20 -- Received biometrics notice (finally! Yay!)

10/21/20 -- Biometrics (I485/I765 Code 3, I-131 Code 2 in Hartford, CT)

10/23/20 -- Biometrics applied to all cases (I-485/I-765/I-131)

10/27/20 -- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (location unknown 😅)

11/12/20 -- Second biometrics appointment (I-131, Code 2, in Pittsburgh, PA)

01/20/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Submitted

01/29/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Approved

02/01/21 -- I-765/I-131 Approved

02/16/21 -- Interview was Scheduled

02/17/21 -- Interview confirmed to be scheduled at the wrong FO, request to reschedule interview initiated

03/16/21 -- Interview cancelled, entered into scheduling queue for the correct FO

05/14/21 -- Interview rescheduled

06/25/21 -- Interview completed in Pittsburgh, approved on the spot 🙏❤️ 

Just spoke to an online rep who, though gave every generic response in the book, said I've not yet had any biometrics scheduled. And then she disconnected immediately. So that was fun.

02/22/20 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

02/25/20 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

03/17/20 -- Cheques cashed and text messages received

03/20/20 -- Received NOAs in the mail (I-130/I-486/I-765/I-131)

05/04/20 -- Received I-693 courtesy letter

10/11/20 -- Received biometrics notice (finally! Yay!)

10/21/20 -- Biometrics (I485/I765 Code 3, I-131 Code 2 in Hartford, CT)

10/23/20 -- Biometrics applied to all cases (I-485/I-765/I-131)

10/27/20 -- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (location unknown 😅)

11/12/20 -- Second biometrics appointment (I-131, Code 2, in Pittsburgh, PA)

01/20/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Submitted

01/29/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Approved

02/01/21 -- I-765/I-131 Approved

02/16/21 -- Interview was Scheduled

02/17/21 -- Interview confirmed to be scheduled at the wrong FO, request to reschedule interview initiated

03/16/21 -- Interview cancelled, entered into scheduling queue for the correct FO

05/14/21 -- Interview rescheduled

06/25/21 -- Interview completed in Pittsburgh, approved on the spot 🙏❤️ 

I had a call with uscis Supervisor today, he was very nice and said that they schedule biometrics on Fridays, and expect it to be scheduled this Friday. He said to call them on Monday to check, and if not, ask to run a search WHY. Also, he said that ASC are independent contractors, he said that after my question about uscis furlough.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.