flemirebs

Is there a way to expedite interview?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Does anyone know if there's ANY way to expedite the Casablanca consulate interview for fiancé visa? Maybe a lawyer, mayor, or someone who can get into contact with them somehow? Because I know they don't look at the applicants messages.

10 minutes ago, flemirebs said:

Does anyone know if there's ANY way to expedite the Casablanca consulate interview for fiancé visa? Maybe a lawyer, mayor, or someone who can get into contact with them somehow? Because I know they don't look at the applicants messages.

Expedite under what grounds?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

there is no way and your case is going smoothly now as you just applied end of April and NOA1 is dated beginning of May

be more concerned with the interview and preparing the Moroccan with good knowlegde of the USC and life here

at this point a lawyer can do no good as all they do is mail the application in and you are past that stage 

What Mayor?   even a US Senator has no power over immigration and the embassy

Congress makes the laws for immigration (or is suppose to) but immigration is not funded by the federal budget/  it is solely paid for by our fees leaving it free from control of other enities

Also the approval rates for K1 still is not good in Morocco so be well prepared for the interview

be aware you may go into long AP if approved

and be ready to go and marry if denied

Best to you both

this is the site that shows # of visas approved for each embassy (post) and by class 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/nonimmigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-nonimmigrant-visa-issuances.html

Edited by JeanneAdil

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Unless you( U.S citizens) has valid reason based on this link from USCIS, then you can. If not, please stay in the line and wait for your turn to come. Embassy still have another thousand case need to be done, so you need to wait.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/how-make-expedite-request

Edited by H&T

48 minutes ago, flemirebs said:

There is a way to expedite. But you have to have a reason. It is not done simply because you asked. Most expedites are for medical emergencies for example.

Also, outside people like Senators and Lawyers can't interfere with the process. It would open up possibilities of bribery.

Edited by Unlockable

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What is your reason for seeking an expedite?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It seems that the Casablanca consulate is about 4 months behind in scheduling interviews at this time. Everyone else is waiting too, I know it is tough and frustrating. People have been waiting for interviews since April, before you even received your NOA1.

They don't reply to all of the requests for interviews, they just send an automated message. 

Unless you have documented reason for expedite, you still have a bit of a wait to go. Hopefully things will speed up at the consulate soon. 

Edited by RJandHamid

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Expedite under what grounds?

My mom has terminal cancer. I wasnt worried until I saw our interview date being probably 2020. I just wanted my mom to see me get married. I'm not sure if she will make it that long. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

That would be based on the relationship between her and your fiancee, their presence in each others lives.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

20 minutes ago, flemirebs said:

My mom has terminal cancer. I wasnt worried until I saw our interview date being probably 2020. I just wanted my mom to see me get married. I'm not sure if she will make it that long. 

Unfortunately, that does not qualify as a reason.  Even if it did, there is no way to expedite the AP usually seen for MENA males.

Timeline
15 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Unfortunately, that does not qualify as a reason.  Even if it did, there is no way to expedite the AP usually seen for MENA males.

Thank you for everyones help. I thought at least if I tried I would know I did all I could

Timeline
On 9/30/2019 at 11:39 AM, flemirebs said:

Hello! When I wrote my congresswoman, I received info about expedition and was told the only qualifying events would be a death, serious illness or threat of violence. To obtain the expedition, you'd have to jump through even more hoops. I was emailing daily for awhile and maybe they got tired of it an responded. Shortly after all the emailing, my fiance got a call from the embassy scheduling his second interview. All I can say it just keep at it. It's frustrating, it's demoralizing and it causes strains on your whole life, but in the end it will be worth it. My fiance didn't get his visa until 13 days after he was approved and he had to demand to speak to someone at the embassy (via a security guard who was very helpful thank god). The embassy said they sent it to the Aramex location, then Aramex saying they didn't have it. My fiance talked to someone inside the embassy who confirmed his passport was at the Aramex location. He went back to Aramex (mind you he'd been going back and forth a few times that day) and they lady at the Aramex location was gone for about 15 minutes. She brings up the passport, (it's in a plastic see through bag along with the packet of papers in a sealed envelope only to be opened by DHS in the US) and he noticed that the passport looked old and torn up. His passport was new. He opened the plastic bag and the passport was for an African woman!!!!! Thank god he opened the package there! The woman at Aramex looked like she was going to barf. She went back to the back and miraculously "found" my fiance's package. Needless to say, it's been a journey. We have his flight booked and he'll be here in a few weeks. Don't give up. Just keep at it. I'm happy to share any details about my journey to you. Direct message me and I'll give you my email. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2019 at 7:35 AM, flemirebs said:

Thank you for everyones help. I thought at least if I tried I would know I did all I could

No one here can tell you NOT to request an expedite. It doesn't hurt anything. The worst that can happen is that they say no.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.