Jump to content

17 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I have the GC interview coming up this week and have a question about bringing the original 'AOS package'. A lot of the checklist for the GC interview is the same stuff we originall submitted (i.e. birth certificates, marriage certificates, the I-864 Affidavit of Support) but I was wondering:

 

  • Did people actually print out the AOS "Form I-485" again to bring in to the interview? Including 2 x passport style pictures and the AP (i-131) & EAD (i765) Application forms? 

 

On the NOA for the GC interview it doesn't say we need to bring these forms in again but just wondering if people did this. 

 

Also it says bring in the medical form (I-693), I handed the sealed envelope over at arrival and have a photocopy of the DS3025 which I submitted in the original AOS package. If I bring this I'm assuming it won't give me any problems? It's been less than a year since I got the medical done. 

 

Thanks

Alice


K1 Visa NOA1:  March 2018

K1 Visa NOA2: Sept 2018 

K1 Approved: Nov 2018 (184 days/6 months since NOA1) 

 

Married 4th Jan 2019 

 

AOS NOA1: 4th Feb 2019

Biometrics: 25th Feb 2019

AOS interview: Oct 2019 (261 days from NOA1)

 

EAD/AP NOA1: Feb 2019 

EAD/AP Approved/Rc'd: Aug 2019 (196 days since NOA1) 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, AlicerCooper said:

I was wondering:

 

  • Did people actually print out the AOS "Form I-485" again to bring in to the interview? Including 2 x passport style pictures and the AP (i-131) & EAD (i765) Application forms?

Not necessary, nor recommended.

19 minutes ago, AlicerCooper said:

Also it says bring in the medical form (I-693), I handed the sealed envelope over at arrival and have a photocopy of the DS3025 which I submitted in the original AOS package. If I bring this I'm assuming it won't give me any problems? It's been less than a year since I got the medical done. 

The interview notice checklist isn't personalized. Your case is AOS from K-1 so you are good if the overseas medical was marked complete: "K and V nonimmigrants applying for adjustment of status are not required to repeat the medical examination if the application was filed within one year of the date of the original medical examination" "If the vaccination report was properly completed at the time of the overseas examination, the officer may accept the vaccination assessment completed by the panel physician." https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-3

Edited by HRQX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, AlicerCooper said:

Hi,

 

I have the GC interview coming up this week and have a question about bringing the original 'AOS package'. A lot of the checklist for the GC interview is the same stuff we originall submitted (i.e. birth certificates, marriage certificates, the I-864 Affidavit of Support) but I was wondering:

 

  • Did people actually print out the AOS "Form I-485" again to bring in to the interview? Including 2 x passport style pictures and the AP (i-131) & EAD (i765) Application forms? 

 

On the NOA for the GC interview it doesn't say we need to bring these forms in again but just wondering if people did this. 

 

Also it says bring in the medical form (I-693), I handed the sealed envelope over at arrival and have a photocopy of the DS3025 which I submitted in the original AOS package. If I bring this I'm assuming it won't give me any problems? It's been less than a year since I got the medical done. 

 

Thanks

Alice

Nah you don’t need to bring another I-485 form.  Just bring the original of the birth certificate, and marriage certificate just Incase they want to see it.  Obviously being any other additional proof that you might have, like bills, and such.  And no need for the I-693 as that doesn’t apply to you, but do bring the photocopy of the DS3025 just in case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HRQX said:

Not necessary, nor recommended.

The interview notice checklist isn't personalized. Your case is AOS from K-1 so you are good if the overseas medical was marked complete: "K and V nonimmigrants applying for adjustment of status are not required to repeat the medical examination if the application was filed within one year of the date of the original medical examination" "If the vaccination report was properly completed at the time of the overseas examination, the officer may accept the vaccination assessment completed by the panel physician." https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-3

 

1 minute ago, Pengunista said:

Nah you don’t need to bring another I-485 form.  Just bring the original of the birth certificate, and marriage certificate just Incase they want to see it.  Obviously being any other additional proof that you might have, like bills, and such.  And no need for the I-693 as that doesn’t apply to you, but do bring the photocopy of the DS3025 just in case. 

Yes, thank you both. I see some people bringing their entire k1 package, whole AOS package to the GC interview and was just wondering what good would bringing in them in really do? Am bringing in the NOA's for them, but yeah. Have everything else on the checklist they've given me :)

 

Thank you again! 


K1 Visa NOA1:  March 2018

K1 Visa NOA2: Sept 2018 

K1 Approved: Nov 2018 (184 days/6 months since NOA1) 

 

Married 4th Jan 2019 

 

AOS NOA1: 4th Feb 2019

Biometrics: 25th Feb 2019

AOS interview: Oct 2019 (261 days from NOA1)

 

EAD/AP NOA1: Feb 2019 

EAD/AP Approved/Rc'd: Aug 2019 (196 days since NOA1) 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AlicerCooper said:

 

Yes, thank you both. I see some people bringing their entire k1 package, whole AOS package to the GC interview and was just wondering what good would bringing in them in really do? Am bringing in the NOA's for them, but yeah. Have everything else on the checklist they've given me :)

 

Thank you again! 

Yeah, I sure didn’t bring mine. 😀 good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, AlicerCooper said:

Hi,

 

I have the GC interview coming up this week and have a question about bringing the original 'AOS package'. A lot of the checklist for the GC interview is the same stuff we originall submitted (i.e. birth certificates, marriage certificates, the I-864 Affidavit of Support) but I was wondering:

 

  • Did people actually print out the AOS "Form I-485" again to bring in to the interview? Including 2 x passport style pictures and the AP (i-131) & EAD (i765) Application forms? 

 

On the NOA for the GC interview it doesn't say we need to bring these forms in again but just wondering if people did this. 

 

Also it says bring in the medical form (I-693), I handed the sealed envelope over at arrival and have a photocopy of the DS3025 which I submitted in the original AOS package. If I bring this I'm assuming it won't give me any problems? It's been less than a year since I got the medical done. 

 

Thanks

Alice

No need to bring the I-485 again.  They will bring out your application and go over it again, and have you sign once the same questions from the application are asked again.  

 

The pictures that were taken at Biometrics will be the one used for the GC. 

 

Do bring your other documents as proof of bona fide marriage.  Bringing the medical paper will be fine, just incase.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Loren Y said:

I brought everything I owned to the interview. The letter said bring everything USCIS ever sent you, or anything you sent them. I used a dolly to transport the file box into the office.  Loved the look on the security officers face, it was choice, but I had everything. LOL Then had to reschedule, so I get to do it again next month dolly and all.

LOL I would pay to see you wheeling in the dolly. Why did you have to reschedule, if you don't mind me asking? I'm really try to avoid it as my assigned office is 6 hours away.

 

Mine just says 'bring any immigration-related documentation ever issued to you', not anything I sent them. So the visa, EAD/AP combo card is really it at this early stage... 

24 minutes ago, Ed&Midori1031 said:

No need to bring the I-485 again.  They will bring out your application and go over it again, and have you sign once the same questions from the application are asked again.  

 

The pictures that were taken at Biometrics will be the one used for the GC. 

 

Do bring your other documents as proof of bona fide marriage.  Bringing the medical paper will be fine, just incase.  

Yep got all the original BCs and marriage cert & passports, all the bona fide marriage stuff too. Thank you!


K1 Visa NOA1:  March 2018

K1 Visa NOA2: Sept 2018 

K1 Approved: Nov 2018 (184 days/6 months since NOA1) 

 

Married 4th Jan 2019 

 

AOS NOA1: 4th Feb 2019

Biometrics: 25th Feb 2019

AOS interview: Oct 2019 (261 days from NOA1)

 

EAD/AP NOA1: Feb 2019 

EAD/AP Approved/Rc'd: Aug 2019 (196 days since NOA1) 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlicerCooper said:

Why did you have to reschedule, if you don't mind me asking?

Didn't bring a translator:

You don't need a translator since you are from Oz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Didn't bring a translator:

Actually their translator is only available until 2pm PST, and my appointment was at 3pm. I'm ready now, as I have contracted with 2 paid translators ( only another 600 bucks), and one private translator I know from the ESL courses at UNLV. I'm packing the whole office with my dolly , file box, and 3 additional people. Might even have my attorney friend come just for fun. He has no idea on immigration law, but he is an attorney, so they have to let him in. Figure I'll have power in numbers over the IO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Loren Y said:

Actually their translator is only available until 2pm PST, and my appointment was at 3pm. I'm ready now, as I have contracted with 2 paid translators ( only another 600 bucks), and one private translator I know from the ESL courses at UNLV. I'm packing the whole office with my dolly , file box, and 3 additional people. Might even have my attorney friend come just for fun. He has no idea on immigration law, but he is an attorney, so they have to let him in. Figure I'll have power in numbers over the IO. 

Maybe also bring some snacks and drinks to keep the party going 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Loren Y said:

Figure I'll have power in numbers over the IO. 

 

14 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Maybe also bring some snacks and drinks to keep the party going 😂 

Yes, pleaseeee. Would you please bring a camera and ask the IO if you can record the interview for Quality Assurance purposes? I would pay to see that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Maybe also bring some snacks and drinks to keep the party going 😂 

I tried that the first time thru. No outside food or drinks are allowed for security reasons supposedly. But the security said they would dispose of the 12 pack of Krispy Kreme so I wouldn't have to go back to my car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, AlicerCooper said:

Hi,

 

I have the GC interview coming up this week and have a question about bringing the original 'AOS package'. A lot of the checklist for the GC interview is the same stuff we originall submitted (i.e. birth certificates, marriage certificates, the I-864 Affidavit of Support) but I was wondering:

 

  • Did people actually print out the AOS "Form I-485" again to bring in to the interview? Including 2 x passport style pictures and the AP (i-131) & EAD (i765) Application forms? 

 

On the NOA for the GC interview it doesn't say we need to bring these forms in again but just wondering if people did this. 

 

Also it says bring in the medical form (I-693), I handed the sealed envelope over at arrival and have a photocopy of the DS3025 which I submitted in the original AOS package. If I bring this I'm assuming it won't give me any problems? It's been less than a year since I got the medical done. 

 

Thanks

Alice

It is recommended to follow the instructions on the notice exactly as they’re instructing you because if they ask you for something that you didn’t bring, it’ll delay your approval. I myself made copies of absolute EVERYTHING i ever sent USCIS and brought copies and originals and plenty of bonafide evidence, copies of the originals submitted for the original aos package and brand new evidence and the officer instructed me on what to give her which was mostly everything except for original aos pack, renewals and evidence of aos eligibility aaaaaand just to gloat a bit the officer stated “i loooooove the way you organized your files!!” 💁🏽‍♀️ More i better than less in this case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are going for our interview on Thursday and on the interview notification letter it tells us to bring everything we submitted with the I-485, I-864, I-765 & I-131...… It seems a little strange, seeing we already sent them all of these items and we didn't receive an RFE🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...