Amelia21

Help me please

17 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hello everyone I’m in need of some advice 

my Fiancé plans to petition for me however we are unsure as to which route to take we were thinking of the Cr1 visa however we didn’t want to be separated after we got married so we were thinking of K1 . So now here is my situation 

1.I previously applied 2 times for a tourist visa and was denied .. once when I was a minor and one in December 2018 both times I put that I wanted to visit my sister which I honestly did however I was told I didn’t have enough ties to my home country ...

2.also back in December when I applied I was working as a HR recruiter since then I changed careers to being a chef which I now make way less because of the change.. if I choose the K1 it will reveal my salary .. which I have no problem explaining I just don’t want it to be complicated.

3. I would use my sister as a joint sponsor since she makes 6 figures ... However do I think they would find anything odd about that ? Like I’m visa fishing .

I’ve been with my fiancé since high school(March 3 2012) he migrated in 2014 so since 2017 we decided to give long distance a try and we’ve been inseparable since he’s visited multiple times and we have hundred of pics etc . I’ve met all his family and he has met mine ... 

i would love anyone’s opinion on how my case looks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Amelia21 said:

Hello everyone I’m in need of some advice 

my Fiancé plans to petition for me however we are unsure as to which route to take we were thinking of the Cr1 visa however we didn’t want to be separated after we got married so we were thinking of K1 . So now here is my situation 

1.I previously applied 2 times for a tourist visa and was denied .. once when I was a minor and one in December 2018 both times I put that I wanted to visit my sister which I honestly did however I was told I didn’t have enough ties to my home country ...

2.also back in December when I applied I was working as a HR recruiter since then I changed careers to being a chef which I now make way less because of the change.. if I choose the K1 it will reveal my salary .. which I have no problem explaining I just don’t want it to be complicated.

3. I would use my sister as a joint sponsor since she makes 6 figures ... However do I think they would find anything odd about that ? Like I’m visa fishing .

I’ve been with my fiancé since high school(March 3 2012) he migrated in 2014 so since 2017 we decided to give long distance a try and we’ve been inseparable since he’s visited multiple times and we have hundred of pics etc . I’ve met all his family and he has met mine ... 

i would love anyone’s opinion on how my case looks

1)  no problem here 

2) alien's salary is not a  concern 

3) many people use co or joint sponsors

YMMV

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, payxibka said:

) many people use co or joint sponsors

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Co/joint sponsors must be based in the US. As OP is the beneficiary, unless their sister is based in the US, they won’t be able to use her. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, designguy said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Co/joint sponsors must be based in the US. As OP is the beneficiary, unless their sister is based in the US, they won’t be able to use her. 

Yes she’s based in the U.S she’s a citizen 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, designguy said:

Correct me if I’m wrong

I would gladly honor your request but I see it was already done 

YMMV

Filed: Timeline

It sounds like he is a naturalized citizen since you mention he migrated in 2014. And while there is no issue with being naturalized vs being born in the US there can be an issue if he got his GC and/or citizenship based on a US spouse and your relationship timeline overlapping that. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

CR1 v K1:  think through this carefully.  A K1 is a bit cruel.  The day you arrive, you are not able to do much of anything as far as work or study for months.  That’s a long time to sit around and miss your loved ones back home while trying to keep expenses down.  If a family member becomes ill and you have to decide between going back and abandoning the visa or staying to not start over, it can be very tough.

There are also more forms and fees to pay with a K1.  

It may be a bit faster (not guaranteed to be significantly faster), but there are significant trade offs.  Those of us who went the CR1 route can attest that the waiting was no fun, but it was so nice to have the green card and social security number so much faster.

Many on VJ have complained that the waiting for AOS after entry led to depression and marital problems, some bad enough to end the relationship.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Villanelle said:

It sounds like he is a naturalized citizen since you mention he migrated in 2014. And while there is no issue with being naturalized vs being born in the US there can be an issue if he got his GC and/or citizenship based on a US spouse and your relationship timeline overlapping that. 

Yes he was naturalized ... no he’s never been married before 

Timeline
42 minutes ago, bakphx1 said:

CR1 v K1:  think through this carefully.  A K1 is a bit cruel.  The day you arrive, you are not able to do much of anything as far as work or study for months.  That’s a long time to sit around and miss your loved ones back home while trying to keep expenses down.  If a family member becomes ill and you have to decide between going back and abandoning the visa or staying to not start over, it can be very tough.

It may be a bit faster (not guaranteed to be significantly faster), but there are significant trade offs.  Those of us who went the CR1 route can attest that the waiting was no fun, but it was so nice to have the green card and social security number so much faster.

Many on VJ have complained that the waiting for AOS after entry led to depression and marital problems, some bad enough to end the relationship.

Thank you so much for this . I truly appreciate it 

3 hours ago, bakphx1 said:

Just a quick correction, the K1 beneficiary can study (although not work until receiving the EAD card). My husband immigrated on the K1 April 2018, began studying at college June 2018, and didn't get his green card until February 2019. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.