dwheels76

NVC Filers - November 2019

1,000 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Bking said:

Wow I wish this was my case. I had to go to an office to request mine and won't get it until next week

I have to admit that it’s easy to do everything from home . Woo 1 week that’s long 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

I have to admit that it’s easy to do everything from home . Woo 1 week that’s long 

It is the ONLY thing I have left and unfortunately the next day system is not available so we just have to wait but what's keeping us going is that it feels much closer to being over 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Frank77777 said:

Guys is imposible to call nvc ... i try 40 time and still voice massage 

I usually get through when I call 7AM (6:59AM) and I only wait about 20mins to speak to someone. 

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

Hello! I am looking at CEAC now under the i-864 documentation. What's the different between Submitted and Uploaded? I have a joint sponsor and I didn't realize yesterday there was a place to add her until I had already uploaded her i-864 to my Additional AOS Documentation. Once I realized I could add her, I deleted her form from mine but did not upload hers as it took about 8 hours for the Request for Joint Sponsor to go through. But when I checked it this morning, the i-864 form was already "Submitted" giving me no option to view, edit, or delete and now I am worried. Has anyone had this happen to them?

Also this might not be the right forum but I was wondering how many of you got certified translations birth certificates and police clearances? We have a certified translation of our marriage certificate but do we also need them same for the above documents? I am reading a lot of conflicting information. I wanted to translate those documents myself as I am a native English speaker and have a BA in Spanish but like I've said, there is way too much contradictory info on the internet as well as VJ. On the FAQ page of the State Dept. it seems pretty simple that the person just needs to attach an explanation of how they are certain what they've written is correct. I think my translations were pretty good but I'd hate to get an RFE for them but I also hate having to wait another week or two for our translator to get the work done. Again, sorry if this is not supposed to be here. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
9 minutes ago, literallyrachel said:

Hello! I am looking at CEAC now under the i-864 documentation. What's the different between Submitted and Uploaded? I have a joint sponsor and I didn't realize yesterday there was a place to add her until I had already uploaded her i-864 to my Additional AOS Documentation. Once I realized I could add her, I deleted her form from mine but did not upload hers as it took about 8 hours for the Request for Joint Sponsor to go through. But when I checked it this morning, the i-864 form was already "Submitted" giving me no option to view, edit, or delete and now I am worried. Has anyone had this happen to them?

Also this might not be the right forum but I was wondering how many of you got certified translations birth certificates and police clearances? We have a certified translation of our marriage certificate but do we also need them same for the above documents? I am reading a lot of conflicting information. I wanted to translate those documents myself as I am a native English speaker and have a BA in Spanish but like I've said, there is way too much contradictory info on the internet as well as VJ. On the FAQ page of the State Dept. it seems pretty simple that the person just needs to attach an explanation of how they are certain what they've written is correct. I think my translations were pretty good but I'd hate to get an RFE for them but I also hate having to wait another week or two for our translator to get the work done. Again, sorry if this is not supposed to be here. 

Uploaded means you just uploaded the documents on CEAC, but submitted means you sent the documents to NVC for review, so you can't edit them until they review your documents and tell you if something is wrong/missing.

If the interview is going to be in Argentina and the police and birth certificates are in Spanish then you don't need to translate them. It's on the instructions on the NVC website.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
38 minutes ago, canadavisa22 said:

If the beneficiary section of the Civil Documents is completed, can I submit them? Or should I wait until I have all the documentation for the Petitioner as well and submit all at once?

up to you. you can submit them if you want, but there is no benefit of doing so. they will only review your documents once you have submitted everything. I submitted financial documents last week and i will be submitting civil documents in a couple of weeks. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Good evening from Sweden fellow VJ members!

Today, I was documentarily qualified, and the status for both IV and AOS reads "Accepted," but I still got this message which is kind of concerning:

"[My partner's name] does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants for this case. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 for a joint sponsor may be submitted. FINANCIAL SPONSORSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES: Financial sponsors, joint sponsors, and applicants should be aware of responsibilities when signing an I-864 and the consequences for a sponsored immigrant's acceptance of federal means-tested public benefits. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos."

Did anyone else experience this?

Edited by ljujas2019

7 hours ago, Bking said:

Well according to the civil documents step on the travel.state.gov site for the steps it says it's valid for a year. Wish I had requested mine earlier because it's literally the only thing I'm waiting on to complete my uploads lol.

Screenshot_20191112-065836__01.jpg

Hi just making sure I understand the yellow area correctly say my husband has a police certificate from Nicaragua (Where he’s from) from a little over a year ago where he has not gone back (he’s been in panama) Can I turn that in and then when he goes to Nicaragua for interview he gets a new police record? 

In panama they’re saying they won’t give him a police record unless he’s lived there 2 years 

Edited by pcs9288

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
6 hours ago, Frank77777 said:

Even if i am from europe ? Still need upload ? 

Yes of course. Everyone must upload a police certificate regardless of what country, continent, or planet they’re from

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline
1 minute ago, pcs9288 said:

Hi just making sure I understand the yellow area correctly say my husband has a police certificate from Nicaragua (Where he’s from) from a little over a year ago where he has not gone back (he’s been in panama) Can I turn that in and then when he goes to Nicaragua for interview he gets a new police record? 

In panama they’re saying they won’t give him a police record unless he’s lived there 2 years 

There's actually a table above it that clarifies https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ljujas2019 said:

Good evening from Sweden fellow VJ members!

Today, I was documentarily qualified, and the status for both IV and AOS reads "Accepted," but I still got this message which is kind of concerning:

"[My partner's name] does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants for this case. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 for a joint sponsor may be submitted. FINANCIAL SPONSORSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES: Financial sponsors, joint sponsors, and applicants should be aware of responsibilities when signing an I-864 and the consequences for a sponsored immigrant's acceptance of federal means-tested public benefits. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos."

Did anyone else experience this?

It means NVC is telling you currently your spouse doesn’t make enough to sponsor you, and that unless you get a joint sponsor, the CO at the interview is likely to deny you on basis of likelihood to become a public charge, so NVC is recommending that you get a qualifying joint sponsor to sponsor you and submit the required paperwork and documents from the joint sponsor on CEAC ahead of time as well as taking required joint sponsor paperwork and documents to your interview to ensure you don’t get denied on public charge basis. The minimum amount a sponsor must make in order to qualify for a household of 2 is around $21k+ a year and goes up by around $5k for each additional household member 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

4 minutes ago, Bking said:

Yeah that’s what I originally read and what made me send him to get one in panama but now I’m stuck but they won’t 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hey again - another question (or multiple rather...) haha! 🙂 So confused right now...

I am wondering what bringing an "original" document really means when it comes to the interview stage. For example, if my partner submits an original birth certificate via mail to me (I will be interviewed in Stockholm), will she lose that one single document that she has access to? Does she have to request another birth certificate for me to use for this one time event? Basically, I am wondering if the embassy keeps all documents they receive. Birth certificates, marriage certificates, divorce decrees etc. are important documents and not everyone keeps several "originals" of these. Do all documents, even those submitted on CEAC in an online PDF version such as the online IRS tax return transcript (and not a photocopy of a physical document), need to be provided in a formal, letter-style format instead of a print out of the electronic version? How does all of this work? 

We have submitted...

1) My partner's IRS tax return transcript (downloaded electronically on the IRS website)

2) My partner's pay stub

3) The filled out and signed affidavit of support form (does this one need to be provided during the interview too?)

4) My partner's final divorce decree from previous marriage

5) My partner's birth certificate

6) Our marriage certificate

7) My birth certificate

8 ) My police records/ evidence of no criminal record

9) My passport photos + biometric page of passport

10) 6 PDF files containing "couple pictures" and small descriptions of the pictures, all put together on Google Docs

I think that is all, but yes, these are what I am wondering about. How can I provide originals of these? Some of them I would just print out, right? 

Good luck to us all!

Edited by ljujas2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.