Timeline
1 hour ago, Samcoun101 said:

I’m sorry I think you misunderstood.

what I meant to say was that I could not

visit her before we got engaged. 

So I only saw her met her once for 2

weeks and we had two

engagement parties. 

I got a lawyer and he said we should be fine and he filed the petition for K1 on our behalf. 

Now reading on here many people are saying you should meet more than once before you file the K1 petition.

so what should I do? We have no red flags... same religion... same age.. no kids... both never been married.

should I proceed with the petition or cancel it and file later after we meet again in November and December.

Lawyer is wrong

you need several trips (if they are short like 2 weeks) or you need a longer time/  immigration demands this in Morocco

I would get my documents together and marry in Morocco (needed documents and steps to marry are on the following site

https://ma.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/marriage-information/

I sincerely hope you did not hire that lawyer

allah yekbel

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
10 minutes ago, missileman said:

Your thought, @JeanneAdil ?

I wonder as he had 2 (usually marriage celebration has 1 to 5) so it will look like a marriage celebration

To the OP,  Did you sign any document for marriage at the court house Or county clerk?

That is the marriage document as Morocco has no marriage ceremony

but he would have had to have birth certificate,   any divorce or former spouse death notice,  ad police certificate,  passport photos,  and a dr exam

and it takes well over 3 weeks to do the travel to the US embassy for document of eligibility to marry 

and then to Rabat to the Office of foreign Minister 

and then get all these documents translated into Arabic

and then to the spouse's home village to do dr appt

and see the judge and police and have all 6 copies of everything in Arabice and English sent to Rabat and wait for an approval

probably not enough time if OP was there only 2 weeks

6 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

I wonder as he had 2 (usually marriage celebration has 1 to 5) so it will look like a marriage celebration

To the OP,  Did you sign any document for marriage at the court house Or county clerk?

That is the marriage document as Morocco has no marriage ceremony

but he would have had to have birth certificate,   any divorce or former spouse death notice,  ad police certificate,  passport photos,  and a dr exam

and it takes well over 3 weeks to do the travel to the US embassy for document of eligibility to marry 

and then to Rabat to the Office of foreign Minister 

and then get all these documents translated into Arabic

and then to the spouse's home village to do dr appt

and see the judge and police and have all 6 copies of everything in Arabice and English sent to Rabat and wait for an approval

probably not enough time if OP was there only 2 weeks

I did not get married. 

It was engagement.

There were two parties because one was in a casablanca with her friends and the other was in el jadida with her family. 

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Samcoun101 said:

I did not get married. 

It was engagement.

There were two parties because one was in a casablanca with her friends and the other was in el jadida with her family. 

You need (in a very polite way) to explain to her dad that the casa embassy needs to see more visits

there is no reason for you to be alone with her during these trips

Adil and i were never alone / we traveled to many cities and also had some of his family with us 

offer to have a caperone from the family with you all the time

Timeline

No need to cancel this K1 as you intend to make another trip

as you say "no red flags"  you may get an approval with just more visits

but,  again,  Casa embassy likes to see quality facetime and 1 week is looked at as only a vacation / not what they want to see

they want to know you have met,  are completely committed to each other,  and know enough about the other to make this a real relationship that will last the long immigration process and prosper in the years to come as a loving devoted family

Edited by JeanneAdil

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Samcoun101 said:

I feel Iike this lawyer(whom I paid 3500) gave me the wrong advice. He said our case will be easy but from what I’m reading it’s not easy in Casablanca. 

So so I wonder if I should cancel it. Go back in November and December then file it 🤷‍♂️

Any one of us will tell you anything you want to hear for half of that.

Casa is no joke.  Your petition will be fine, but you need to run up some face to face time before the interview and bring documentation of every minute spent together.

OP, you're focusing on the petition.  Most petitions are approved.  Your bigger hurdle will be the consulate interview.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Samcoun101 said:

Yes but I was told they usually make a decision even before the interview. 

The interview appears to be a formality. 

In which case how do you think your petition will be viewed?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

6 minutes ago, Samcoun101 said:

Yes but I was told they usually make a decision even before the interview. 

They why is Casa notoriously hard?

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Just now, Boiler said:

In which case how do you think your petition will be viewed?

I think it will be viewed as such:

we are the same age: both 25

same religion: Muslim 

same language: English

Never been married.

No children. 

No criminal history. 

The only two things I can’t think off is only meeting once (2 weeks) and she did try to get a tourist visa(she is a flight attendant for Royal Air Maroc) and they said no because she is too young (25). 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Very nice photos, and I wish you much happiness.

As someone with no experience with the Casa embassy, but only hearing stories about "too married for K-1", the last two photos in traditional attire concern me a bit if they were included in the package... Hopefully someone with real life experience will disagree and say I'm wrong.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.