B&C2017

I-130 October 2019 Filers

865 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, majm said:

Congrats! We also have our I-130 PD 10/10/19 from Texas (and my spouse is also from Colombia). Did you ever get any formal notice about the transfer to California? We haven't seen anything change for our case on USCIS website since it was received. I haven't called to check considering we are just now at ~6 months, but I'm curious how many people are being transferred without notice.

We did not receive any formal notice about the transfer, but I had it confirmed by a tier 2 agent. Your approval should be coming any day now!! The agent had told me a while back that California timeline is about 6 months for us citizens and spouses... she was right! 6 months and 6 days for us. Keep checking your account!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
3 hours ago, Katie & Camilo said:

WE GOT APPROVED TODAY!!!!

US Citizen petitioning for Spouse

NOA1 from Texas

PD - October 10, 2019

Transferred to California - Feb. 23, 2020

Account update - March 26, 2020

APPROVED - April 16, 2020 from California SC!

I literally cannot believe it! So happy, so thankful!!! It's coming soon everyone!!

**My account still says "in process", but "case closed" and was updated again today. I found the Approval Notice under documents!!!

SAME!! I logged in today and saw my account says Case Closed and the approval notice is in documents! My status got changed to "Approved" though.

PD: October 17, 2019

NOA1 from Texas, I got the date change on Feb 23, got another date change end of March, and then got another change last week, then one on Tuesday, yesterday, and then today's approval!

I never called to see if I got transferred but my approval letter says Texas so I guess they didn't move me.

So excited! I did not do any expediting.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, JenIE said:

SAME!! I logged in today and saw my account says Case Closed and the approval notice is in documents! My status got changed to "Approved" though.

PD: October 17, 2019

NOA1 from Texas, I got the date change on Feb 23, got another date change end of March, and then got another change last week, then one on Tuesday, yesterday, and then today's approval!

I never called to see if I got transferred but my approval letter says Texas so I guess they didn't move me.

So excited! I did not do any expediting.

Congratulations & Best of luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Katie & Camilo said:

NOA1 from Texas

PD - October 10, 2019

I literally cannot believe it! So happy, so thankful!!! It's coming soon everyone!!

**My account still says "in process", but "case closed" and was updated again today. I found the Approval Notice under documents!!!

Congratulations! 

I filled two i130s for my wife and stepson in October. My stepsons application was accepted Oct 26th 2019. But my wife's was rejected due to using an outdated form. So my wife's was not accepted until December 4th 2019.

Is this going to be a problem? I'm worried they will deny my stepsons application because it is 6 weeks before my wife's. Also both cases are in Nebraska. Any time frame with all the coronavirus delays?

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, TVC said:

I filled two i130s for my wife and stepson in October. My stepsons application was accepted Oct 26th 2019. But my wife's was rejected due to using an outdated form. So my wife's was not accepted until December 4th 2019.

Is this going to be a problem? I'm worried they will deny my stepsons application because it is 6 weeks before my wife's. Also both cases are in Nebraska. Any time frame with all the coronavirus delays?

Thanks!

I think you should be fine.

- Maybe call USCIS and make sure that they link them somehow. 
- To make sure they stay together, once your step son's petition is approved, maybe wait with going forward at the NVC stage until your wifes is approved. 
- Or potentially you could request an expedite for your wife's I-130 as soon as your step son's is approved (although I'm not sure this will work as the error was yours)

Marriage: 03/16/2018 ❤️💍👱‍♀️🧑
Birth of our daughter: 11/24/2018 👶🥰

USCIS Stage

I-130 submitted: 10/01/2019 😃
I-130 USCIS Lockbox received: 10/03/2019 
I-130 NOA1 received: 10/08/2019 --> Assigned to Nebraska Service Center 😩
I-129F (K3) submitted: 11/01/2019 :idea:

I-129F (K3) USCIS Lockbox received: 11/06/2019 

I-129F (K3) NOA1 received: 11/14/2019 😃🙏🏻
I-130 approved: 05/21/2020 —> NOA2 came from Texas Service Center 🥳❤️

NVC Stage
Case Number received: 05/22/2020 —> via Email 😃
Paid IV and AOS fee: 05/23/2020
IV fee processed (AOS fee is stuck😭) 05/28/2020
Submitted IV application and civil documents: 06/02/2020
Submitted inquiry to NVC for AOS fee being "stuck" (known NVC system issue): 06/02/2020 --> Let the waiting begin - again.... 
AOS fee finally marked as payed: 06/10/2020 🥳

On 4/17/2020 at 1:05 AM, Katie & Camilo said:

We did not receive any formal notice about the transfer, but I had it confirmed by a tier 2 agent. Your approval should be coming any day now!! The agent had told me a while back that California timeline is about 6 months for us citizens and spouses... she was right! 6 months and 6 days for us. Keep checking your account!!

My file transferred to California on 23rd Feb , But still no action. 6 month passed and 11 days now. Waiting. 

6 hours ago, woodpecker1 said:

I got a similar update in February. Does it mean my case is transferred? I didn't get a new notice.

IOE cases seem to not get transfer notices. We assume they are just accessed by whoever has time. The updates can mean anything. From starting background check, to attaching things to your case, etc. The USCIS tier 2 officer my husband talked to last week told him that basically there is a whole checklist of things that need to be processed before an officer can look at the case and make a decision. So these updates are pretty much checking off boxes on the check list. 

To find out if you have been transferred, the petitioner can use the Emma Chat and ask to talk to a live representative (works only during business hours) or write a mail to a tier to about the status of your case etc. out of your „My USCIS“ account. They will not go into detail but tell you to check the processing times online by selecting I-130 and then they will tell you which office to select. That‘s how you‘ll find out where your case is.

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage
Submitted inquiry to NVC for AOS fee being "stuck" (known NVC system issue): 06/02/2020 --> Let the waiting begin - again.... 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 4/16/2020 at 1:32 PM, Katie & Camilo said:

NOA1 from Texas

PD - October 10, 2019

Congratulations!!!!

It seems that the average times USCIS posts vary quite significantly depending on the specific cases, especially when the applicant is not a US Citizen.

9 hours ago, B&C2017 said:

IOE cases seem to not get transfer notices. We assume they are just accessed by whoever has time. The updates can mean anything. From starting background check, to attaching things to your case, etc. The USCIS tier 2 officer my husband talked to last week told him that basically there is a whole checklist of things that need to be processed before an officer can look at the case and make a decision. So these updates are pretty much checking off boxes on the check list. 

To find out if you have been transferred, the petitioner can use the Emma Chat and ask to talk to a live representative (works only during business hours) or write a mail to a tier to about the status of your case etc. out of your „My USCIS“ account. They will not go into detail but tell you to check the processing times online by selecting I-130 and then they will tell you which office to select. That‘s how you‘ll find out where your case is.

Useful info thanks .... but y jus do checklist and jus do out the entire thing one time ! I had a date change 8th April after 4 months really thou I was getting approved but back to the wait game ! 
Why the processing timeline have permanent resident process faster than usc spouse when all lawyers and experts says it faster ?

6 minutes ago, Vcgy said:

Useful info thanks .... but y jus do checklist and jus do out the entire thing one time ! I had a date change 8th April after 4 months really thou I was getting approved but back to the wait game ! 
Why the processing timeline have permanent resident process faster than usc spouse when all lawyers and experts says it faster ?

There are multiple stages working on a case. It‘s not just one person doing everything. It takes time (maybe days, weeks or months) to run background checks etc. That‘s why one agent doesn‘t do the entire thing.

Permanent residence are not faster - in fact they take quite a while longer! 
if you‘re referring to the timelines, I know some centers have short timelines but these centers don‘t usually process these applications (or not anymore).

Also they‘ve shifted things around, so the timelines are currently not very accurate. 
Also for LPR‘s petitions, there is usually a limited number of visas available (for USC‘s immediate relatives there is no wait time). So for a immediate relative of a USC, the visa process continues immediatly after the petition is approved while a LPR‘s beneficiaries have to wait until their visa date becomes available which can be anywhere between months to years - depending who they petition for. 

We had a date change early April as well! Let‘s hope for a fast approval 🙏🏻 What‘s your PD?

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage

2 minutes ago, B&C2017 said:

There are multiple stages working on a case. It‘s not just one person doing everything. It takes time (maybe days, weeks or months) to run background checks etc. That‘s why one agent doesn‘t do the entire thing.

Permanent residence are not faster - in fact they take quite a while longer! 
if you‘re referring to the timelines, I know some centers have short timelines but these centers don‘t usually process these applications (or not anymore).

Also they‘ve shifted things around, so the timelines are currently not very accurate. 
Also for LPR‘s petitions, there is usually a limited number of visas available (for USC‘s immediate relatives there is no wait time). So for a immediate relative of a USC, the visa process continues immediatly after the petition is approved while a LPR‘s beneficiaries have to wait until their visa date becomes available which can be anywhere between months to years - depending who they petition for. 

We had a date change early April as well! Let‘s hope for a fast approval 🙏🏻 What‘s your PD?

Thanks useful u surely did your research ! Yea it pretty mess up it showing 5-7 months for Texas center for permanent resident and  7.5-9 for usc !

15th oct Texas what’s ur ?

56 minutes ago, Vcgy said:

Thanks useful u surely did your research ! Yea it pretty mess up it showing 5-7 months for Texas center for permanent resident and  7.5-9 for usc !

15th oct Texas what’s ur ?

October 7th, Nebraska but transferred to Texas in February. Hopefully it won‘t be much longer! 
Good luck to you!

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.