17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi,

I have the GC interview coming up this week and have a question about bringing the original 'AOS package'. A lot of the checklist for the GC interview is the same stuff we originall submitted (i.e. birth certificates, marriage certificates, the I-864 Affidavit of Support) but I was wondering:

• Did people actually print out the AOS "Form I-485" again to bring in to the interview? Including 2 x passport style pictures and the AP (i-131) & EAD (i765) Application forms? 

On the NOA for the GC interview it doesn't say we need to bring these forms in again but just wondering if people did this. 

Also it says bring in the medical form (I-693), I handed the sealed envelope over at arrival and have a photocopy of the DS3025 which I submitted in the original AOS package. If I bring this I'm assuming it won't give me any problems? It's been less than a year since I got the medical done. 

Thanks

Alice

K1 Visa NOA1:  March 2018

K1 Visa NOA2: Sept 2018 

K1 Approved: Nov 2018 (184 days/6 months since NOA1) 

Married 4th Jan 2019 

AOS NOA1: 4th Feb 2019

Biometrics: 25th Feb 2019

AOS interview: Oct 2019 (261 days from NOA1)

EAD/AP NOA1: Feb 2019 

EAD/AP Approved/Rc'd: Aug 2019 (196 days since NOA1) 

19 minutes ago, AlicerCooper said:

I was wondering:

• Did people actually print out the AOS "Form I-485" again to bring in to the interview? Including 2 x passport style pictures and the AP (i-131) & EAD (i765) Application forms?

Not necessary, nor recommended.

19 minutes ago, AlicerCooper said:

Also it says bring in the medical form (I-693), I handed the sealed envelope over at arrival and have a photocopy of the DS3025 which I submitted in the original AOS package. If I bring this I'm assuming it won't give me any problems? It's been less than a year since I got the medical done. 

The interview notice checklist isn't personalized. Your case is AOS from K-1 so you are good if the overseas medical was marked complete: "K and V nonimmigrants applying for adjustment of status are not required to repeat the medical examination if the application was filed within one year of the date of the original medical examination" "If the vaccination report was properly completed at the time of the overseas examination, the officer may accept the vaccination assessment completed by the panel physician." https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-3

Edited by HRQX

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, AlicerCooper said:

Hi,

I have the GC interview coming up this week and have a question about bringing the original 'AOS package'. A lot of the checklist for the GC interview is the same stuff we originall submitted (i.e. birth certificates, marriage certificates, the I-864 Affidavit of Support) but I was wondering:

On the NOA for the GC interview it doesn't say we need to bring these forms in again but just wondering if people did this. 

Thanks

Alice

Nah you don’t need to bring another I-485 form.  Just bring the original of the birth certificate, and marriage certificate just Incase they want to see it.  Obviously being any other additional proof that you might have, like bills, and such.  And no need for the I-693 as that doesn’t apply to you, but do bring the photocopy of the DS3025 just in case. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, HRQX said:

Not necessary, nor recommended.

The interview notice checklist isn't personalized. Your case is AOS from K-1 so you are good if the overseas medical was marked complete: "K and V nonimmigrants applying for adjustment of status are not required to repeat the medical examination if the application was filed within one year of the date of the original medical examination" "If the vaccination report was properly completed at the time of the overseas examination, the officer may accept the vaccination assessment completed by the panel physician." https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-3

1 minute ago, Pengunista said:

Nah you don’t need to bring another I-485 form.  Just bring the original of the birth certificate, and marriage certificate just Incase they want to see it.  Obviously being any other additional proof that you might have, like bills, and such.  And no need for the I-693 as that doesn’t apply to you, but do bring the photocopy of the DS3025 just in case. 

Yes, thank you both. I see some people bringing their entire k1 package, whole AOS package to the GC interview and was just wondering what good would bringing in them in really do? Am bringing in the NOA's for them, but yeah. Have everything else on the checklist they've given me :)

Thank you again! 

Married 4th Jan 2019 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, AlicerCooper said:

Yes, thank you both. I see some people bringing their entire k1 package, whole AOS package to the GC interview and was just wondering what good would bringing in them in really do? Am bringing in the NOA's for them, but yeah. Have everything else on the checklist they've given me :)

Thank you again! 

Yeah, I sure didn’t bring mine. 😀 good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 hours ago, AlicerCooper said:

Hi,

Thanks

Alice

No need to bring the I-485 again.  They will bring out your application and go over it again, and have you sign once the same questions from the application are asked again.  

The pictures that were taken at Biometrics will be the one used for the GC. 

Do bring your other documents as proof of bona fide marriage.  Bringing the medical paper will be fine, just incase.  

Timeline
12 hours ago, Loren Y said:

I brought everything I owned to the interview. The letter said bring everything USCIS ever sent you, or anything you sent them. I used a dolly to transport the file box into the office.  Loved the look on the security officers face, it was choice, but I had everything. LOL Then had to reschedule, so I get to do it again next month dolly and all.

LOL I would pay to see you wheeling in the dolly. Why did you have to reschedule, if you don't mind me asking? I'm really try to avoid it as my assigned office is 6 hours away.

Mine just says 'bring any immigration-related documentation ever issued to you', not anything I sent them. So the visa, EAD/AP combo card is really it at this early stage... 

24 minutes ago, Ed&Midori1031 said:

No need to bring the I-485 again.  They will bring out your application and go over it again, and have you sign once the same questions from the application are asked again.  

The pictures that were taken at Biometrics will be the one used for the GC. 

Do bring your other documents as proof of bona fide marriage.  Bringing the medical paper will be fine, just incase.  

Yep got all the original BCs and marriage cert & passports, all the bona fide marriage stuff too. Thank you!

Married 4th Jan 2019 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
26 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Didn't bring a translator:

Actually their translator is only available until 2pm PST, and my appointment was at 3pm. I'm ready now, as I have contracted with 2 paid translators ( only another 600 bucks), and one private translator I know from the ESL courses at UNLV. I'm packing the whole office with my dolly , file box, and 3 additional people. Might even have my attorney friend come just for fun. He has no idea on immigration law, but he is an attorney, so they have to let him in. Figure I'll have power in numbers over the IO. 

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Loren Y said:

Actually their translator is only available until 2pm PST, and my appointment was at 3pm. I'm ready now, as I have contracted with 2 paid translators ( only another 600 bucks), and one private translator I know from the ESL courses at UNLV. I'm packing the whole office with my dolly , file box, and 3 additional people. Might even have my attorney friend come just for fun. He has no idea on immigration law, but he is an attorney, so they have to let him in. Figure I'll have power in numbers over the IO. 

Maybe also bring some snacks and drinks to keep the party going 😂 

2 hours ago, Loren Y said:

Figure I'll have power in numbers over the IO. 

14 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Yes, pleaseeee. Would you please bring a camera and ask the IO if you can record the interview for Quality Assurance purposes? I would pay to see that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

I tried that the first time thru. No outside food or drinks are allowed for security reasons supposedly. But the security said they would dispose of the 12 pack of Krispy Kreme so I wouldn't have to go back to my car.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

23 hours ago, AlicerCooper said:

Hi,

Thanks

Alice

It is recommended to follow the instructions on the notice exactly as they’re instructing you because if they ask you for something that you didn’t bring, it’ll delay your approval. I myself made copies of absolute EVERYTHING i ever sent USCIS and brought copies and originals and plenty of bonafide evidence, copies of the originals submitted for the original aos package and brand new evidence and the officer instructed me on what to give her which was mostly everything except for original aos pack, renewals and evidence of aos eligibility aaaaaand just to gloat a bit the officer stated “i loooooove the way you organized your files!!” 💁🏽‍♀️ More i better than less in this case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

We are going for our interview on Thursday and on the interview notification letter it tells us to bring everything we submitted with the I-485, I-864, I-765 & I-131...… It seems a little strange, seeing we already sent them all of these items and we didn't receive an RFE🤷‍♂️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.