TheBs

K1 Denied without Denial slip

57 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Well, if you are not going to accept advice given on this forum, please go about it your own way and report back and let us know how it goes.

Thank you for ur advice!

Agreed....more face to face time would have really helped. That's by far the strongest relationship evidence out there. The three weeks is good, but Lagos is a very, very tough consulate.

I understand some others were approved with less, but their cases are not your case. Only one visit is risky with Lagos...they're difficult due to abuse by others in the past, unfortunately.

Keep in contact with the embassy. As for the congressperson, the petitioner should call or email them (each senator has their own process) and ask for a case inquiry. Explain the situation. They will have the petitioner submit a form for consent.

If/Once the consulate sends the petition back to NVC to go to USCIS, it's game over and you have to start all over (preferably with a spousal visa next time).

Best of luck.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
1 minute ago, geowrian said:

Agreed....more face to face time would have really helped. That's by far the strongest relationship evidence out there. The three weeks is good, but Lagos is a very, very tough consulate.

I understand some others were approved with less, but their cases are not your case. Only one visit is risky with Lagos...they're difficult due to abuse by others in the past, unfortunately.

Keep in contact with the embassy. As for the congressperson, the petitioner should call or email them (each senator has their own process) and ask for a case inquiry. Explain the situation. They will have the petitioner submit a form for consent.

If/Once the consulate sends the petition back to NVC to go to USCIS, it's game over and you have to start all over (preferable with a spousal visa next time).

Best of luck.

Thanks! I appreciate ur reply

What questions were asked?

You havent posted which questions the co made.

Also which evidence did you inclue in your i-129f package?

Many people dont inclue evidence on their package thinking that the day of interview co will reviews evidence.

Co take the decision base on the package and base in some questios.

On the interview co font reviews evidence

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline

I know you mentioned that yall met on Instagram and that you didn't provide that evidence. The amount of time between when  you first started talking and filed could be a factor as well. 

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
11 hours ago, TheBs said:

My fiance got denied the k1 visa last week but was not given any denial paper or documents. Fiance said they took all our docs and only returned the passport back.

My fiance said CO said I am going to have to say NO to this and that was it. Fiance asked if the CO needed more evidence or proofs? CO said no he has everything he needs.

So what do we do now? We have emailed the embassy and no replied yet. Can we get a second interview or a review?

You will have to follow up on this from your side to keep the case at the embassy.

Based on location you have an uphill battle, it’s considered a high fraud post and if they question the validity of the relationship you really don’t have a choice other that spend more time together and build a stronger case.

Usually it requires that you get married and file a spousal visa.  

You should get something back indicating reason for denial.  That will give you an idea of what to do from here.

Edited by Nitas_man

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

No boarding passes?  No photos?  No hotel receipts?  No passport stamps?  You may have been denied for lack of sufficient evidence of the one three week meeting.  Visit more often, save all evidence, co-mingle finances, get married in Nigeria, file CR-1.  Good luck!

Looks like you will be traveling back to get married and filing a spousal visa. Or moving to Nigeria. 

I find it odd when people state that money is the reason for being “unable to get married in his country” (Family can’t afford to attend). Attending a wedding even in this country has certain costs associated with it. And by going the K-1 route you are looking at a period of at least 6 months before the spouse can work here. Keeping two adults on one wage for that period of time PLUS the AOS costs, moving costs, etc make a few plane tickets look like pocket change. His healthcare premiums alone during that period of unemployment would more than cover a couple of plane tickets for your family. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
11 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

One short 3 week visit is likely inadequate for Lagos.  Chats and call logs won't cut it - you need more visits.

Best bet is probably to marry and file for a CR-1, after having much more in-person face time.  

One visit is enough.. years ago my fiancé visited me just once for 12 days.. and we haven’t had any issues.m getting the visa.. if your application has all the required documents.. then you need for sure to contact your congressman and he will help you out.. 

good luck..it will be a long frustrating journey even after your fiancé gets his k1 visas..

3 minutes ago, mereal said:

One visit is enough.. years ago my fiancé visited me just once for 12 days.. and we haven’t had any issues.m getting the visa.. if your application has all the required documents.. then you need for sure to contact your congressman and he will help you out.. 

good luck..it will be a long frustrating journey even after your fiancé gets his k1 visas..

It's technically enough by law to be eligible.

Context is important - mainly the country involved here.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
11 minutes ago, mereal said:

Thank you! Fiance said they returned all the proofs I seent in the petition even before the interview. During the interview time, CO only asked for chats n pics which we had a ton. Fiance said CO didnt even go thru the petition b4 but the CO was going thru it while interviewing. I think there was a misconception thats all bc all answers were correct when I asked my fiance which questions did they ask. I will contact my Senator to see.

Timeline
57 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

No boarding passes?  No photos?  No hotel receipts?  No passport stamps?  You may have been denied for lack of sufficient evidence of the one three week meeting.  Visit more often, save all evidence, co-mingle finances, get married in Nigeria, file CR-1.  Good luck!

Fiance said they returned all the proofs I seent in the petition even before the interview. During the interview time, CO only asked for chats n pics which we had a ton. Fiance said CO didnt even go thru the petition b4 bc the CO was going thru it while interviewing. I think there was a misconception thats all bc all answers were correct when I asked my fiance which questions did they ask. I will contact my Senator to see

Timeline
5 hours ago, mytruelove18 said:

Many people dont inclue evidence on their package thinking that the day of interview co will reviews evidence.

Thank you! Fiance said they returned all the proofs I seent in the petition even before the interview. During the interview time, CO only asked for chats n pics which we had a ton. Fiance said CO didnt even go thru the petition b4 but the CO was going thru it while interviewing. I think there was a misconception thats all bc all answers were correct when I asked my fiance which questions did they ask. I will contact my Senator to see

Timeline
5 hours ago, mytruelove18 said:

Who is petitioning

PLace of birth, how long I have been in the US

Where I work n what I do for a living

Why did we meet on instagram n how?

Proofs of relationship: asked for pics n chats

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ads2865 said:

I know you mentioned that yall met on Instagram and that you didn't provide that evidence. The amount of time between when  you first started talking and filed could be a factor as well. 

We started talking June 2017, and met in December 2018, then got engaged in Jan 2019 and filed in Feb 2019. More than enough time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.