Mattie0212

Do the COs look at ongoing relationship evidence during the interview (London Embassy)

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just wanted to ask about interview experiences in regards to the COs going through your ongoing relationship packets. 

Do they actually go through it? In particular the London Embassy...

Thanks in advance :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Mattie0212 said:

Just wanted to ask about interview experiences in regards to the COs going through your ongoing relationship packets. 

A majority of the time they do not 

YMMV

Timeline
33 minutes ago, payxibka said:

A majority of the time they do not 

So what is the point of doing all this work to show proof if they aren’t going to acknowledge it??

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mattie0212 said:

So what is the point of doing all this work to show proof if they aren’t going to acknowledge it??

Mainy just in case they need to see more.

38 minutes ago, Mattie0212 said:

It all depends on the CO's mood.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Mattie0212 said:

NO. Never in London.

11 minutes ago, Mattie0212 said:

Because you think you'll be the first one in many hundreds of interviews??

i would NOT bother. 

Edited by Wuozopo

43 minutes ago, Mattie0212 said:

They did not go through any of what we brought (London). We brought things just in case (and we continue to do so through our journey). I guess having them is good in case they dont believe you are a legitimate couple. :) 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SuznAaron said:

They did not go through any of what we brought (London). We brought things just in case (and we continue to do so through our journey). I guess having them is good in case they dont believe you are a legitimate couple. :) 

I will do it regardless... but it’s just disheartening knowing you are putting all this work in, that they ask you to do, to not even give it any thought 

33 minutes ago, Mattie0212 said:

I will do it regardless... but it’s just disheartening knowing you are putting all this work in, that they ask you to do, to not even give it any thought 

True, but you can keep it all intact for when you will need it at your AOS interview, along with everything else you will have compiled.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Jorgedig said:

True, but you can keep it all intact for when you will need it at your AOS interview, along with everything else you will have compiled.

Premarital evidence is not so compelling at AOS,  as the requirement is evidence of a bonafide marriage relationship 

YMMV

53 minutes ago, Mattie0212 said:

You're going to find that sort of thing in a lot of this process. It's not that other consulates might go over everything with a fine tooth comb... it's just not that way in London.. which is a great relief for many. Do what they ask, but be thankful when they don't really ask for it when the time comes. :thumbs:

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
50 minutes ago, SuznAaron said:

"Better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it."  :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mattie0212 said:

Where do they ask for it? This is the documentation London tells a K1 to bring to the interview. That's all they want. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/

Meanwhile get the things you need for the medical in London. And get all your shots sorted before you go.  http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us-bring.htm

Edited by Wuozopo

3 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Plus it makes a really nice booklet of your entire relationship 😀😀😀

As @Wuozopo says, they don’t ask for any proof of an ongoing relationship at the London K1 interview or advise you to bring any on their website - so if you choose to bring it, that’s down to you.

The only proof of an ongoing relationship that I brought were a few photos that I printed off on the morning of my interview. I didn’t need them and wasn’t asked for them, but it made me feel better to have them. Took me about 5 minutes and cost around £4 at Snappy Snaps. So yeah, I really wouldn’t recommend putting a novel together...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
15 hours ago, SuznAaron said:

Plus it makes a really nice booklet of your entire relationship 😀😀😀

More like your relationship documented:) believe me if you have gathered documents for K1 you will never forget dates

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.