Sal11

AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT AND INSUFFICIENT INCOME

32 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, NikLR said:

Tax returns are past income unless the petitioner is self employed.  Current income has been described.  Provide evidence of current income.  Use google.  Search threads.  This is a common question.

What can we gather as edivence to proof that our current income is enough? IM little confused over here, that’s why posted here! :) 

Timeline
8 hours ago, carmel34 said:

Evidence of current income is a letter from the employer stating the annual salary of the current job, and the most recent six months of pay stubs.  If you are denied based on concerns of becoming a public charge, you can also use his assets if any.  If that is still not enough, you will have no choice but to find a joint sponsor, or he can find a second job to increase current income and you can try again if they give you the chance.  Good luck!

Thanks so much bud, it was so helpful!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Sal11 said:

He’s making around $30k.

I would say that $30K may be borderline depending on the circumstances.  How large is the household?  Any other people he is sponsoring with an I-864 in the last few years?  How long has he had the job?  Six months or more?  What was his income in the three tax years before 2019 based on IRS tax transcripts?  Is it a job that is likely to continue or something short-term or contract based?  Job stability will be considered, and this is why a new job for only a few months is less convincing to the IO, especially when the income level is not much higher than the poverty minimums.  Where will you be living in the USA?  Cost of housing will be considered, also do you have any medical needs?  Special needs?  All of these issues factor into the IO's decision which is why a joint sponsor is a good idea to have with you at the interview if you need it.  A new job may not show stability depending on what it is and prior years' jobs.  Look at this from the IO's perspective and consider all these things, then if you think there would be a reason to deny you, find a joint sponsor or you could be denied or face delays.  Good luck!

1 hour ago, Sal11 said:

What can we gather as edivence to proof that our current income is enough? IM little confused over here, that’s why posted here! :) 

That's why I said to research it within the forums.  This isn't an uncommon question and you'd find the answers.  Yes I could just give you the answer but you're more likely to learn it if you discover it yourself. :) 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
11 hours ago, Sal11 said:

Although your husband is preparing an I-864 the I-134 instructions have a better list of evidence proving current income.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

1.  A summary list of this year’s paystubs

2.  Bank statements from beginning of the year showing deposits

3.  Letter of employment (the same statement that mortgage lenders ask for with job title, starting date, classification (full-time or part-time), and wage/salary from the employer

Assets, yours or his, can be added to income to make up the difference.

At the end of the day it depends on income, assets, and household size and if the petitioner / beneficiary cannot meet the requirements or do not have a joint sponsor then the case is delayed until they do.

Timeline
On 9/22/2019 at 6:08 AM, carmel34 said:

I would say that $30K may be borderline depending on the circumstances.  How large is the household?  Any other people he is sponsoring with an I-864 in the last few years?  How long has he had the job?  Six months or more?  What was his income in the three tax years before 2019 based on IRS tax transcripts?  Is it a job that is likely to continue or something short-term or contract based?  Job stability will be considered, and this is why a new job for only a few months is less convincing to the IO, especially when the income level is not much higher than the poverty minimums.  Where will you be living in the USA?  Cost of housing will be considered, also do you have any medical needs?  Special needs?  All of these issues factor into the IO's decision which is why a joint sponsor is a good idea to have with you at the interview if you need it.  A new job may not show stability depending on what it is and prior years' jobs.  Look at this from the IO's perspective and consider all these things, then if you think there would be a reason to deny you, find a joint sponsor or you could be denied or face delays.  Good luck!

Okay so he’s been doing this job for 2 years. This year his income has been raised, it wasn’t enough as per last year’s records. His employer is even ready to cooperate. And no, he’s not sponsoring anyone else than me. There are 5 persons in his family, including him but he’s not sponsoring any of them. He’s thinking to continue this job. And no I’ve no medical needs, I’m fine. I’m not sure what we can do. 

Timeline
Just now, Sal11 said:

Okay so he’s been doing this job for 2 years. This year his income has been raised, it wasn’t enough as per last year’s records. His employer is even ready to cooperate. And no, he’s not sponsoring anyone else than me. There are 5 persons in his family, including him but he’s not sponsoring any of them. He’s thinking to continue this job. And no I’ve no medical needs, I’m fine. I’m not sure what we can do. 

Also, I’ll be living in Chicago USA (Skokie) after getting there. They’ve this house on rent. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2019 at 5:27 PM, Sal11 said:

Haha, I didn’t know about that lol. 

I just need to know if it’s better to get a joint sponsor instead of proving it through some evidences? I’m not sure though. Cuz if we wait for tax records, it’ll take much longer! What we can do? And we should do? If someone is already making enough money as per this year, can they still get a co sponsor? He’s making around $30k. 

if you need help regarding joint sponcer please inbux

Timeline
On 10/12/2019 at 6:37 PM, NikLR said:

In all honesty it's better to keep everything on the forums to help future participants of the forum.  Something like this sounds shady. 

Hey, if we submit his paystubs (it states his annual salary around $31k by this month for this year, uptill now). We’ve got done with his employer letter too. Do we still need to submit IRS, w2 and 1040? If yes, then lmk if they do need the proof of income from last year too? He joined this job 2018s June, and his last year income from June to December was around $24k. What do we need to submit? Can you please assist and make a list? I’ll be so thankful!!

11 hours ago, Sal11 said:

Hey, if we submit his paystubs (it states his annual salary around $31k by this month for this year, uptill now). We’ve got done with his employer letter too. Do we still need to submit IRS, w2 and 1040? If yes, then lmk if they do need the proof of income from last year too? He joined this job 2018s June, and his last year income from June to December was around $24k. What do we need to submit? Can you please assist and make a list? I’ll be so thankful!!

You still need the tax return transcripts from 2018 yes.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 10/16/2019 at 10:34 PM, Sal11 said:

Guys you are missing the point, case is in Pakistan embassy. CO are very skeptical here and for some obvious reasons. There are multiple cases in Pakistan embassy where they have submitted 1040, W2's and paystubs of lets say 2018. Their income was in range of sponsoring but cases were put on AP. As per embassy IRS transcript is a document that is considered legit and as per them 1040, W2's and paystubs can be forged.

So my point is in Islamabad embassy they see the confirm income through IRS transcripts rather then current income or evidence of current income that are not yet reported to income tax authorities.

This may sound bad, but the best bet is to apply once your husband file 2019 tax returns.

36 minutes ago, Syed_Asghar_Raza said:

So my point is in Islamabad embassy they see the confirm income through IRS transcripts rather then current income or evidence of current income that are not yet reported to income tax authorities.

While Pakistan COs are skeptical, current income is king and this is pretty consistent across consulates. A transcript showing my income from 11-23 months ago right now says basically nothing about my ability to support somebody.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

2 minutes ago, GreenUsa said:

If you quit from job after you get employment latter, are they actually checking with employer ? 

It would be a material misrepresentation signed under threat of perjury. Don't go there.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.