TBoneTX

March 2019 AOS Filers -- Part 2

636 posts in this topic

On 1/14/2020 at 9:19 AM, Gigi2017 said:

If you served Military or worked at Police in your home country than yeah you should bring some paperwork about it. On the I-485 at the “yes” and “no” questions there is I think 2 questions about it. So I bring my paperwork just in case. It won’t hurt .

Ahh that makes sense thank you! Yeah it’s probably a good idea to have that then

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131 (USC spouse)

Adjusting From: F1 

Local USCIS office: Washington, DC

Service center: NBC

AOS Timeline

03/07/2019: FedEx delivery

03/22/2019: NOA1

04/01/2019: Completed biometrics 

04/08/2019: Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

07/05/2019: EAD Card in Production (67 days after expediting)

Feb 2020: GC Interview, GC received

ROC Timeline:

Nov 2021: Filed I-751

March 2021: Biometrics Appointment Completed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello! We just finished our interview in San Jose Office, sharing my experience here while it is fresh on my mind.

Questions are basic:

-My name, my maiden name, birthday

-When did I first arrived in the US

-Where am I staying

and the security questions at the end part of the I-485.

For my husband (we were interviewed together):

- Where do you work

-What is your income

-Do you have recent paystubs

Now this is the part where we she needs to check my husband’s annual income to the upcoming 2020 poverty guidelines.
She said they will mail us if they need more documents from us. I guess Case is still on process until they okayed that income meets the guidelines. And hand me this paper:

14A7C01A-E3FC-438D-B641-C8EECDD52C84.jpeg

Timeline
4 hours ago, PaulaMarie said:

Hello! We just finished our interview in San Jose Office, sharing my experience here while it is fresh on my mind.

Questions are basic:

-My name, my maiden name, birthday

-When did I first arrived in the US

-Where am I staying

and the security questions at the end part of the I-485.

For my husband (we were interviewed together):

- Where do you work

-What is your income

-Do you have recent paystubs

Now this is the part where we she needs to check my husband’s annual income to the upcoming 2020 poverty guidelines.
She said they will mail us if they need more documents from us. I guess Case is still on process until they okayed that income meets the guidelines. And hand me this paper:

14A7C01A-E3FC-438D-B641-C8EECDD52C84.jpeg

MY question for those who have their greencard. Did you receive the same paper or did they tell you right away that your case is approved?

3 hours ago, PaulaMarie said:

MY question for those who have their greencard. Did you receive the same paper or did they tell you right away that your case is approved?

Hi PaulaMarie. We were just at the San Jose office too. They gave us the same paper, checked in the same box. We got a notification about 4 hours later that a new card was being produced. Then two notifications the day after saying that the I-485 and I-130 were approved. Funny how the order is! lol

Timeline
4 hours ago, dittoditto said:

Hi PaulaMarie. We were just at the San Jose office too. They gave us the same paper, checked in the same box. We got a notification about 4 hours later that a new card was being produced. Then two notifications the day after saying that the I-485 and I-130 were approved. Funny how the order is! lol

That’s a relief! I was confused when she gave the paper!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
12 hours ago, dittoditto said:

We were just at the San Jose office too.

@dittoditto @PaulaMarie Nice!  The San Jose office must be running full steam ahead.   My wife's interview is scheduled for the end of this month at the San Jose office (located in Santa Clara) as well.     I hope you get your cards in the mail quickly!

16 hours ago, PaulaMarie said:

From what I've seen that's pretty standard (I honestly can't remember if we got that paper but I *think* we did?!?!?) and then the update changed the next day. My guess is yours does the same. It seems that for most people they like to leave you with a little "we will let you know" but if there were any problems, they would have brought them up in the interview. Congrats!

On 1/15/2020 at 1:38 PM, AOSFairfax said:

Ahh that makes sense thank you! Yeah it’s probably a good idea to have that then

Honestly my guess is you will need none of anything on your list. At our interview he only wanted to see the photos and kind of flipped through them asking us questions about the trips we had taken and what we saw that we liked lol. He asked the standard questions that are already on the form that you completed with the application. I had this giant notebook and he couldn't have cared less. But always better to be over prepared! Good luck!!

Timeline
15 minutes ago, americaninlove said:

From what I've seen that's pretty standard (I honestly can't remember if we got that paper but I *think* we did?!?!?) and then the update changed the next day. My guess is yours does the same. It seems that for most people they like to leave you with a little "we will let you know" but if there were any problems, they would have brought them up in the interview. Congrats!

Thank you. Hopefully everything will be okay! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Okay I think I'm closing in on being prepared for our interview. Here's my checklist. Am I forgetting anything important? 

- i693 medical in sealed envelope 
- marriage certificate
- rental lease in both names for 2 different apt.
- utilities in both names
- car insurance
- health insurance
- life insurance
- rental insurance
- joint bank account

- joint bank account statements 
- credit card statement
- payment ledger for rent in both names 
- drivers license showing same address (mine from previous apt and his from our current)
- naturalization certificate
- Swedish birth certificate showing marital status with my husband's name
- current i94 record
- all F1/academic related papers
- all previous EAD (2012, 2018 and 2019)
- copy of passports
- i864 financial support w/ 2 months paystubs

- employment letter from husband's current job
- w2 for 2017 & 2018
- tax return filed jointly 2017 & 2018

- my employment letter and w2. 
- text message conversation with husband and with mother in law
- adoption letter for our dog Cody
- boarding passes to Sweden
- letter addressed to both spouses
- Christmas cards from 2017, 2018, 2019
- birthday/valentines cards
- wedding picture book
- printed pictures (like 100 showing with friends and family but about 15-20 that I'd just hand them if asked). 

We haven't traveled a lot together (husband hates flying and if I let him would live under a rock 😂) We're also not big on buying gifts for each other, that's just part of how we grew up so we don't have many receipts. 

IMG_20200116_210238_414.jpg

2 hours ago, SusannZ said:

Okay I think I'm closing in on being prepared for our interview. Here's my checklist. Am I forgetting anything important? 

- i693 medical in sealed envelope 
- marriage certificate
- rental lease in both names for 2 different apt.
- utilities in both names
- car insurance
- health insurance
- life insurance
- rental insurance
- joint bank account

- joint bank account statements 
- credit card statement
- payment ledger for rent in both names 
- drivers license showing same address (mine from previous apt and his from our current)
- naturalization certificate
- Swedish birth certificate showing marital status with my husband's name
- current i94 record
- all F1/academic related papers
- all previous EAD (2012, 2018 and 2019)
- copy of passports
- i864 financial support w/ 2 months paystubs

- employment letter from husband's current job
- w2 for 2017 & 2018
- tax return filed jointly 2017 & 2018

- my employment letter and w2. 
- text message conversation with husband and with mother in law
- adoption letter for our dog Cody
- boarding passes to Sweden
- letter addressed to both spouses
- Christmas cards from 2017, 2018, 2019
- birthday/valentines cards
- wedding picture book
- printed pictures (like 100 showing with friends and family but about 15-20 that I'd just hand them if asked). 

We haven't traveled a lot together (husband hates flying and if I let him would live under a rock 😂) We're also not big on buying gifts for each other, that's just part of how we grew up so we don't have many receipts. 

IMG_20200116_210238_414.jpg

I think you all set! We have almost the same things! We also have an adopted dog together, I’m gonna put it in the package!

Off topic: Love the triangle light thingy in your window! So European! Everyone have it in Hungary too 😂😂

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
7 hours ago, Gigi2017 said:

I think you all set! We have almost the same things! We also have an adopted dog together, I’m gonna put it in the package!

Off topic: Love the triangle light thingy in your window! So European! Everyone have it in Hungary too 😂😂

Thanks! It's from Christmas and I have yet to take it down haha it'll probably sit up all year 😂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.