Dashinka

California's Prop 47 leads to rise in shoplifting, thefts, criminal activity across state

81 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: England
Timeline
6 minutes ago, laylalex said:

@Boris Farage, did you end up getting that pen monogrammed in the end? 

My every-day, no. I find the monograms on frequently used fountain pens eventually wear. I did have the Meisterstruck monogrammed though, it's quite nice; a very tasteful mark of ownership. I was worried the engraving would feel rough against my finger, but the engraver did such splendid work, I barely feel it when I notice it at all.

-

“He’s in there fighting,” the president said. “Boris knows how to win.”

1 hour ago, Boris Farage said:

My every-day, no. I find the monograms on frequently used fountain pens eventually wear. I did have the Meisterstruck monogrammed though, it's quite nice; a very tasteful mark of ownership. I was worried the engraving would feel rough against my finger, but the engraver did such splendid work, I barely feel it when I notice it at all.

Oh yeah, you sent me a pic of the Meisterstruck, very nice! Did they manage to fit all the initials on or did you go with just two in the end?

Timeline
1 minute ago, laylalex said:

Oh yeah, you sent me a pic of the Meisterstruck, very nice! Did they manage to fit all the initials on or did you go with just two in the end?

All initials, thankfully. It turned out there was more than enough space. It's quite elegant.

-

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
9 hours ago, 90DayFinancier said:

Monograms scream hot alpha male with economic and social clout. 

Monogrammed cuffs scream pretentious snoot whose nose is so high in the air that if he walked outside in the rain, he'd drown.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
5 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Monogrammed cuffs scream pretentious snoot whose nose is so high in the air that if he walked outside in the rain, he'd drown.

The Alpha male part was a dig at Nature   Boy and our side thread about the possible existance of the Alpha male and his relative value to "wimmins" He didn't take the bait and you were in my crossfire.

I guess was appeals to women is all over the board depending on many things including their culture and I am  a guest here.

That being said, if Daniel Craig as James Bond is at the baccarat table, he will have monogramed cuff's and "wuuf" is most " wimmins" response.

1 hour ago, 90DayFinancier said:

The Alpha male part was a dig at Nature   Boy and our side thread about the possible existance of the Alpha male and his relative value to "wimmins" He didn't take the bait and you were in my crossfire.

I guess was appeals to women is all over the board depending on many things including their culture and I am  a guest here.

That being said, if Daniel Craig as James Bond is at the baccarat table, he will have monogramed cuff's and "wuuf" is most " wimmins" response.

Monogrammed has two m'  and this is how you spell existence. Sorry I know its minor but I am a sticklar for grammar  

I am sorry I missed your bait dudette . I will try to pay closer attention. BTW baiting is a serious violation of the TOS, admitting is like checking yes to the past drug use box on the army entrance questionnaire.  

As to Alpha Males. I guess there is no such thing. That is why people at the top of the pyramid. Good athletes, Successful doctors , Lawyers, etc attract such homely wimmens  

On edit.. Just messing with you on the baiting thing. Dumbest part of the TOS, every post is designed to get a response DuH

Edited by Nature Boy 2.0

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Monogrammed has two ms's  and this is how you spell existence. Sorry I know its minor but I am a sticklar for grammar  

I am sorry I missed your bait dudette . I will try to pay closer attention. BTW baiting is a serious violation of the TOS, admitting is like checking yes to the past drug use box on the army entrance questionnaire.  

As to Alpha Males. I guess there is no such thing. That is why people at the top of the pyramid. Good athletes, Successful doctors , Lawyers, etc attract such homely wimmens  

On edit.. Just messing with you on the baiting thing. Dumbest part of the TOS, every post is designed to get a response DuH

Post of the week above. I am so embarrassed to get spell checked by Nature Boy.

15 minutes ago, 90DayFinancier said:

Post of the week above. I am so embarrassed to get spell checked by Nature Boy.

rightfully so...... LOL

It's not so much that monogrammed cuffs are pretentious but that they're tacky. Monograms are best saved for personal items like pens and cufflinks. Monograms on clothing are just trying too hard, and it makes it look like you can't remember your initials so you had them put on your shirt. Or you're a sorority girl who lives in Vineyard Vines.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, laylalex said:

It's not so much that monogrammed cuffs are pretentious but that they're tacky. Monograms are best saved for personal items like pens and cufflinks. Monograms on clothing are just trying too hard, and it makes it look like you can't remember your initials so you had them put on your shirt. Or you're a sorority girl who lives in Vineyard Vines.

We finally agree on something @laylalex ;)

As for monogrammed anything being pretentious... it's not pretentious if you have the money to back the attitude. :whistle:

-

1 hour ago, Boris Farage said:

We finally agree on something @laylalex ;)

As for monogrammed anything being pretentious... it's not pretentious if you have the money to back the attitude. :whistle:

My ex wanted to have a giant "C" (initial of his last name) topped with a coronet put on the gates of our old house but I was successful in stopping that! :lol: 

3 minutes ago, laylalex said:

My ex wanted to have a giant "C" (initial of his last name) topped with a coronet put on the gates of our old house but I was successful in stopping that! :lol: 

You almost went a whole day with out mentioning  EX. You sure you dont still have a thing for him ?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Done tastefully, this is a nice adoration to a home of sizeable property. If you're doing it on your little suburban two bedroom lot, yes it's trashy. It sounds as if your previous home fell in the former category, so you were probably speaking out of turn.

-

35 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

Done tastefully, this is a nice adoration to a home of sizeable property. If you're doing it on your little suburban two bedroom lot, yes it's trashy. It sounds as if your previous home fell in the former category, so you were probably speaking out of turn.

I was NOT speaking out of turn. It was my house as well (my name was on the title) and I thought it didn't fit the neighborhood, and it wasn't HIM who was going to have to deal with irritable neighbors complaining.

ANYWAY, what was this thread about?

Just now, laylalex said:

I was NOT speaking out of turn. It was my house as well (my name was on the title) and I thought it didn't fit the neighborhood, and it wasn't HIM who was going to have to deal with irritable neighbors complaining.

ANYWAY, what was this thread about?

I dont know. You two smitten birds have been off topic for 3 pages