802 posts in this topic

My I-130 was received in Phoenix on 11/14 per USPS tracking, when should I expect a response from them? I also sent a G-1145. Check not cashed yet. I’m pretty patient knowing I’ll have to wait a year for this to be done but I’ll feel better knowing it’s in their hands already 😫

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Paco415 said:

My I-130 was received in Phoenix on 11/14 per USPS tracking, when should I expect a response from them? I also sent a G-1145. Check not cashed yet. I’m pretty patient knowing I’ll have to wait a year for this to be done but I’ll feel better knowing it’s in their hands already 😫

I know right - such a relief the moment receipt has been confirmed. Even though I know of the long wait, I still keep checking if a date has moved, somebody touched our file etc etc... The obsession is real :D :D :D 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Trish and Oli said:

NOA received today and my payment processed using the G-1145 form. My receipt number begins with IOE. Anyone else have the IOE receipt number as well?

IOE receipt number 🙋‍♀️ I filed on Nov 12 (online, so it was received on same day as yours) but no NOA 1 yet. The difference in wait between CR-1 and F2-A kicks in early I guess 😂

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Trish and Oli said:

Hopefully yours is next!

Thank you 🙏 Will be interesting to watch our timelines unfold in parallel. Same submission date, but mail filing/CR1/IR1 vs. online filing/F2A :D

Trying to be patient here.

No word from USCIS since my I-130 was delivered by USPS on Nov 14. Check not even cashed yet. While I realize the wait for this visa will be longer, I would feel less anxious if they would confirm that it's in their hands already. Feels like my whole petition went into a black hole.

Now I am starting to regret not filing online (ironic because I am usually the first one to embrace advances in technology 🙄).

Edited by Paco415

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Paco415 said:

No word from USCIS since my I-130 was delivered by USPS on Nov 14. Check not even cashed yet. While I realize the wait for this visa will be longer, I would feel less anxious if they would confirm that it's in their hands already. Feels like my whole petition went into a black hole.

Now I am starting to regret not filing online (ironic because I am usually the first one to embrace advances in technology 🙄).

Think positive - yours will be next!

I have not received my NOA in the mail, I only saw the copy of the letter posted online today. Add this to your wait time and you'll have NOA1 by next week :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Paco415 said:

It can take a week or two to get NOA1 from USCIS, don't worry. If it takes more than a month, contact them, though I'm sure that you'll get your NOA1 soon

On 11/18/2019 at 3:13 PM, Trish and Oli said:

NOA received today and my payment processed using the G-1145 form. My receipt number begins with IOE. Anyone else have the IOE receipt number as well?

All receipts are IOE receipts as of around June-August since they switched to online/computer rather than paper processing for newly submitted petitions, once you get your physical NOA1 letter you should be able to see what service center your petition was assigned to

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

FINALLY! A RECEIPT NUMBER!! 😝

Got the text today and noticed check was cashed as well. An IOE number. Now expecting my I-797 anytime soon.

I am just relieved to receive some contact from the black hole ... 🙊 😁

Timeline
1 hour ago, Paco415 said:

FINALLY! A RECEIPT NUMBER!! 😝

Got the text today and noticed check was cashed as well. An IOE number. Now expecting my I-797 anytime soon.

I am just relieved to receive some contact from the black hole ... 🙊 😁

there you go! 🥳

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.