Dashinka

California's Prop 47 leads to rise in shoplifting, thefts, criminal activity across state

81 posts in this topic

Just now, 90DayFinancier said:

Besides, I enjoy being talked about in another language and then being grilled about relationship and child status.  "How come....."

OMG ARE YOU ME?!?!?!!?

Every time, "how come he hasn't he married you yet" and "how come you don't have a baby yet" and "you will change your mind about babies."

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 minute ago, laylalex said:

OMG ARE YOU ME?!?!?!!?

Every time, "how come he hasn't he married you yet" and "how come you don't have a baby yet" and "you will change your mind about babies."

I am guessing our technicians are related.

Just now, 90DayFinancier said:

Probably from the same village or province in Vietnam.

1 minute ago, 90DayFinancier said:

They are worse than my mother! She came around to the idea that I wasn't super keen on having kids, but she is convinced it was down to my former choice of life partner being a sociopath. (Her words, not mine.) She's now hoping that I've changed my mind because she wants a grandbaby and my sister DEFINITELY is not interested in "ruining her awesome life" (also, not my words) by having a child. 

11 minutes ago, 90DayFinancier said:

Besides, I enjoy being talked about in another language and then being grilled about relationship and child status.  "How come....."

Bit of a stereotype and tad racist dont cha think 

Filed: IR-5 Country: England
Timeline
1 minute ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Call it what you will, but the best manicurists/pedicurists are of the Oriental persuasion.

Edited by Boris Farage

-

“He’s in there fighting,” the president said. “Boris knows how to win.”

5 minutes ago, 90DayFinancier said:

Okay, I am not understanding and I will just leave it that way.

Kick stand is a term some 1%s use for their ol lady. It was humor. 

I assume you know what mani and pedi is

Timeline
1 minute ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Stereotype.   Yes. Accurate? Ask any patron of a nail salon. 

Racist? I don't think so, but persuade me. 

3 minutes ago, 90DayFinancier said:

Stereotype.   Yes. Accurate? Ask any patron of a nail salon. 

Racist? I don't think so, but persuade me. 

Just messing with you, but not all nail techs are Vietnamese.  Take the recent season of 90 day fiancee. Ceaser. 

It would be like saying all convince stores are owned by Patels 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Kick stand is a term some 1%s use for their ol lady. It was humor. 

I assume you know what mani and pedi is

Mani pedi I learned quick. Old lady is used a lot by my Willamette valley hippies. Kickstand has now been added to my Swedish -murican lexicon.  You may be entitled to royalties should I  publish.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Just messing with you, but not all nail techs are Vietnamese.  Take the recent season of 90 day fiancee. Ceaser. 

It would be like saying all convince stores are owned by Patels 

That show makes me nauseous. 

Filed: Timeline
30 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Well, my dad pays a gardener to do everything more than mowing the lawn, for example, and he takes his car to a mechanic who specializes in Mercedes biodiesels for oil changes. I don't see how that's much different than me getting my nails done every couple of weeks. I don't have dragon lady nails; I keep them short and nude, so if the ballerina pink or whatever chips slightly, it's not obvious. It's not like I get gels or anything that requires a lot of upkeep. 

So do it yourself for $1.50.  

16 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

Call it what you will, but the best manicurists/pedicurists are of the Oriental persuasion.

A good friend of mine (Japanese-American) once told me that only rugs and packets of ramen noodles should be referred to as "Oriental." 

Isn't there a line in the Big Lebowski about this? Both my ex AND my fiance are obsessed with that movie and I have had to listen to it on in the background like 75 times.