Wiseman239295

I-751 REQUEST FOR RFE

42 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

This is my first time of posting in this forum and based on many posts i have read here I am glad to post my I-751 RFE believing solution to the problem will show up. I received my I-751 RFE from USCIS on the January 22nd 2019 stating that documentation I submitted is insufficient.

The letter states that i have not established eligibility to have the conditions on my residence removed. Please submit your response to this request for evidence along with a copy of this notice.

GOOD FAITH MARRIAGE, INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE.

You provided the following evidence that the marriage was entered in good faith:

Auto insurance, bank statements with no transaction pages, 2016-2017 tax returns, joint checks, health insurance, energy bills, employee benefit information, drivers' licenses, and various mail/travel documents/ car title/ car registration in just your name.

However, the documentation submitted is insufficient because the totality of the evidence does not suggest that the marriage is bona fide. 

To establish eligibility for removal of conditions on residence, please submit additional evidence to show you and your spouse entered the marriage in good faith and continue to share a life together.

The evidence may include, but is not limited to the following:

Children as a result of your marriage:

* copies of the civilly registered birth certificates for any children born to you and the petitioning spouse;

* Adoption decrees of children adopted by you and/or your spouse;

* Court guardianship records of stepchildren;

* School or medical records listing the stepparent as a contact or guardian.

Evidence you and your spouse have resided together and shared responsibility for a common residence such as:

* leases in both names showing joint occupancy;

* deeds and mortgages in both names showing joint ownership;

Evidence you and your spouse have combined financial resources or joint ownership of assets and responsibility for liabilities such as:

* checking, savings or investment account statements showing the transaction pages;

* home, rental, or life insurance documents;

* utility bills; or

* loan or credit card account statements.

Evidence you and your spouse made estate, health and financial planning arrangements with each other such as a will, trust or durable power of attorney for health or property or both.

Any other relevant documents not already mentioned. Please do not send copies of documents previously submitted.

N.B

There is no children in the marriage

My spouse had already mortgaged her house with her late husband, we live together in the same house but the mortgage come from our joint checking accounts. Meaning that we do not have leases or mortgages in both our names.

No home, rental insurance documents but I have life insurance from my employer. Sometime ago around 2017, I have applied for a life insurance but I could not finish the application due to the fact I have not received my green card then. Now, I believe I could call to finish the application. Can I go ahead and submit the document or not in order not to raise a red flag.

Utility bills: Both of us are on light bills. No other bills we have our names on but the pay for other bills come out from the same joint checking we have and definitely i will send the statements of every page of our checking accounts. My spouse has already called the gas company, cable and internet to add me as an authorised user, we can then wait for like two months to receive some documents to submit.

No loan or credit card account statements on both of our names. We do not want any loan. I hope to add my spouse to one of my credit cards, I hope it wont be a red flag.

Kindly please your opinions are welcomed what to do, i am scared because of this RFE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, Wiseman239295 said:

bank statements with no transaction pages

This is your first mistake. Send bank statement again with full and detail of transaction.

Finally, look like all the bill only under one person name, not joining. So, send again anything you not send before( under both name). Also, you can get an affidavit from the person know both of you and write a letter explain why the bill only under one name.

Good luck.

2 hours ago, H&T said:

This is your first mistake. Send bank statement again with full and detail of transaction.

Finally, look like all the bill only under one person name, not joining. So, send again anything you not send before( under both name). Also, you can get an affidavit from the person know both of you and write a letter explain why the bill only under one name.

Good luck.

Thank you very much I have joint accounts with her but initially I didn't send the transaction pages but I will send them this time now. Yes, I will find friends and family to write affidavit too

44 minutes ago, Justxxxx said:

Why not open a joint account with your wife that will be fine. 

We have joint checking and savings account both in our names. Thanks, but what else could I lay my hands on for more evidences.

My question again is about those documents I have just signed for. Do they raise a red flag or it does hurt adding them?

Gas bill, internet bill, life insurance policy. All these documents were just signed for, can I add them for submission when the next bill comes?

Your advice would be appreciated. 

10 hours ago, Justxxxx said:

Why not open a joint account with your wife that will be fine. 

An account opened after the fact would not help.

Although the OP already has a joint account anyway.

3 hours ago, Wiseman239295 said:

My question again is about those documents I have just signed for. Do they raise a red flag or it does hurt adding them?

Gas bill, internet bill, life insurance policy. All these documents were just signed for, can I add them for submission when the next bill comes?

Your advice would be appreciated. 

Any of those documents with both names on them is fine to include.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Other Timeline
16 hours ago, Wiseman239295 said:

Hello everyone,

This is my first time of posting in this forum and based on many posts i have read here I am glad to post my I-751 RFE believing solution to the problem will show up. I received my I-751 RFE from USCIS on the January 22nd 2019 stating that documentation I submitted is insufficient.

The letter states that i have not established eligibility to have the conditions on my residence removed. Please submit your response to this request for evidence along with a copy of this notice.

GOOD FAITH MARRIAGE, INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE.

You provided the following evidence that the marriage was entered in good faith:

Auto insurance, bank statements with no transaction pages, 2016-2017 tax returns, joint checks, health insurance, energy bills, employee benefit information, drivers' licenses, and various mail/travel documents/ car title/ car registration in just your name.

However, the documentation submitted is insufficient because the totality of the evidence does not suggest that the marriage is bona fide. 

To establish eligibility for removal of conditions on residence, please submit additional evidence to show you and your spouse entered the marriage in good faith and continue to share a life together.

The evidence may include, but is not limited to the following:

Children as a result of your marriage:

* copies of the civilly registered birth certificates for any children born to you and the petitioning spouse;

* Adoption decrees of children adopted by you and/or your spouse;

* Court guardianship records of stepchildren;

* School or medical records listing the stepparent as a contact or guardian.

Evidence you and your spouse have resided together and shared responsibility for a common residence such as:

* leases in both names showing joint occupancy;

* deeds and mortgages in both names showing joint ownership;

Evidence you and your spouse have combined financial resources or joint ownership of assets and responsibility for liabilities such as:

* checking, savings or investment account statements showing the transaction pages;

* home, rental, or life insurance documents;

* utility bills; or

* loan or credit card account statements.

Evidence you and your spouse made estate, health and financial planning arrangements with each other such as a will, trust or durable power of attorney for health or property or both.

Any other relevant documents not already mentioned. Please do not send copies of documents previously submitted.

N.B

There is no children in the marriage

My spouse had already mortgaged her house with her late husband, we live together in the same house but the mortgage come from our joint checking accounts. Meaning that we do not have leases or mortgages in both our names.

No home, rental insurance documents but I have life insurance from my employer. Sometime ago around 2017, I have applied for a life insurance but I could not finish the application due to the fact I have not received my green card then. Now, I believe I could call to finish the application. Can I go ahead and submit the document or not in order not to raise a red flag.

Utility bills: Both of us are on light bills. No other bills we have our names on but the pay for other bills come out from the same joint checking we have and definitely i will send the statements of every page of our checking accounts. My spouse has already called the gas company, cable and internet to add me as an authorised user, we can then wait for like two months to receive some documents to submit.

No loan or credit card account statements on both of our names. We do not want any loan. I hope to add my spouse to one of my credit cards, I hope it wont be a red flag.

Kindly please your opinions are welcomed what to do, i am scared because of this RFE

@Wiseman239295 - when did you apply for your I-751? Date received or NOA date?

Do you have homeowner's insurance? Is your name on it? 

BTW, the interests rates are low right now, I don't know what your mortgage interest is, but refinancing might be a good idea now and including you in the the new mortgage of course. 

Edited by Orangesapples

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
5 hours ago, Orangesapples said:

Do you have homeowner's insurance? Is your name on it? 

BTW, the interests rates are low right now, I don't know what your mortgage interest is, but refinancing might be a good idea now and including you in the the new mortgage of course. 

I don't think OP wants to spend 3-4 thousand to refinance primary residence just to get another name on the mortgage. That's why I don't have my wife on the mortgage, I would basically have to refinance just to add her. Every state is a little different, some you can just add your spouse easy peasy, others it's a little more difficult. I will have everything else though to send, but that's a few years off for me. Maybe I'll refi by then, might even have the house paid off. Then easy to add her to the deed.

The homeowners insurance is a good idea, I'm going to see if I can add her to that tomorrow morning.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Wills

Medical power of attorney

power of attorney

letter explaining mortgage

add name to deed

send all pages of joint accounts , checking, saving, credit cards

add to life insurance, car insurance, home insurance if possible

add to loans /leases

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

6 hours ago, RamBam92 said:

@Wiseman239295 - when did you apply for your I-751? Date received or NOA date?

Sept 7th 2019

8 hours ago, databit said:

Add your joint 2018 taxes, and file your 2019 taxes and add them too.

Thank you, I will do that too.

1 hour ago, Loren Y said:

I don't think OP wants to spend 3-4 thousand to refinance primary residence just to get another name on the mortgage. That's why I don't have my wife on the mortgage, I would basically have to refinance just to add her. Every state is a little different, some you can just add your spouse easy peasy, others it's a little more difficult. I will have everything else though to send, but that's a few years off for me. Maybe I'll refi by then, might even have the house paid off. Then easy to add her to the deed.

The homeowners insurance is a good idea, I'm going to see if I can add her to that tomorrow morning.

The thing is, refinancing might be a great financial move in general. We recently refinanced and we spent a few thousand dollars, we even bought some points off the interest rate and we'll break even in less than a year. The interest rates are just pretty low right now and that might not be for much longer. I strongly suggest you to get a few quotes online and do the math. The only issue might be your wife's credit score, hopefully you have some credit cards with a long payment history that you've made her an authorized user on. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.