Wiseman239295

I-751 REQUEST FOR RFE

42 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Orangesapples said:

The thing is, refinancing might be a great financial move in general. We recently refinanced and we spent a few thousand dollars, we even bought some points off the interest rate and we'll break even in less than a year. The interest rates are just pretty low right now and that might not be for much longer. I strongly suggest you to get a few quotes online and do the math. The only issue might be your wife's credit score, hopefully you have some credit cards with a long payment history that you've made her an authorized user on. 

I just completed a refinance myself because of the much lower rates.  My wife (the USC) credit score was much lower and would've resulted in higher fee and worse rates, so I didn't add her to the loan.  However, in the case of OP, the refinance will probably take at least 1 month (excluding the time to do research) which might be too late with respect to the RFE deadline.

Edited by Moe428

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, Orangesapples said:

The thing is, refinancing might be a great financial move in general. We recently refinanced and we spent a few thousand dollars, we even bought some points off the interest rate and we'll break even in less than a year. The interest rates are just pretty low right now and that might not be for much longer. I strongly suggest you to get a few quotes online and do the math. The only issue might be your wife's credit score, hopefully you have some credit cards with a long payment history that you've made her an authorized user on. 

House will be paid off in about 5 years. I'm at 4.012 or so apr on a 30 year loan. Doesn't make sense to refinance. Even if I go with a 15 year refinance and get 3% let's say. Why would I want to pay on my house for 10 more years, granted my payment would be a hundred bucks a month probably, but not a big deal. I'll ride the 5 years out, and the 2 extra payments a year a make, plus paying every 2 weeks instead of once a month I've really knocked it down to where I'm more than good. My last FICO is sitting at 844, and I added my wife to long term cards back when we started the K1 process, and she is sitting with a 780 last time I checked hers. So refinancing would be simple, but I would be better off just throwing the 3000 towards my balance at this point.

FB_IMG_1580191598780.jpg

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

43 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

House will be paid off in about 5 years. I'm at 4.012 or so apr on a 30 year loan. Doesn't make sense to refinance. Even if I go with a 15 year refinance and get 3% let's say. Why would I want to pay on my house for 10 more years, granted my payment would be a hundred bucks a month probably, but not a big deal. I'll ride the 5 years out, and the 2 extra payments a year a make, plus paying every 2 weeks instead of once a month I've really knocked it down to where I'm more than good. My last FICO is sitting at 844, and I added my wife to long term cards back when we started the K1 process, and she is sitting with a 780 last time I checked hers. So refinancing would be simple, but I would be better off just throwing the 3000 towards my balance at this point.

FB_IMG_1580191598780.jpg

I see, so in your situation you don't have much to gain frome refinancing and it doesn't make sense for you to do so. 

4 hours ago, Orangesapples said:

Thank you Orangesapples,

I didn't see this RFE coming at all. She didn't have good credit score bcos she normally tell me. I had just added her to one of my credit cards two days ago as my authorized user and I am think of adding her to another one. My fear is that if it will not raise a red flag. I will also talk to about refinancing the house and see what she says about it.

3 hours ago, Moe428 said:

I just completed a refinance myself because of the much lower rates.  My wife (the USC) credit score was much lower and would've resulted in higher fee and worse rates, so I didn't add her to the loan.  However, in the case of OP, the refinance will probably take at least 1 month (excluding the time to do research) which might be too late with respect to the RFE deadline.

Yee, you are right. What other options do you think I have? No power of attorney, no medical power of attorney, no mortgage or lease, or home owner insurance, no wills, or trust. I have to response b4 April 11. What can I do now that can help me out. Your advise is very helpful. Thanks

2 minutes ago, Wiseman239295 said:

Yee, you are right. What other options do you think I have? No power of attorney, no medical power of attorney, no mortgage or lease, or home owner insurance, no wills, or trust. I have to response b4 April 11. What can I do now that can help me out. Your advise is very helpful. Thanks

If you have till April 11 then you have enough time to do a refinance.  I thought it would be a 30 day deadline.  During the refinance you'll also be able to add her to deed (you can do that without refinancing as well).  With that, you should have strong evidence.

4 hours ago, Wiseman239295 said:

Also, send them all the bank statements with the transaction history. 

I find it hard to believe you don't have homeowner's insurance, most mortgage companies make it mandatory that you do and it's usually even part of your escrow. Look into this. 

54 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

Also, send them all the bank statements with the transaction history. 

I find it hard to believe you don't have homeowner's insurance, most mortgage companies make it mandatory that you do and it's usually even part of your escrow. Look into 

Hi Orangesapples,

About the home owner insurance, my wife late husband was the owner of the mortgage, he added my wife to the mortgage maybe to his deed bcos my wife told me she is only on the deed, that she will not be able to add me on the mortgage. That was why I have not been added. I just don't know what better reasons I can write to explain to USCIS that will be hearable

5 hours ago, Moe428 said:

If you have till April 11 then you have enough time to do a refinance.  I thought it would be a 30 day deadline.  During the refinance you'll also be able to add her to deed (you can do that without refinancing as well).  With that, you should have strong evidence.

Thank you very much, I will discuss with my wife. Can u pls brief me about the refinancing....pls

13 minutes ago, Wiseman239295 said:

Hi Orangesapples,

About the home owner insurance, my wife late husband was the owner of the mortgage, he added my wife to the mortgage maybe to his deed bcos my wife told me she is only on the deed, that she will not be able to add me on the mortgage. That was why I have not been added. I just don't know what better reasons I can write to explain to USCIS that will be hearable

You should look into it and find out what your home owner's insurance is and she should add you to it so that you will be able to open claims, too. I would have her call her escrow and find out. 

13 minutes ago, Wiseman239295 said:

Thank you very much, I will discuss with my wife. Can u pls brief me about the refinancing....pls

Refinancing means taking out a new loan to pay off an existing loan. It's usually done so that you can get a better interest rate or better terms. I recommend you the website bankrate - just Google it and search for refinancing, you will find out how to get quotes pretty easily. Your wife needs to do it actually. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Both Driver's licenses with current addresses.

Write a letter stating that one person owns the house only because it was owned prior to your relationship (we have the same thing).  Show that the mortgage is paid from your joint account.

Library cards for both of you

Gym memberships for both of you

Letters addressed to both of you

ALL pages of bank statements/credit card statements from when you married to the present day.

Wills, Medical Powers of Attorney

Best of luck.  It's not the end of the world.  Just give them what you have.

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

3 hours ago, Orangesapples said:

Refinancing means taking out a new loan to pay off an existing loan. It's usually done so that you can get a better interest rate or better terms. I recommend you the website bankrate - just Google it and search for refinancing, you will find out how to get quotes pretty easily. Your wife needs to do it actually. 

Orangesapples, 

I really appreciate you for your replies,  I think I am getting somewhere with these ideas on this community. We just added myself to the internet and gas bills today. Looking at the time frame the RFE was issued, do you think it is a good idea to add those to the documents I will submit considering the deadline April 11 of the RFE? Thanks

53 minutes ago, Sukie said:

Both Driver's licenses with current addresses.

Write a letter stating that one person owns the house only because it was owned prior to your relationship (we have the same thing).  Show that the mortgage is paid from your joint account.

Library cards for both of you

Gym memberships for both of you

Letters addressed to both of you

ALL pages of bank statements/credit card statements from when you married to the present day.

Wills, Medical Powers of Attorney

Best of luck.  It's not the end of the world.  Just give them what you have.

Sukie in NY

Hi Sukie,

Thank you very much, we don't have library cards and gym membership cards together. We do not even have. We might go get the library cards but don't u think it may look somehow based on when the rfe was issued. The deadline to respond to the rfe is april 11th. I will be glad to hear from u. Thanks

20 minutes ago, Wiseman239295 said:

Orangesapples, 

I really appreciate you for your replies,  I think I am getting somewhere with these ideas on this community. We just added myself to the internet and gas bills today. Looking at the time frame the RFE was issued, do you think it is a good idea to add those to the documents I will submit considering the deadline April 11 of the RFE? Thanks

I don't really know to be honest, I just got my own case number, so I don't have first hand experience. I've seen on here that some people submit wills, medical power of attorney and stuff like that (I don't know what the point is since if you're married your spouse is your next of kin anyway), maybe you could get that stuff done, too? If I were you, I would send as much as possible, too much is better than too little. Also, don't forget to add the bank statements with the transaction history. Also if you have photos, that might help, too. 

Edited by Orangesapples

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.